The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for other "Car People" entrepreneurs

Alleex_a

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Oct 28, 2014
Hi everyone,

I'm creating this thread to unit all the "car people" entrepreneurs here (or petrolheads if you prefer).
I think it could be good to network together, share ideas, trends, events, etc...

I'm Alex, 28, french, founder of a car detailing product brand growing very good so far.

If you participate, please share:

- Where are you from?
- Are you owning/creating a business in car industry? If yes, which kind of business?
- If you are petrolhead but working in an other industry, you can introduce yourself also ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
I love all cool cars (my favourites are really old cars - pre '49). I'm just a buyer and enjoyer for now but would love to get into custom t-shirts for car guys.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Hi Alex, i'm french too ! I'm in the cars world too even if i'm trying to build my first business in the coffee industry..but i've been thinking about creating a detailling shop lately as i love using these products even if i think it's not the most profitable business because it's a one shot service,but it look so good on my cars after a deep clean, but i've never use a ceramic coat yet.

Also always dreamed about being around cars for my entire life even, becoming a racecars driver would be awesome ! (Indycar / GT3)

Alleex_a

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Oct 28, 2014
Hi Alex, i'm french too ! I'm in the cars world too even if i'm trying to build my first business in the coffee industry..but i've been thinking about creating a detailling shop lately as i love using these products even if i think it's not the most profitable business because it's a one shot service,but it look so good on my cars after a deep clean, but i've never use a ceramic coat yet.

Also always dreamed about being around cars for my entire life even, becoming a racecars driver would be awesome ! (Indycar / GT3)

Hi, thank you for your feedback. Detailing can be a profitable business and not one shot, it really depends on the kind of business/product and the way you run it.
Our main customers are authorized detailers and they buy us products each month, growing this way is profitable.
Our next step is to develop sales on Amazon USA and open our first detailing studio.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Hi, thank you for your feedback. Detailing can be a profitable business and not one shot, it really depends on the kind of business/product and the way you run it.
Our main customers are authorized detailers and they buy us products each month, growing this way is profitable.
Our next step is to develop sales on Amazon USA and open our first detailing studio.
Ok, from this perspective i agree, but in the perspective of the Detailing Shop itself, when a client treat his car with a complete detailing, he won't come back before 3-4 years, so that's why i tell 'one shot' service.

Last edited:

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
I'm still toying with the idea to start a premium tire service company. Nobody likes to go to the tire shop where you have to wait in a dirty waiting room and drink old coffee.

So, people order their tires on the website, pay online (webshop) and schedule a date. That's it for them. On that specific date some guy from the tire company comes to get the car from the chosen place, takes the car to the tire center, changes tires and brings it back.

All-in premium service. Rims standard cleaned and stuff like that. The client just needs to do the webshop thing. I'm kinda surprised this doesn't exist yet, but it's maybe because nobody gives a shit.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I'm still toying with the idea to start a premium tire service company. Nobody likes to go to the tire shop where you have to wait in a dirty waiting room and drink old coffee.

So, people order their tires on the website, pay online (webshop) and schedule a date. That's it for them. On that specific date some guy from the tire company comes to get the car from the chosen place, takes the car to the tire center, changes tires and brings it back.

All-in premium service. Rims standard cleaned and stuff like that. The client just needs to do the webshop thing. I'm kinda surprised this doesn't exist yet, but it's maybe because nobody gives a shit.
Find. Deliver. Install. Smarter. ℠
Almost there.

Alleex_a

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Oct 28, 2014

Yes that could be a good idea, but really need to be in an area with high end customers that can pay for this service and doesn't have time for these things.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France

azsno

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Sep 14, 2017
Durham, NC

Is the guy going to come get the car with a tow truck, or drive it back? When I was in MMI, I was the driver, picking up and dropping off Harleys. Depending on the location, I spent probably 2 hours round trip picking up and delivering the motorcycle because of pre-inspection, agreements, etc., not to mention working around the customers schedule. Not trying to say this won’t work, because if it existed, I’d do this in a heartbeat, just expressing the barriers that I encountered.

I did go to school with a guy who ended up buying an old bread truck that he converted into a mobile service truck, and would go to people’s homes, do a service and tire change, and then on to the next. If its only tires, and the customer is already preordering and scheduling this service, perhaps some sort of mobile truck might be more efficient?

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Is the guy going to come get the car with a tow truck, or drive it back? When I was in MMI, I was the driver, picking up and dropping off Harleys. Depending on the location, I spent probably 2 hours round trip picking up and delivering the motorcycle because of pre-inspection, agreements, etc., not to mention working around the customers schedule. Not trying to say this won’t work, because if it existed, I’d do this in a heartbeat, just expressing the barriers that I encountered.

I did go to school with a guy who ended up buying an old bread truck that he converted into a mobile service truck, and would go to people’s homes, do a service and tire change, and then on to the next. If its only tires, and the customer is already preordering and scheduling this service, perhaps some sort of mobile truck might be more efficient?

There already are some other non-tire companies who do that, for example just for service. But it can be a juridical nightmare, indeed.

The mobile service truck also exists here. The problem there is that the equipment is way more expensive (to fit everything into a truck on 12v) and you never know your work situations.

azsno

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Sep 14, 2017
Durham, NC
There already are some other non-tire companies who do that, for example just for service. But it can be a juridical nightmare, indeed.

The mobile service truck also exists here. The problem there is that the equipment is way more expensive (to fit everything into a truck on 12v) and you never know your work situations.

Good point...it can be done, just need to figure out the logistics!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
having a car wash can be huge $

i worked at a car wash and we were doing 100-200 cars a day which is around $2-$4k a day in gross revenue. we had the worst customer service but completely killed it every day.. company lost a lot of loyal customers because of mentally challenged management and was doing 300 to 400 prior back its in prime allegedly.

big fan of the f430, the car i need to fulfill my soul

f430-spider.jpg

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Just change them in the parking lot. No need to drive the car somewhere else for a tire change.
You have a point. Problem is, depending where you live, there are no parking lots everywhere. Especially in the cities here, where the only parking lots are underground and cost you €6/hour.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Actually, there are already vans that make the change of tires at home or at work...even in parking/underground parking.
Because It's convenient, you save people time and everybody says it, the more time you save, the more it answers a problem

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Hey guys,

I'm not active in this space with my businesses but if any of you have a need for connections in professional racing states-side, primarily road racing (IMSA, WC, Rally Cross, SCCA, etc) let me know. I worked in that industry for many many years and may have some connections if you need them.

I'm not going to follow this thread so just PM me if you need to.

Good luck!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Flybye

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 19, 2018
Cuba v2.1 (Miami)
Hi! Im trying to create a business in the auto industry. I will hopefully be opening a small used car dealership in about 1.5 months.

Im also a big petrolhead. I visited Germany just to drive on the autobahn, and Ive raced in SCCA Solo.

Kaizen502

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 5, 2018
Germany
I am from Germany and I am working in the industry of long-term rentals.

We rent out cars as a flexible alternative to leasing cars. Our customers are mostly businesses, but we have a few private customers who enjoy driving nice cars.

A few years back I was thinking about starting a business for international petrolheads who want to drive on the Autobahn and see some of Europe including lots of scenic roads.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I would love to do a meetup. I’m in New York. I’m not involved but I had an profitable idea I’ve always wanted to work on with the right car lover.

Kaizen502

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 5, 2018
Germany
I would love to do a meetup. I’m in New York. I’m not involved but I had an profitable idea I’ve always wanted to work on with the right car lover.

@ChrisV

I just saw your response and then I realized that I should have mentioned in my earlier post that I am not the owner of the long-term rental cars business. I am currently running things, which means mostly sales.

Sorry for the confusion there.

New York is a bit of a stretch from where I am located, but if you want to discuss your idea I am happy to help you out. Let me know if you need anything.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.