The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for website / strategy feedback.

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 4, 2019
Hey guys,

I started a freelance mechanical design company, and I am looking for some feedback on my website and business strategy.

I focused my business on machine/equipment/tool design because I have a lot of experience here and wanted to show that I am an expert in this specific area (as opposed to just offering any type of design such as prototype development or general CAD work). My current strategy for finding clients is cold emailing businesses that are involved with research or manufacturing, and also reaching out to people looking for this type of work on Craigslist. About 30% of people click the link to my website within my email, so I believe my copy is good. I've sent about 5,000 emails over the past few months and received interest from 32 companies. Of those 32, I have 2 clients that I am doing work for and getting paid. Objectively I would say there are about 5 more that expressed serious interest and have a good chance of giving me business.

This is my first experience with freelancing, so I'm not quite sure what to expect regarding how quickly I should be picking up clients. Also, I've been considering other methods for finding clients (paid advertising, blog posts/SEO, youtube videos), however I'm not sure if any of these would pay off in the industrial segment I am working in. I know there are many other specifics I could include, but I don't want to post a wall of text, so any general input here would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I am wondering if there could be any major improvements to my website. I've only made one website before this, so I would love to hear some feedback.

Here is the link:
Fortica Mechanical Design

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.