The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mark Zuckerberg’s 6 Ingredients For Success

Anything related to matters of the mind

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
Hello Fastlaners,

i found this article about Mark Zuckerberg's success with Facebook: Mark Zuckerberg

There you have it: success = ambition + vision + execution + persistence + luck + timing; with the first four being things you can control and the last two being externalities that you cannot.

What do you think about it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Great article. I love all the comments in the comments section. What bitter people.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Anthony Lysenko · Subscribe · Top Commenter · CEO and Founder at CamCall.me
1. Silver spoon
2. Privilege
3. Steal right thing at the right time.
4. Professional Wall Street pimps.
5. Voyeuristic, disenfranchised society.
6. Media hype

Did I leave anything out?

This comment is my favorite. Jealous much?

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
I personally would rather learn from someone that has failed a few times then hit it big. Zuckerberg has theories as to what got him there, but until he duplicates the success, he really doesn't know and more rests on the "luck".

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
I don't know. I think that Zuckerberg is probably a lot smarter than people give him credit for. And even if he isn't, he was smart enough to hire the people that made Facebook what it is today. I don't think that he just fumbled around until he figured it out (which is what's depicted in The Social Network). I can't say that I'm a huge fan of Zuckerberg (due to all of Facebook's privacy intrusions), but I do think he is smarter than a lot of people think.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Hello Fastlaners,

i found this article about Mark Zuckerberg's success with Facebook: Mark Zuckerberg

What do you think about it?

Individuals who believe that they can 'control' the wiring of the brain that they were given by fate (and the unavoidable functions of said brain) are not interesting to me.

Mindblade16

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 11, 2012
Cyberspace
Yes, there is bitterness, because not everyone can follow a set of rules, and if so, perhaps they did not know the dynamic in which to employ them, which differs from person to person; scenario to scenario. Dynamic Flexibility in a environment that changes on the fly. That is the context in which these laws(guidelines) are used, in my opinion. Anyone can say "Persistence trumps Talent", but more often than not, they do not practice what they preach. The purpose of these lessons is to help you find your own style!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.