The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Marketing in times of COVID19

Marketing, social media, advertising

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

I saw this article this morning and I thought I would share. Basically the author of the article is of the opinion that "in these uncertain times" and other now commonly used lines seem totally disingenuous.

They go on to show a more upbeat AT&T commercial that they think did a good job not ignoring, but not the same sob story as other companies. Interesting write up.

Edit: I didn't mean for this to be in the INSIDERS.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Boo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 6, 2018

I saw this article this morning and I thought I would share. Basically the author of the article is of the opinion that "in these uncertain times" and other now commonly used lines seem totally disingenuous.

They go on to show a more upbeat AT&T commercial that they think did a good job not ignoring, but not the same sob story as other companies. Interesting write up.

This is a timing issue in my opinion. If you look at a graph of search volume for C0VlD-19, we're on the downslope. Two weeks ago, ads focussing on the terror were crushing it. Now, it's time to swap to optimism and appreciation for the work that has been done. Forward looking.

Purely a timing issue. That's why these big monoliths always get crushed eventually, too slow. Gotta jump on the trend early and get off the train with your free ride before it smashes into the wall.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Moved outside.

I must admit I’ve not seen any of the types of videos mentioned.

As for the ads that I normally create... I don’t bother with evoking emotion and just try to be relevant and highlight benefits and features. It could be because of the lack of characters I can use in Google text Ads, but I suspect that’s why I’m attracted to writing ads on Google in the first place.

As a consumer I mostly just want to know how much and when it will be delivered.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Moved outside.

I must admit I’ve not seen any of the types of videos mentioned.

As for the ads that I normally create... I don’t bother with evoking emotion and just try to be relevant and highlight benefits and features. It could be because of the lack of characters I can use in Google text Ads, but I suspect that’s why I’m attracted to writing ads on Google in the first place.

As a consumer I mostly just want to know how much and when it will be delivered.
Google Ads are a unique channel because people are actively searching for what they want.

The customer has done half the work already by deciding they want what you’ve got.

Most other channels you have to catch they’re attention, and invoke a reaction of the customer.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

YoungBroward

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
May 15, 2016
32388Saw this the other day on chubbies Instagram. I like the approach they made with that overused statement.

Think Expand

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Oct 30, 2019
Google Ads are a unique channel because people are actively searching for what they want.

The customer has done half the work already by deciding they want what you’ve got.

Most other channels you have to catch they’re attention, and invoke a reaction of the customer.
On point, thanks.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.