The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking forward to joining this community! Just wanted to introduce myself!

JCS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 1, 2017
United States
Hey there Fastlane!

I heard about you guys for the first time while reading through r/entrepreneur on reddit and honestly, the difference was like night and day. I couldn't sign up fast enough.. (no pun intended, I swear).

That being said, I just wanted to introduce myself! I've been studying entrepreneurship and marketing conceptually for the better part of two years and I finally feel like 2017 is the year to finally take action!

I'm 22, male, and from the US. I'm young and hungry for knowledge! I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you guys and discussing life in the fastlane!

My goals (if you're interested) are as follows, ranging from short term to long term:

1. Create a successful Youtube channel based around lifestyle, fashion, health and wellness, and work towards becoming a social influencer. I know some of you may scoff at this, but this is something I've wanted to do since I was a Freshman in Highschool (Honestly wish I had started sooner) and has a lot to do with my longer term goals.

2. Start a successful e-com apparel business.

Now I know what you're probably thinking.

"Kid wants to start a t-shirt business. Really, dude?"

Guys, I know. But I've always loved fashion and intend to incorporate my YouTube channel with my apparel company and have already taken steps on making this a reality sooner rather than later. It's something I've always wanted to do, so I figure trying can't hurt.

3. Achieve a status that merits public and keynote speaking. I've been told my whole life by people I barely know that I have a way with words and have loved the stage ever since I was 12. Inspiring people and watching that look in their eye as their mind clicks over into a new realm of thought based on what I've said has always been my greatest high.

4. I love to write, and would love to write books. I see myself structuring my first titles around the concept of "The New Renaissance". The renaissance was a time in history that saw humanity experience explosive cultural and scientific growth. This happened because people were blending the logic of science with the creativity of art to create something truly new and remarkable. I genuinely believe we are seeing this again in our lifetimes. What an exciting time to be alive!

These are my current goals. I'm sure they will change and grow as I do, but for now, working towards and completing these tasks is how I want to spend all of my time. I've been a consumer far more than a creator the majority of my life, and I'm ready to change that dramatically.

Guys, girls, thanks for reading, and thanks for being here so that such an awesome community can exist. I cant wait to see what my experience here is like.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
There is nothing with you're goals, as long as you have a path that you want to follow.

In my opinion, I would try and get a feel for what is needed in the marketplace in terms of YouTube.

For instance, I've only posted one video and I have garnered a modest viewings and quite a few subscribers simply because I knew that the video I posted was something that NEEDED to be posted. I knew cause I once was looking for videos of that manner and would have liked to see more.

So I suggest doing that to find a subniche that you can really dominate.

Also, I don't suggest having a channel so broad(at least when you start out) be the guy that is really good at one thing.

Anyways, my best suggestion is just record a video today. Why not? I one day just told myself to stop delaying and just post something... And it came out fine. I'm sure you can do the same.

Welcome to the forum bud

JCS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 1, 2017
United States
There is nothing with you're goals, as long as you have a path that you want to follow.

In my opinion, I would try and get a feel for what is needed in the marketplace in terms of YouTube.

For instance, I've only posted one video and I have garnered a modest viewings and quite a few subscribers simply because I knew that the video I posted was something that NEEDED to be posted. I knew cause I once was looking for videos of that manner and would have liked to see more.

So I suggest doing that to find a subniche that you can really dominate.

Also, I don't suggest having a channel so broad(at least when you start out) be the guy that is really good at one thing.

Anyways, my best suggestion is just record a video today. Why not? I one day just told myself to stop delaying and just post something... And it came out fine. I'm sure you can do the same.

Welcome to the forum bud

Mikkel, thank you for the response.

And that's exactly where my thought process is at in regards to the channel. I've seen a lot of really great channels that I'll use to model myself after (Think Charisma On Command, Christian Guzman, Casey Neistat, along those lines) However many of them haven't covered very specific topics that I (and I'm sure others) would love to see talked about that I plan on tackling.

And I'll be publicizing my channel towards the beggining of February I believe, the reasons are as follows:

I'm meeting with a potential investor on the 12th of this month and things look good as far as securing the investment goes. I'm currently developing a detailed outline in regards to how I plan on using the investment, what I expect from the first year, what his ROI is expected to be as well as his stake in profit, etc. This project is at the fore front of my mind until the meeting and I'll be spending the majority of my time pouring into research to make the presentation as good as it can possibly be.

Once the meeting is done and the investment (hopefully) secured, the rest of the month will go towards filming. I plan on posting 3 times a week and want to develop a back log of videos for two weeks in advance. I feel as though that will give me plenty of room and time to come up with and create new, quality content, as well as be a good back up just in case something happens and I cant film for a week or a few days.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Mikkel, thank you for the response.

And that's exactly where my thought process is at in regards to the channel. I've seen a lot of really great channels that I'll use to model myself after (Think Charisma On Command, Christian Guzman, Casey Neistat, along those lines) However many of them haven't covered very specific topics that I (and I'm sure others) would love to see talked about that I plan on tackling.

And I'll be publicizing my channel towards the beggining of February I believe, the reasons are as follows:

I'm meeting with a potential investor on the 12th of this month and things look good as far as securing the investment goes. I'm currently developing a detailed outline in regards to how I plan on using the investment, what I expect from the first year, what his ROI is expected to be as well as his stake in profit, etc. This project is at the fore front of my mind until the meeting and I'll be spending the majority of my time pouring into research to make the presentation as good as it can possibly be.

Once the meeting is done and the investment (hopefully) secured, the rest of the month will go towards filming. I plan on posting 3 times a week and want to develop a back log of videos for two weeks in advance. I feel as though that will give me plenty of room and time to come up with and create new, quality content, as well as be a good back up just in case something happens and I cant film for a week or a few days.

Why do you need an investment to start a YouTube channel? You have an iPhone or a small $20 webcam I assume.

Unless I'm missing something, I think you're over complicating things.

Having someone investing money in a project that hasn't even been started seems a bit strange to me.

JCS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 1, 2017
United States
Why do you need an investment to start a YouTube channel? You have an iPhone or a small $20 webcam I assume.

Unless I'm missing something, I think you're over complicating things.

Having someone investing money in a project that hasn't even been started seems a bit strange to me.

Oh haha no, the investment is in regards to the e-comm store. If you'd like to know more just message me! : )

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thank you for posting an introduction. Welcome to the forum. ;)

JCS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 1, 2017
United States
Thank you for posting an introduction. Welcome to the forum. ;)
Hey, no problem MJ thanks for the reply! Really looking forward to reading your book my man. Currently digesting Robert Greenes the art of seduction (go read it if you haven't yet, along with his other works: The 48 laws of power, 33 strategies of war, Mastery, and the 50th law) swear I'm not being paid to promote, I just think his works are invaluable to anybody pursuing entrepreneurship:D. Unless you've already read them.. which, frankly, I wouldn't be surprised!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...