The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Lost! I need some Feedback on my Website/Business

skintinnate

New Contributor
May 4, 2019
So I've created a website to test out whether I could find a market for my product and test the waters (Spoiler alert: It's an organic toothpaste brand)
So this is the landing page I use for my website:

So far, I've done 1 IG influencer post, which got NO website visits LMAO.
To be fair, maybe my story wasn't that great? It was this, plus a swipe up moji: View: https://imgur.com/a/VOezqsj

So I decided to try running some google Ads. No success so far, but only started my campaign 1 day ago (25 clicks so far).
So yea, so far I haven't been getting any results whatsoever, and I was wondering if anyone can provide me some feedback since I'm somewhat new to this whole game. Any suggestions? Am I doing anything wrong? Should I just keep sticking with it for a bit and wait for results? Or is there just not a market for the product? Try different forms of marketing?

At this point I'm just not sure, any feedback would truly truly be appreciated!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Boychamp

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 13, 2019
So in terms of the ad you've got there... Not to sound harsh, but you haven't even began to convince me why I should use it. Why should I care it's plant based? What does aloe vera in toothpaste do? What nasty chemicals are in regular toothpaste that I don't want in my mouth and why? What's in it for ME and why should I care?
Same with your landing page. There's a lot about YOU and not a lot about ME. The natural ingredients part is decent but then the left, right text/images... it falls off. Really think to the pain/solution you're solving. How you're serving your customers and providing something good for them. The end benefit they will get by using your toothpaste over someone else's.

My biggest suggestion is to work on your marketing - your copywriting and positioning. Google/FB/IG ads will all work for your product you just have to sell it and position it better.

Jack Hammer

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 19, 2018
My first thought is "No fluoride. Here come the cavities." It feels risky. I need to know why this will work as well as the stuff with fluoride. As Boychamp said, I need to know why the other toothpaste, which seems to work fine, is bad and why your toothpaste is better.

One other thing- some parents are reluctant to use fluoride toothpaste with their young children out of fear that they'll swallow it. Perhaps you could market it to such parents, assuming it's safe to swallow small amounts of your product.

Devilery

Contributor
Feb 11, 2019
Adding to other who posted, you need a copywriter. A good copywriter will help you position your product as "above the rest" and describe it attractively.

You need to find and address the pain points your customers have to then present your product as the ultimate solution.

Why YOUR product? (I already have a toothpaste, works just fine, yours also costs way more - why so)?

Why do I need it, is it any good? (will it make my teeth more white? Is your “natural” as effective as my “non-natural”)?

Why NOW not “maybe later”? (am I risking my health with my current toothpaste)?

OP
OP
S

skintinnate

New Contributor
May 4, 2019
Got it thank you all so much for giving me a nice outside perspective!:)

Yea seem likes the general consensus right now is there's no real "Call to action" (I'm not really making clear the VALUE of what I'm selling and how it can benefit the consumer).

And that makes sense, I will definitely try to change the angle of my landing page provide a more compelling value and see what happens.

Kid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 1, 2016
Great that you attempted something.

Your first ad is a bit pushy, 3xLove seems like you want force users to love it. Since you are doing graphic ad you might try to create 10 or more versions. Then run them as facebook ads with even rotation.

This way you would get feedback (statistics) on what's clicked and what's not. I think that you should go to influencers with tested ads designs.

Remember that Facebook ads differ from Google Ads.
Facebook ads are "interruption ads" and google are "demand ads".
In google people already know what they search for, in fb they click on things that caught their attention.

Good luck!

OP
OP
S

skintinnate

New Contributor
May 4, 2019
Great that you attempted something.

Your first ad is a bit pushy, 3xLove seems like you want force users to love it. Since you are doing graphic ad you might try to create 10 or more versions. Then run them as facebook ads with even rotation.

This way you would get feedback (statistics) on what's clicked and what's not. I think that you should go to influencers with tested ads designs.

Remember that Facebook ads differ from Google Ads.
Facebook ads are "interruption ads" and google are "demand ads".
In google people already know what they search for, in fb they click on things that caught their attention.

Good luck!
Thank you, yea I'm in university right now so I just spend whatever free time I have trying to experiment with it, learn more, improve things etc.
With that difference you pointed out between Fb and Google Ads, do you think it would be okay to stick with Google Ads for now and see if I can get any results from that? Since it's "warmer" traffic

Reactions: Kid

Imgal

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 9, 2015
You've had great advice already on the copy and the FB/IG ads so I'm not going to even go there. I would suggest though taking a look at Microsoft Advertising as well as Google Adwords. It doesn't have the huge audience of Google, but the benefit of that is that it is a lot cheaper than Google. I'll often test out an angle I'm considering taking with a niche by throwing in a variety of different options - e.g. organic toothpaste for kids, organic toothpaste for the elderly etc.

Depending on what stage I'm at or my client is with production, I'll have a landing page that links through to an affiliate link for a product, such as Amazon. This lets me not only see if people are clicking through, but also if people actually go onto buy or not!

Reactions: Kid

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
Where do you manufacture? At home or are you using a third party lab?

It is FDA approved? It does have triclosan?

Is Saint a trademark?

The product has Aloe Vera...is it green? In California green Aloe Vera products are usually in violation of Prop 65 rules.

Many question but I can't help to ask in order for you to be able to grow it and be ready.

Good luck!

IlseVdG

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 28, 2019
Belgium
Your question got me hyped all night 'cause I so much want to solve this copywriting problem. I'm just learning the ropes myself and this really motivates me to speed up my learning! I'm going to use your site as a working example in my copywriting studies :). Let me know if you are interested in my ideas.

This is a great product to give to the world, by the way!! If you can get it to sell. I have this: URTEKRAM tandpasta aloe vera 75ml | Collect & Go. Similar colors, also aloe vera... and a bland taste. I used it two times, then put it nicely in the back of my bathroom drawer, as a spare. I still haven't really found my ideal toothpaste yet: one that doesn't overly foam (the classic ones) nor disappoint me in taste (the bio ones).

What about yours? Can you brag about the tASTE of the toothpASTE? Then I would definitely include that in my copy.

Just one more thing about this part of your copy :
"Thoughtfully-sourced Ingredients.
Uncomplicated Toothpaste, designed for a better Tooth Experience. "

To me, these are contradicting sentences. I wouldn't use the word 'uncomplicated'. This toothpaste is naturally refined. I would focus on that. This is how you'll justify the price. It's a pure, heavenly tasting toothpaste, leaving you whith perfect clean teeth, a fresh-to-fresh breath, healthy firm gums... and the reassurance that not the tiniest part of this power house toothpaste is polluting your body or the environment.

These are some of my humble suggestions, in addition to what's been said above. It's a great start of a website and it's a great product, but it deserves better copy.

Wish you lots of success!

Kid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 1, 2016
Thank you, yea I'm in university right now so I just spend whatever free time I have trying to experiment with it, learn more, improve things etc.
With that difference you pointed out between Fb and Google Ads, do you think it would be okay to stick with Google Ads for now and see if I can get any results from that? Since it's "warmer" traffic
Yes. You can go with Google if there are targeted searches for your product. I don't have account now so you'd have to check. Use keywords directly about your products like:
Organic toothpaste
Aloe Vera toothpaste
Plant based toothpaste
etc.

Also check Bing Ads as @Imgal wrote. They are cheaper in most instances so you could test ads and landing page for less then at Google Ads.

One more thing: if you go the Google or Bing route then be sure to check @Andy Black threads about writing adverts and landing pages. He has a lot of expertise.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

alexkuzmov

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Alot of awesome feedback in this thread.
Here is mine:

1. This cannot be your homepage. This image is disgusting:

2. Contact us is burried deep in the footer.
Your contact information should be front and center:

This is one of the most important things for ANY online shop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom