The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Manufactured/Mobile Homes OR Studio Apartment?

Do you like to live in

• Manufactured/Mobile

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Studio Apartment

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
I have been thinking about it and since now I am in the discovery mood. My main issue/concern to downsize almost and I am already minimalist. Or little tiny apartment like studio apartment.
A better home option with non flood zone and God knows when Tornado-Hurricane/possibly natural disaster hit which is something out of control of our hands = Deal like this would be good
I don't like bells & whistles like other gen pop. At least I understand this.

Anybody been lived in Manufactured/Mobile and have experienced in it? Any Pros/Advantage & Cons/Disadvantage? - So that I can grasp it from people and have a basic understanding level of it? If yes, What things/costs/heads up/fair warning I have to keep in mind to get a Manufactured & Mobile Home or studio apartment?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
I have been thinking about it and since now I am in the discovery mood. My main issue/concern to downsize almost and I am already minimalist. Or little tiny apartment like studio apartment.
A better home option with non flood zone and God knows when Tornado-Hurricane/possibly natural disaster hit which is something out of control of our hands = Deal like this would be good
I don't like bells & whistles like other gen pop. At least I understand this.

Anybody been lived in Manufactured/Mobile and have experienced in it? Any Pros/Advantage & Cons/Disadvantage? - So that I can grasp it from people and have a basic understanding level of it?
If yes, What things/costs/heads up/fair warning I have to keep in mind to get a Manufactured & Mobile Home or studio apartment?
My first apartment was a studio. I really miss it sometimes.

It seems to me, you never really save that much with a studio vs a 1 bed though.

No experience with the trailer situation, tbh. Are you planning on buying land with no deed restrictions and popping a trailer on it, or just renting a trailer in a park?

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
My first apartment was a studio. I really miss it sometimes.

It seems to me, you never really save that much with a studio vs a 1 bed though.

No experience with the trailer situation, tbh. Are you planning on buying land with no deed restrictions and popping a trailer on it, or just renting a trailer in a park?

Thanks Man.
As I admit - I don't know anything mechanics as internally things about mobile homes.
A guy told me when it comes to mobile home ---- the toilet drainage system don't work well and 2 pans window are almost breakable during windy weather. It causes me red flag.
I think I am contemplating to buy a little land with mobile home or studio apartment. I don't mind paying lot fee around $300-400. This is for now vague plan in my mind.

Last edited:

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
It seems to me, you never really save that much with a studio vs a 1 bed though

I agree with this, studios and 1 beds both start around $900-1000/ month around me

I would get the apartment simply because I wouldn't want to live in a mobile home. I wouldn't care about the cost, I would earn more money so I could live in an apartment

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
Anybody been lived in Manufactured/Mobile and have experienced in it? Any Pros/Advantage & Cons/Disadvantage? - So that I can grasp it from people and have a basic understanding level of it? If yes, What things/costs/heads up/fair warning I have to keep in mind to get a Manufactured & Mobile Home or studio apartment?

I once lived in an RV in the midwest for a year in an RV park with my wife and 1 year old. I did it at first to save money because I wanted to save up money as fast as possible but it became much more than that. I had a good paying corporate job but was curious what it would be like and wanted to experiment, everyone thought I was crazy. I was paying $300 a month all utilities(cable, water, electricity) included, I bought the RV which was a 5th wheel for $3000 dollars from a co-worker, it was a 32 footer with a popout(not very big), I didn't even have a truck to pull it with. I met my goal of saving up money but the experience is invaluable in what it taught me about myself and my wife. We still reap benefits from the experience today almost 8 years later, the peace of mind it still provides us to this day is incalculable, it is worth millions. We live in a nice big house with a pool now but we have zero fear about losing it and going back to RV living as it was nothing to what society would lead you to believe but you will have to try it to find out, I can't explain here you wouldn't get it unless you have done it.

The RVs are not meant for full time living, so things will break on them, I fix everything myself. I still remember fixing the boiler on my own in the dead of winter, with my wife and boy inside and the pressure/wind/cold outside , cold water on my hands and I smile, parts can be hard to find. Also if you have a wife/partner you will find out what kind of person they are quick with an RV, gold diggers and anyone not fully committed to you as a person rather than the financial/social/etc. will bail quick, you can't pay for that kind of test these days.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
The windows aren't going to break with high winds and the toilets drain just fine. This isn't 1939. We love apartments for the fact that we are not responsible for any upkeep such as the lawn or maintenance. But, I also don't mind a mobile home. They are completely livable nowadays. As far as someone not wanting to live in a mobile home, that's just silly. Never be ashamed of where you live. I actually know some wealthy people that live in mobile homes and they aren't even new ones. So if you are making your decision on quality of the mobile home, don't. The thing is, when you rent an apartment, that is money you will never get back. If you buy the mobile home and a little piece of land, you can rent it for 30+ years after you move out. This 1 mobile home could lead to 50 more and you would be the owner of a mobile home park.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.