The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

market research questions.

nomadjanet

Contributor
Aug 28, 2007
TX
When you are looking for someone to perform home repair services where do you look?
Yellow pages? Internet search? Direct internet search or a service provider network?
What do you look for when you are looking at the ads or listings?
Is price the main thing or your schedule or guaranties or what is it?
We are trying to grow our business and we get stalled around 1.2 million. We just can’t get past this hump. I know we are not the cheapest, and be don’t aspire to be but I am trying to find out what we can do next. Anyone who can respond to my questions, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks, Janet

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

yveskleinsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 26, 2007
Hi Janet-

I just saw the best interview the other night on The Big Idea with Donnie Deutsch. He interviewed the guy who started Rent-a-husband. I was unable to find a good link with info for the interview- but maybe check CNBC is a week or so and it might be on there.

Anyhow- personally, I look for:
1. Free estimates.
2. Turn around time.

I have no idea what prices are- and generally I don't care. The value for me is in getting it done right. I prefer to have someone come over who is a jack-of-all-trades so they knock out a bunch of stuff at one time v. individual contractors.

I look for these services in the phone book under home repair. I don't look online as all the data seems to be consistenly outdated.

...Maybe it is time you franchise? That would get you over your hump!

Keep us posted! :)

china

New Contributor
Sep 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Ha! I also look in the yellow pages and I think free estimates and turn around time are probably most important to me too. If it's a one day job, I also look for them to be able to do it on a day I'm available (if I'm working on other things).

Aside from yellow pages, word of mouth is the best advertising. I've frequently called people who've done a good job for other people I know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom