The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

REAL ESTATE Manufactured/Mobile Homes OR Studio Apartment?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Do you like to live in

• Manufactured/Mobile

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Studio Apartment

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Ismails

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 7, 2019
I have been thinking about it and since now I am in the discovery mood. My main issue/concern to downsize almost and I am already minimalist. Or little tiny apartment like studio apartment.
A better home option with non flood zone and God knows when Tornado-Hurricane/possibly natural disaster hit which is something out of control of our hands = Deal like this would be good
I don't like bells & whistles like other gen pop. At least I understand this.

Anybody been lived in Manufactured/Mobile and have experienced in it? Any Pros/Advantage & Cons/Disadvantage? - So that I can grasp it from people and have a basic understanding level of it? If yes, What things/costs/heads up/fair warning I have to keep in mind to get a Manufactured & Mobile Home or studio apartment?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2015
I have been thinking about it and since now I am in the discovery mood. My main issue/concern to downsize almost and I am already minimalist. Or little tiny apartment like studio apartment.
A better home option with non flood zone and God knows when Tornado-Hurricane/possibly natural disaster hit which is something out of control of our hands = Deal like this would be good
I don't like bells & whistles like other gen pop. At least I understand this.

Anybody been lived in Manufactured/Mobile and have experienced in it? Any Pros/Advantage & Cons/Disadvantage? - So that I can grasp it from people and have a basic understanding level of it?
If yes, What things/costs/heads up/fair warning I have to keep in mind to get a Manufactured & Mobile Home or studio apartment?
My first apartment was a studio. I really miss it sometimes.

It seems to me, you never really save that much with a studio vs a 1 bed though.

No experience with the trailer situation, tbh. Are you planning on buying land with no deed restrictions and popping a trailer on it, or just renting a trailer in a park?

OP
OP
Ismails

Ismails

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 7, 2019
My first apartment was a studio. I really miss it sometimes.

It seems to me, you never really save that much with a studio vs a 1 bed though.

No experience with the trailer situation, tbh. Are you planning on buying land with no deed restrictions and popping a trailer on it, or just renting a trailer in a park?

Thanks Man.
As I admit - I don't know anything mechanics as internally things about mobile homes.
A guy told me when it comes to mobile home ---- the toilet drainage system don't work well and 2 pans window are almost breakable during windy weather. It causes me red flag.
I think I am contemplating to buy a little land with mobile home or studio apartment. I don't mind paying lot fee around $300-400. This is for now vague plan in my mind.

Last edited:

James Klymus

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
It seems to me, you never really save that much with a studio vs a 1 bed though
I agree with this, studios and 1 beds both start around $900-1000/ month around me

I would get the apartment simply because I wouldn't want to live in a mobile home. I wouldn't care about the cost, I would earn more money so I could live in an apartment

Silverfox148

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 17, 2017
Anybody been lived in Manufactured/Mobile and have experienced in it? Any Pros/Advantage & Cons/Disadvantage? - So that I can grasp it from people and have a basic understanding level of it? If yes, What things/costs/heads up/fair warning I have to keep in mind to get a Manufactured & Mobile Home or studio apartment?
I once lived in an RV in the midwest for a year in an RV park with my wife and 1 year old. I did it at first to save money because I wanted to save up money as fast as possible but it became much more than that. I had a good paying corporate job but was curious what it would be like and wanted to experiment, everyone thought I was crazy. I was paying $300 a month all utilities(cable, water, electricity) included, I bought the RV which was a 5th wheel for $3000 dollars from a co-worker, it was a 32 footer with a popout(not very big), I didn't even have a truck to pull it with. I met my goal of saving up money but the experience is invaluable in what it taught me about myself and my wife. We still reap benefits from the experience today almost 8 years later, the peace of mind it still provides us to this day is incalculable, it is worth millions. We live in a nice big house with a pool now but we have zero fear about losing it and going back to RV living as it was nothing to what society would lead you to believe but you will have to try it to find out, I can't explain here you wouldn't get it unless you have done it.

The RVs are not meant for full time living, so things will break on them, I fix everything myself. I still remember fixing the boiler on my own in the dead of winter, with my wife and boy inside and the pressure/wind/cold outside , cold water on my hands and I smile, parts can be hard to find. Also if you have a wife/partner you will find out what kind of person they are quick with an RV, gold diggers and anyone not fully committed to you as a person rather than the financial/social/etc. will bail quick, you can't pay for that kind of test these days.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
The windows aren't going to break with high winds and the toilets drain just fine. This isn't 1939. We love apartments for the fact that we are not responsible for any upkeep such as the lawn or maintenance. But, I also don't mind a mobile home. They are completely livable nowadays. As far as someone not wanting to live in a mobile home, that's just silly. Never be ashamed of where you live. I actually know some wealthy people that live in mobile homes and they aren't even new ones. So if you are making your decision on quality of the mobile home, don't. The thing is, when you rent an apartment, that is money you will never get back. If you buy the mobile home and a little piece of land, you can rent it for 30+ years after you move out. This 1 mobile home could lead to 50 more and you would be the owner of a mobile home park.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
While this is a marketplace post marking the re-launch of my popular course “5-Steps to Create a...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
Received, and I replied ;) Hope you will take out more protegesss soon ;)
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock