The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking to sell my popular Instagram account (200k followers soon), where to sell it other than Ebay

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Derekz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 26, 2014
Hi, i am looking to sell my popular Instagram account which now has over 190k followers and is growing at an average 1000 followers daily. Average likes per photo is 7k where those good ones can hit over 8k likes. It is a luxury niche Instagram page - Luxury homes. Potential business especially for those in the real estate industry. Does anyone of you you has any suggestions on where I can list it?

I am looking for a serious buyer only and that's why I'm not considering ebay.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Stu_Hefner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
You will struggle to find people to buy it outside the community of people that create buy/sell large pages. Let's be honest, if it had any value you could be selling leads to people that sell luxury houses. Not hating because I'm in the same boat. I have an 80k page.

I'd suggest making a blog linked to it, then perhaps selling it together in a package instagram + blog on flippa. Considered this for my page but not sure how well it will work.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Why sell it now? If someone offered you 5k would it be worth all the work?

My Advice: Keep growing it, take it to 500k followers there will be ways to monetize when the time is right. If you are making money from the followers then the account is way more valuable.

Derekz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 26, 2014
You will struggle to find people to buy it outside the community of people that create buy/sell large pages. Let's be honest, if it had any value you could be selling leads to people that sell luxury houses. Not hating because I'm in the same boat. I have an 80k page.

I'd suggest making a blog linked to it, then perhaps selling it together in a package instagram + blog on flippa. Considered this for my page but not sure how well it will work.

Yes currently I'm making some money by selling leads to other instagram pages that have the same niche as my page but not to Real estate agents or brokerage yet (very rare for them to contact me). I've spent time on contacting dozens of them but they can't seemed to be bothered. Good idea on listing it on flippa.

Derekz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 26, 2014
Why sell it now? If someone offered you 5k would it be worth all the work?

Lots of commitment to maintain the high quality of posts that we need to do daily. If someone were to offer me 5k, I will reject it as I totally agree with you that it is not worth it. I was offered at five digit figure recently and I'm still waiting for the person to get back to me.

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
Why don't you contact Niche Magazines such as Design Studios and see if they would like to purchase your account and/or use your account for marketing. License it to them... IDK just throwing ideas.

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
I may be interested. Name your price.

LOYD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Sep 10, 2013
Maybe you could continue to grow the follower count and then have people in your niche pay your to promote their services in the account. Essentially getting ad revenue from people paying you per post or something. Plenty of people with 1 million+ followers do it. Just an idea.

Derekz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 26, 2014
Why don't you contact Niche Magazines such as Design Studios and see if they would like to purchase your account and/or use your account for marketing. License it to them... IDK just throwing ideas.

Every idea has a value in it. Thank you for your contribution :)

Derekz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 26, 2014
why sell an asset?

There will be no one to replace me when I am away for 2 years serving the nation. Long term sustainability will not be achieved. Unless I hire social media management company to manage it but requires $$$$.

Derekz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 26, 2014
Maybe you could continue to grow the follower count and then have people in your niche pay your to promote their services in the account. Essentially getting ad revenue from people paying you per post or something. Plenty of people with 1 million+ followers do it. Just an idea.

Yes I'm doing that already for few accounts but their contract with me is not long term.

Derekz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 26, 2014
Ah why are you wanting to sell this account, it' an amazing account

looking for long-term sustainability for the page. Read my second last reply i made on this thread :) Thanks anyway

Derekz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 26, 2014
Wow...
I'm a total newbie here. Just joined the forum today and I'm already getting business insights: build a FB/Twitter/Instagram page to having lots of followers and then get ad revenue from it.
Thanks guys...

Welcome to thefastlaneforum trill2b :)

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
If you still haven't sold it let me know. I'd be interested.

Derekz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 26, 2014
If you still haven't sold it let me know. I'd be interested.
Sold. Thank you for your interest. I have a 5.1k instagram page which i am currently growing with the same niche as my previous page. Will sell it at the right time.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Out of curiosity, can you pm me what it sold for? I'm interested in the valuation of an asset like this. Thanks.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
The people that sit on Instagram and like pictures of luxurious cars/houses are typically the least likely to ever be in a position to purchase them. I'm sure there are exceptions, but the real go-getters are making it happen, while everyone else watches from the sidelines making up excuses.

I'm sure the page has value to some extent, but saying it would be of value for high end real estate is probably off base.

Just my 2 cents. Congrats on the sale.

Cesare

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 27, 2014
Sold. Thank you for your interest. I have a 5.1k instagram page which i am currently growing with the same niche as my previous page. Will sell it at the right time.

Do you have a certain strategy when growing an instagram page? The only strategy I know is following and liking other pictures.

Derekz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 26, 2014
I'm also curious how much you sold the page for. Can you let me know also if you don't mind.

I apologize that i'm unable to disclose the exact figure. What I can share with you guys out there is that it is a 5 digit figure. I am also offering Instagram account management services to those looking into growing a page on this social media platform. Don't hesitate to dm me.

Thanks & wishing you a happy new year!

J_Cardo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 30, 2014
Hey Derekz !! I was actually trying to sell a few of my accounts, as well as potentially partner with you on the management end. I was wondering if you could link me with some buyers :) Dm sent

J_Cardo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 30, 2014
Couldn't figure out how to send DM, so I posted on your Profile [HASHTAG]#Newbie[/HASHTAG] lol

Treasure

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 30, 2014
Wow that such a great account, congrats on the sale.Hoping to find another one for sale as I only have a 14k,3.1k.I have tons of ig names that could be used for niches.400+ of them hoping to get a big account so I could all my og ig @s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!