The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Massive discouragement in sales, want to quit

Anything related to matters of the mind

Redboard

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 3, 2017
US
My issue is that I have a lot of discouragement right now in my current sales job as a door to door salesman at a solar company. I’ve started a month ago and so far I have not sold anything yet. The first two weeks I did 400 doors, had 1 appointment but no sale. The last 2 weeks I only had about 50 doors with nothing. Now I’m at a point where I just want to quit. Just thinking about going door to door brings my mood down and I have a heavy resistance to going out now. How do I overcome this slump? I really want to make it big in this company.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Each 'no' gets you closer to 'yes'.

Study and improve your sales technique and presentation.

Read up on some Zig Ziglar.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Get on YouTube and check out Grant Cardone's channel. Watch the Young Hustlers series, with an emphasis on episodes about cold calling. Not a huge difference between a call and a knock - just adapt the material to your needs.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
My issue is that I have a lot of discouragement right now in my current sales job as a door to door salesman at a solar company. I’ve started a month ago and so far I have not sold anything yet. The first two weeks I did 400 doors, had 1 appointment but no sale. The last 2 weeks I only had about 50 doors with nothing. Now I’m at a point where I just want to quit. Just thinking about going door to door brings my mood down and I have a heavy resistance to going out now. How do I overcome this slump? I really want to make it big in this company.

Maybe instead of concentrating on yourself, concentrate on your customers and what value the product you're selling provides them?

From your post alone it's obvious you are just concerned about yourself and how much money you can make.

Anyways, before asking for advice you should've posted a proper introduction...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Redboard

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 3, 2017
US
Maybe instead of concentrating on yourself, concentrate on your customers and what value the product you're selling provides them?

From your post alone it's obvious you are just concerned about yourself and how much money you can make.

Anyways, before asking for advice you should've posted a proper introduction...

Right, from my post alone it might seem that way. However, that really is not the case. I do understand how the sales process works: you understand your customers needs and give them what they want in exchange for something of value (sales summarized in 1 sentence for me). But here's the thing, I'm not so concerned with the sales process, I'm more concerned with having me overcome frustration so that I can actually go out and even attempt to sell. I have to keep going out, and I know that; but it's so hard for me to get myself to go out now.

And again, yes I should've posted a proper introduction. I'm pretty worked up right now which is why I went straight to asking the question. I did do my introduction minutes after posting the question. Here's the link if you're interested:

Introduction - Some new guy that wants to make a million bucks just like half the schmucks at any high end stripbar

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
What I never see brought up is that what you're selling can be a big factor. If nobody wants what you're selling then it doesn't matter how good of a salesman you are. Everyone always seems to put the blame entirely on the person selling and not the product or service.

Given the law of supply and demand. If selling solar panels was easy then solar companies would hire more solar sales people to sell solar panels until it's difficult. Every time I walk into Home Depot I'm talked to by someone who wants to sell solar panels.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.