The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for Writers -- Link to your website in exchange!

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Smooth- Just a thought on getting more traction for this and your site. Offer $100 G.C each month for the guest blogger with the greatest number of visitors to their post. This will encourage the guest bloggers to also help promote your site and therefore increase its worth.

Smooth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Mar 20, 2010

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Silly me. Here I just wrote you a response to your PM to me saying "thanks for asking permission instead of just doing this, and hoping for forgiveness".

But I see you've gone and done it. :smx4:

I don't see a problem w/this, Smooth-- but I will forward your PM on to MJ for his official approval.

-Russ H.

Smooth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Mar 20, 2010
Russ --

Sorry for the confusion. I sent PM's to you and MJ at the same time. He responded first with approval so I put it up.

Do I still have to beg for forgiveness????

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Russ --

Sorry for the confusion. I sent PM's to you and MJ at the same time. He responded first with approval so I put it up.

Do I still have to beg for forgiveness????

Apparently you also sent Runum a PM. Perhaps other mods as well? I don't know.

Here's the thing:

I try like crazy to help folks here.

Like all of you, I have my days pretty full. Today included:

-coordinating w/a container pickup truck (to remove a shipping container we're no longer using)
-dealing w/a $7000 credit card fraud
-working w/attys on some other issues
-checking in guests (4) to help out an innkeeper who was overloaded
-coordinating w/an electrician to install 70+ outlets/switches in 4 hours (he did get it done)
-getting those switches/outlets from Home Depot and to the electrician
-getting wire nuts later in the day to the electrician
-calling and scheduling a locksmith to deal w/a wonky lock on one of our cottages
-going to the sign shop, getting 4 signs modified, then coming back and installing the signs
-working w/same day reservations
-coordinating calling several charge card co's re the CC fraud mentioned earlier
-voiding the fraudulent charge so we wouldn't get dinged $210 in fees
-getting a wooden bed board for a guest w/a bad back
-handling a few more emergency calls from the inn
-taking our little one to day care, and picking her up (where I'm going right now, so I need to cut this short)

. . . just a small part of what I did today.

It may seem efficient to you to fire off a few emails, but some sincere advice: Do ONE first, to ONE mod, or tell us you've PM'd more than one person, so all of us aren't running around trying to help you do the same thing.

Because being efficient for you ain't necessarily efficient for us.

Bigger reason: Next time you need something, the mods might wait a day or so, thinking you've just PM'd a bunch of people.

Make sense?

I'm not mad-- all of the above is just "my side"-- a way to share that we all really try to help, but have lots of other things going on, and appreciate it when folks respect that. :)

-Russ H.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Smooth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Mar 20, 2010
I'm not mad

Really?

Didn't think it was that big of a deal. I wasn't shooting out mass PM's to mods to get the quickest response. I was simply unsure of which mod I should ask -- I have no idea if certain mods handle certain categories, etc.

Well, this thread is thoroughly destroyed...

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Have you considered buying some articles to fill your website? There are several places such as Constant Content, Helium, Freelancer, Elance, Pay Per Post and others who will supply you with cheap, original content. Once your website is established, then you can make offers like you did above. One thing I've considered with my websites is allowing the authors to place their affiliate link on my sites so long as they write 300 + words. They would post one link per article which still allows me to post 3 or 4 of my own. This gives them an incentive to come back and write more and more content.

By the way, how come I didn't get a PM? (joke) I have too much as it is.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Really?

Didn't think it was that big of a deal.

Well, this thread is thoroughly destroyed...

That was my one, and only point, Smooth: Instead of only looking at what's best for you (how you don't think it's that big a deal, how you think the thread is completely destroyed), just try to consider things from the perspective of the people you're asking help from.

That one, seemingly small, thing can make such a difference.

BTW, this one idea/requet isn't a 'big deal' in the whole grand scheme of things.

But how you treat others-- and respect them/their time--is.

'Nuff said.

-Russ H.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
That was my one, and only point, Smooth: Instead of only looking at what's best for you

Russ-

maybe reread what you wrote. It seems a bit hypocritical from an outside perspective.

Here is the message I got from your posting- my time, my agenda, my rules, I don't care if I hijack your thread and call you out in public, I need to slap you back in line with the Russ way.

Could Smooth have handled it differently? Sure, but so could have you. If you want courtesy, then start showing it. Send him pm. Slapping him down in public and hijacking his thread is in no way looking at it from his perspective, only yours.

Smooth- Back on topic, there are plenty of places I can put original content to get links to myself, so what makes your different? I am not trying to be critical, but trying to help you see it from a different view.

What would entice me to write for your site vs other more established sites which may pass on more google juice than what you are offering?

Smooth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Mar 20, 2010
there are plenty of places I can put original content to get links to myself, so what makes your different? I am not trying to be critical, but trying to help you see it from a different view.

What would entice me to write for your site vs other more established sites which may pass on more google juice than what you are offering?

I was so close to just deleting my membership here and just scrapping this forum out of frustration, but posts like this are the things I am looking for. Criticism makes business strategy and operation better.

The way I see it, it's exactly like submitting your article to a directory. People already agree this helps with Google rankings. On top of that, you will have readers actually engaged with what you are saying, so they will probably be more likely to click through.

True, the site doesn't have much 'google juice' as other sites, but everything helps with rankings. Eventually, I want to add my google analytic stats to the 'Become an Author' page to really show how much potential upside there is to posting.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
The way I see it, it's exactly like submitting your article to a directory. People already agree this helps with Google rankings. On top of that, you will have readers actually engaged with what you are saying, so they will probably be more likely to click through.

True, the site doesn't have much 'google juice' as other sites, but everything helps with rankings. Eventually, I want to add my google analytic stats to the 'Become an Author' page to really show how much potential upside there is to posting.

This could help. Show the traffic. Other than PR, traffic would be a good incentive IMHO. Show the traffic and build links and authority to gain PR and then you can offer both as an incentive.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.