• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Marketing ad, I have till 5:30pm to complete...insite needed

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by ryanpal, Jan 29, 2008.

1. ryanpal

ryanpal Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $75
    hello guys.
    i've been able to get an ad for very cheap. key is, i have to submit my ad by 5:30. i'll get to the point.

my site provides free lis pendens. free accounts (basic membership) can view all listings. paid accounts (premium membership) which still has to be added will contain all the bells and whistles. i will also provide a 30 day free trial for premium members.

now i first wanted to do an add like the following:

Free Foreclosure Listings
    No limited search feature, FULL info (name, address, city, lot, block etc) all for FREE!
    -one click export for easy mailings
    -investor tools & features frequently added (you get more than just listings!)
    -your own personal database for listings and leads with NO SOFTWARE TO DOWNLOAD
    www.freelispendens.com

---
    i feel this gives a good amount of details however i don't want it to be misleading because the personal database and other investor tools are for premium members only.

i don't want to misled people because the listings are free but premium memberships are the only ones with certain tools and the personal database.

therefore i thought this would be a better route:
    FREE
    FORECLOSURE LISTINGS
    No limited search feature,
    COMPLETE info (name, address, city, lot, block, filing date etc.)
    …all for FREE!
    www.freelispendens.com

the idea here being that my main goal is to get visitors to the site.

what do you guy recommend? i want an affective ad which will generate traffic but not to be clear to the user.

thanks.

ryan

2. Allthingznew

Allthingznew Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $95
    If what you are offering above is truly free at the time of the run, you're not misleading. If you plan to incorporate fees, I think you might want to say so somewhere on the site. Create urgency to get them hooked on the use. If you give a free 30 day trial, again it should say so on the site, but I wouldn't think it misleading to get them to look.

At your website it says it's free, the only mention of fees is here? I think your ad should get people to at least take a look, which appears to be what you want right now.

3. ryanpal

ryanpal Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $75
    thanks for your reply.

the only reason i felt it might mislead people is because you have to register to become a user (yes it's free). i just didn't want them to navigate to it and go "oh this isn't what i thought it was." they just want to hook you in and charge you.

the site has (and will always have) free listings. not just a semi free display like every other foreclosure web site.

at any rate, thanks for the input ;]

4. Allthingznew

Allthingznew Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $95
    If you're concerned people won't want to sign up and feel mislead in some way, confront the issue by addressing why they need to sign up and how it benefits them to do so. A simple statement of benefit will likely dispel any concerns. Good luck with the project!

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.