The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

market research questions.

nomadjanet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 28, 2007
TX
When you are looking for someone to perform home repair services where do you look?
Yellow pages? Internet search? Direct internet search or a service provider network?
What do you look for when you are looking at the ads or listings?
Is price the main thing or your schedule or guaranties or what is it?
We are trying to grow our business and we get stalled around 1.2 million. We just can’t get past this hump. I know we are not the cheapest, and be don’t aspire to be but I am trying to find out what we can do next. Anyone who can respond to my questions, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks, Janet

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Hi Janet-

I just saw the best interview the other night on The Big Idea with Donnie Deutsch. He interviewed the guy who started Rent-a-husband. I was unable to find a good link with info for the interview- but maybe check CNBC is a week or so and it might be on there.

Anyhow- personally, I look for:
1. Free estimates.
2. Turn around time.

I have no idea what prices are- and generally I don't care. The value for me is in getting it done right. I prefer to have someone come over who is a jack-of-all-trades so they knock out a bunch of stuff at one time v. individual contractors.

I look for these services in the phone book under home repair. I don't look online as all the data seems to be consistenly outdated.

...Maybe it is time you franchise? That would get you over your hump!

Keep us posted! :)

china

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Sep 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Ha! I also look in the yellow pages and I think free estimates and turn around time are probably most important to me too. If it's a one day job, I also look for them to be able to do it on a day I'm available (if I'm working on other things).

Aside from yellow pages, word of mouth is the best advertising. I've frequently called people who've done a good job for other people I know.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.