The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mark Zucks Harvard speech

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

rsj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami
So I just finished watching this awesome speech from Mark

View: https://youtu.be/4VwElW7SbLA

And he goes over a lot of fastlane ideologies

.... and then I read the comments and got instantly triggered

Is there a reason why so many people hate zuck? Did I miss something

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Cuase he talks about sharing the wealth and an open society where everyone takes from everybody else. But he doesn't share his money. He only wants everybody else to share it.

He was against the wall at the border yet he lives in a gated community.

Basically a hipocrite.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
He's advocating for the taxpayers to finance "following your dreams" ie playing guitar and making artisanal owl clocks in your basement. I'll pass

fastbo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
May 26, 2017
Orlando, FL
1. He built a 6 foot wall around his Hawaiian property and tried to sue to terminate the rights of native Hawaiians from their shared ancestral lands. Gave up after backlash. In CA spent $30m buying all his neighbors properties to create a buffer zone around his house. The rules only apply to everyone else.

2. He's all about sharing the wealth and paying your fair share of taxes, but he transferred 99% of his wealth, tax free, to a "charitable LLC". In laymen's terms, it means he avoided paying tax on his $61B net worth, and will never pay a dime on it, ever. He has full control over his money and how it's spent, so explain to me how he gave it away.
Meanwhile, fastlaners are taxed around 50% when you add up all the taxes a self employed person pays. Means you have to make twice as much money to escape the system. The income tax is a barrier to wealth creation, but the Warren Buffets, George Soroses, Bill Gateses, Mark Zuckerbergs rarely pay a dime on their net worth, ever, all the while calling for the fastlaners to pay more of their fair share.

Cuase he talks about sharing the wealth and an open society where everyone takes from everybody else. But he doesn't share his money. He only wants everybody else to share it.

He was against the wall at the border yet he lives in a gated community.

Basically a hipocrite.

rsj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami
1. He built a 6 foot wall around his Hawaiian property and tried to sue to terminate the rights of native Hawaiians from their shared ancestral lands. Gave up after backlash. In CA spent $30m buying all his neighbors properties to create a buffer zone around his house. The rules only apply to everyone else.

2. He's all about sharing the wealth and paying your fair share of taxes, but he transferred 99% of his wealth, tax free, to a "charitable LLC". In laymen's terms, it means he avoided paying tax on his $61B net worth, and will never pay a dime on it, ever. He has full control over his money and how it's spent, so explain to me how he gave it away.
Meanwhile, fastlaners are taxed around 50% when you add up all the taxes a self employed person pays. Means you have to make twice as much money to escape the system. The income tax is a barrier to wealth creation, but the Warren Buffets, George Soroses, Bill Gateses, Mark Zuckerbergs rarely pay a dime on their net worth, ever, all the while calling for the fastlaners to pay more of their fair share.
Dam Thanks for sharing this perspective I didn't think about it like that, I thought he actually wanted to donate his money to solve world problems but I didn't know he could do what you stated and not pay any taxes on his money

rsj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami
He advocated for Universal Basic Income.

Not fastlane.

I was expecting the commenters to love his speech...

it's reassuring that they don't.
I thought he was mentioning this because as we move forward with AI, and robots replacing a lot of the low paying jobs that can be automated the future for what low level jobs there would be was foggy, I've seen this approach mentioned where they would give everyone a UBI, but it can also encourage many people to just be lazy and not do anything, I wonder how everything's going to play out

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
He advocated for Universal Basic Income.

Not to mention he's a privacy selling, censoring, open-borders, no-wall globalist shill who lives behind a wall.

Big Rep+, Featured.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
So I just finished watching this awesome speech from Mark

View: https://youtu.be/4VwElW7SbLA

And he goes over a lot of fastlane ideologies

.... and then I read the comments and got instantly triggered

Is there a reason why so many people hate zuck? Did I miss something

Loved this. Thanks for sharing.

Damn, The God (aka Zuck) comes across awesomely in this speech. This is winning at its finest, no doubt about it. Is it just me, or - as he illuminates the audiences - does there seem to be a light shining down upon him from the heavens?

I found every word deeply inspiring, and also reflective of the tenets that some of us on this site preach and practice. Listen to the words, and compare them with MJ's overall message. You don't just need a purpose; you need to have a need to give others a purpose. It all comes down to fulfilling needs. "Market" needs are people needs. Markets would not exist without people.

My life changed when I silenced my inner a**hole, told my demons to shut the f*ck up, and focused on genuinely helping people.

Everyone needs help. The President of a $20M revenue company needs help to run his operation more efficiently. The CFO of the $300M company needs cutting edge strategies and technologies that positively impact the bottom line. The masses of broke, hungry and ambitious millennials someone to give him a shot, someone to show him the way...

Looking back on the most successful times of my career thus far, they came to me during moments of extreme positivity. When I have a smile on my face, and a laugh in my heart, I win. When I have a Scarface scowl on my face, I lose.

I don't want to go out like Uncle Tony Montanna. I always turn off the movie before the scene when he gets shot up, filled up with bullets, and dies in a pool of his own blood. I don't want to go out like that.

Watching Mark's speech gives me that feeling that Mr. Anderson must have felt when I first swallowed the pill, and started to see reality for what it really is, when he saw the true logical extent to which a human can excel... it feels like...

It feels like whoa.

A college dropout giving a speech a Harvard, subtly condescending, stuntin' and flexin' like the swaggiest rapper, giving a heart-meltingly romantic shoutout to his wife in the middle of his speech... damn.

That's how you win. Bravo, Z. Bravo.

Who's next?

Millenial_Kid5K1

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Feb 14, 2017
Atlanta
I thought he was mentioning this because as we move forward with AI, and robots replacing a lot of the low paying jobs that can be automated the future for what low level jobs there would be was foggy, I've seen this approach mentioned where they would give everyone a UBI, but it can also encourage many people to just be lazy and not do anything, I wonder how everything's going to play out
I'd be fine with this if it wasn't financed by tax dollars. After all, the world needs ~90%+ slowlaners to operate.

It'd have to be at a pain point(below poverty level), and taper off slowly with income to incentivize working. I never see it working though, the sidewalkers would only vote for it if it meant taking money away from the more productive members of society.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Not to mention he's a privacy selling, censoring, open-borders, no-wall globalist shill who lives behind a wall.
All these things aside, I think a universal basic income can go either ways.

Yup, you need government funding for these 'communal' matters, and it's gonna be a drain on national income. Yup, most people are gonna blow the cash on wastage and end up poorer than they were before. Yup, it's gonna keep people in the SCRIPTED framework control of spending and mediocrity.

But it's because they chose it.
A universal basic income might be necessary for single parents and other disadvantaged people. Fair enough. They have it harder than us normal folks. But even the smallest amount of money can be used to start up businesses or even at the least set up self-employment, Fastlane aside. Think of it. The excuse that 'I don't have money to start a business' will be reduced to ashes.

People will be given more reason for accountability than ever. And accountability does make millionaires.

IMO, I think Zuckerberg was having his statements based on the ASSUMPTION that in the future, should a universal basic income be enforced, people will have an abundance of resources and channels to create new value. They won;t be that hesitant to go out and create. But well, humans are humans, we love to be lazy and comfortable :)

That said, it is not Zuckerberg's intention to have a majority population that are heavy spenders and sheep, simply because mankind has chosen that vulnerable role ever since the beginning of time. That problem is almost genetic, inherited from one generation to another. But well, it helps Zuckerberg because they will be spending more on products advertised on FB, inviting more FB ad buyers to come in and go fishing...:cool::devil:

1. At least he paid. Where I come from, they use bribery and politics to chase rightful owners out like criminals, at least in rural areas.

I don't like the suing, but there is a big difference between a wall around private property and a national border.
Forgive my dancing near politics and thread derail, but here's why.
A national border not only protects the country from foreign immigrants, but also from enemy invasions. That being said, most modern weapony and anti-fortress measures can breached any wall, so a national border should consists mostly of smart electronic measures and defensive barriers of military arsenals, similar to the Berlin Wall.

Mind you, the Berlin Wall was not merely consisting of walls. It had guard posts, guard dogs, barbwire, landmines, snipers and all the tricks in the bag. All for the worst case scenerio of imminent enemy attack. At best, the real constructs of the 'wall' serve only as a psychological deterrent to scare off intruders mentally.

Thus, a national border wall has to be constructed well to meet the difficulty of the worst case scenerio...an enemy attack. Nothing more, nothing less.

At best for a private property wall like Zuckerberg's, it's gonna have a simple guard post, cameras and gates. Not as intimidating as an armed border wall. Lower difficulty of worst case scenerio. Zuckerberg isn't the kind to face the risk of enemy attacks! Besides...why in the heck does he need people dropping in on him. He's a busy guy, running FB and all. He is one of the few billionaires to continue working besides Mark Cuban, Warren Buffett and Elon Musk. Bill Gates'pretty much a philantrophy guy now....not really front line.

I highly suspect that most of the people who want to meet Zuckerberg aren't gonna be the ones to offer value or help in any way like most of us would should we desire to network with millionaires or billionaires for that matter. So he needs to put up entry barriers. Those people are the fanboys or keyboard warriors we see bitching away about FB every day. Zuckerberg wouldn't want to meet people like that! He needs people who can work with him in the interests of building a better integrated social cyberspace.

And those kind of value-givers who can help him won't need to come up to him personally to bug him. They will respect him, book an appointment, work with his other advisors or partners, etc. Why piss the hell out of people whom you want to help?

On the tax free schemes employed by the global elite, I think that the more money you have, the more access you are granted to better financial instruments. The more people we serve, the more money we can get to reach that level. That being said, the rich never started that way. They also faced that kind of taxation early on in the beginning of their humble starting. We are witnessing another Fastlane WMD (wealth maintainence device) which can even rival the compounding interest mechanism you espoused in TMF . It's more a developmental stage of earning power and financial access.

So it's not a total conspiracy. It's just the rich choosing what's best for them. Good choices make millionaires and billionaires.

Best thing to do would be to serve more people to get there, improving the scale of business, I guess?:innocent: :halo:

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Last edited:

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
He believes the government should take money from successful people so it can give every lazy loser a basic income so they can continue to be parasites without a care in the world.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
He believes the government should take money from successful people so it can give every lazy loser a basic income so they can continue to be parasites without a care in the world.
Not every lazy loser is poor because of their own will. There's millions of people that live in poverty because of corrupt governments, cartels, militias, civil wars and violence, lack of resources, etc.

Things we take for granted in America, everyday....

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
Not every lazy loser is poor because of their own will. There's millions of people that live in poverty because of corrupt governments, cartels, militias, civil wars, and vioilence, lack of resources, etc.

Things we take for granted in America, everyday....

And how does that make my statement untrue?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.