The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mark Cuban Talks to Aspiring "Inventors"

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
I heard this on the radio this morning and found it interesting. The thing I don't understand is the first girl seems like every other person with a "great" idea. The questions she wanted answers could have been found by reading a couple of books or by using google for that matter. It amazed me that she wanted to go all the way to Mark Cuban before attempting to make a prototype, research the market, or put in any work basically. She just wanted Mark to lay out the entire plan in front of her as if the idea is the most important part of a business. The second seemed much better prepared but still some of the questions could have been easily answered with some research.

I do give some credit though do to the fact they they are on the spot pitching their ideas to a well known billionaire. Am I being over critical in my analysis, or do you have similar impressions?

Mark Cuban on Kidd Kraddick in the Morning - YouTube!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alana

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 16, 2012
In the middle of a national forest (in N. CA)
I almost had to stop watching the video 4 minutes into it because I was getting so irked by the first gal. My hang up is: she had time to prepare and she had no presentation, no pitch, no ‘benefit statement’---nada. They had to pull it out of her.

If I had to the opportunity to ask Mark Cuban advise, you better believe that I would (and I’m sure I’d be nervous too). And just about anything I asked him business wise would be something that he’s probably been asked before; the answer would seem obvious to him.

But I would also do my homework before meeting him so that I didn’t ask generalize questions like ‘what’s my next step in making my dream come true?’ I would try to be specific so that I got something besides a vanilla answer that I could have found on Google. Oh, and I would also make eye contact.

I don’t think they were ‘on the spot’ pitching to Mark Cuban. Maybe they didn’t realize he would be there, but they did know that they were there regarding their ideas. Thus, they had a major heads up.
It’s okay to be nervous, but you can still be prepared and nervous so you don’t come off like a moron.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.