The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking to launch kickstarter, how have you built up your following?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

mssharlenes

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 11, 2020
Vancouver, Canada
Hey! I'm in the same boat as you, except I've been building up to it for three years (mindset problem).

Having people ready to support your Kickstarter from launch is pretty much the key to having a successful campaign. And it comes back to providing value (yes, there it is again) to the people you want to help.

Some ideas for you (high time investment): online summit, podcast, participating in forums, YouTube, blog. Give yourself a lot of time to build the relationships before you do your KS.

If you've got a lot of money and your product is on the pricier end of the scale, maybe try Facebook/Instagram ads.

I've tried social media, but it hasn't worked for me because... well, maybe because I suck at it. Also, if you have a product, I think it'd make more sense to get active there maybe two months before your launch. You want people to get excited.

Don't do what I did... I shared far, far too early. Not everyone is interested in your process.

That said, the people who are hard core into the types of product you offer would prob love to be involved in your process. And they'd likely be the first ones in line to support your KS (aka "superfans"). Start earning their trust early, though.

Good luck!

When you have a prototype ready, share like mad.

kpoa

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 9, 2020
Hi I am looking to launch my first kickstarter for my product.

Anyone have any experience in growing a following before they launched? The do's and don'ts? Would love to hear any personal experiences or advice out there.

Any tips for social media? email lists? family and friends?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

kpoa

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 9, 2020
Hey! I'm in the same boat as you, except I've been building up to it for three years (mindset problem).

Having people ready to support your Kickstarter from launch is pretty much the key to having a successful campaign. And it comes back to providing value (yes, there it is again) to the people you want to help.

Some ideas for you (high time investment): online summit, podcast, participating in forums, YouTube, blog. Give yourself a lot of time to build the relationships before you do your KS.

If you've got a lot of money and your product is on the pricier end of the scale, maybe try Facebook/Instagram ads.

I've tried social media, but it hasn't worked for me because... well, maybe because I suck at it. Also, if you have a product, I think it'd make more sense to get active there maybe two months before your launch. You want people to get excited.

Don't do what I did... I shared far, far too early. Not everyone is interested in your process.

That said, the people who are hard core into the types of product you offer would prob love to be involved in your process. And they'd likely be the first ones in line to support your KS (aka "superfans"). Start earning their trust early, though.

Good luck!

When you have a prototype ready, share like mad.
Thank you so much for your response! Yes we have a prototype ready and have started to share content on social media.
What is your social media? Do you mind if I follow? And you can check out mine, would love to swap opinions.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.