The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for opinions / thoughts on my franchise

CFLRider

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Oct 27, 2014
Albany, NY
I have a construction business that I do really well with. I recently rebranded the company to look more like a chain and I would like to franchise it. I have a great concept and I do way better than every other contractor in my area. I have more business than I can handle.
I want to franchise my company and the concept I have of how its run. Its super efficient and makes a good profit and pays me a good salary.
There are not a lot, or any home improvement franchises that do everything.
There are painting franchises, and storm repair ones as well. But not home improvement contractors. There are handyman type franchises, but I know my business makes way more than a handyman franchise.
My goal is to set up a booth at a huge trade show like the franchise expo at the Javits Center, and see what kind of feedback I get as far as people starting their own. My company name is BuildPros. I'm in Albany so I have Albany BuildPros. I'd like to eventually see BuildPros of Atlanta, BuildPros of Houston, etc etc....
Opinions?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

pgtownsyou

Forge Ahead
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Oct 29, 2013
Minnesota
I don't know a ton about franchising right now, but I am looking to eventually grow my business into a franchise model. If it is like you say it is, I think you have a good start. Branding, and a process that is easy to duplicate are key. Have lots of documentation and training set up for your franchisees and figure out contract terms. There are companies that will work with you to set this up. There was an INSIDERS call not too long ago about who woman who had franchised her business. Very good information there, and in many YouTube videos about franchising. Best of luck!

edward222

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Dec 8, 2014
Your first company should have a proven quality, so that franchisers will trust the brand they franchised.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OscarDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Nov 28, 2014
Northern Virginia
Are you prepared to launch a nation-wide advertising campaign? Do you have the capital to support it? You have half the solution already - the "system." One reason people buy franchises is they offer a system or road map that's already been proven. But the other ingredient is name recognition. Usually, the franchisor invests heavily in making the business a household word. Think Aamco Transmissions or Orkin Pest Control, or McDonalds.

Cheers,
O-2

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!