The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for a Starting Point

changmd

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 23, 2020
Paraguay
Hello to everyone here, just finished reading both the book, “The millionaire Fastlane ” and “Unscripted ”.
First of all, please forgive me if there are spelling mistakes. I want to give a little background of myself, my name is Mario, 36 years old, a separated wife, a 4 years daughter and an upcoming baby boy in 10 days.(well, accidents happened right?) I live in Paraguay. For those who don't know, Paraguay is in the middle of south America, between Brazil, Argentina and Bolivia, a small country of 7 million people.
My parents came from Taiwan, doing imports and sales from Taiwan later from China, although the Paraguay market is small, the main market here is Brazil, where people just cross the borders to purchase products and resell them in Brazil. Crossing the border here is easy, as it is very normal for me to have breakfast here in Paraguay, lunch in Brazil, and dinner in Argentina. I also studied in Brazil, where I just go to Brazil every night.
Anyway, the business changed a lot these years, Brazil changed a lot of its import policies, making Paraguay no longer the priority, the remaining business got monopolized by big companies with capital, small businesses are fading. I worked in an agrochemicals importer, importing from China and reselling here, where the Boss decided to close the company in January.
Since young, I always wanted to be an entrepreneur, I had a couple stores, a boutique and a souvenir shop, but it depended a lot on the Brazilian tourist, which made the business very unstable.
I can speak fluent Spanish, Chinese Mandarin, Portugues, English and some Japanese and I understand a lot about importation. Though my language skill it’s not hard for me to find another job, I am sure I will be far away from the fastlane, consumed little by little with the scripted life.

IGOLD! - $126,727 in PROFIT So Far This Month | eCommerce

I got really motivated by this one, exactly the business I would like to have, as I’ve said, Paraguay is a small country, the inner market is not easy to grow, and the average income here is less than 500 usd. The internet would be the best chance to get fast.
I know that @FMJJ did not get there easily, as it requires knowledge and experiences. My question is, how do I get there fast, acquiring the knowledge the vision needed? Are there any small steps I can start with? I graduated from MIS (management of Information system) in Taiwan, though I never did coding, learning new skills won’t be a problem.
Thinking big is important, but when there is nothing big in my mind, I still need to make the first step. Is there any ecommerce I could start to build, to get to know how it works, and starting to explore the people's needs? I am sure that I won’t find anything until I start to work on something.
Any suggestion would be welcome.
In contribution, if there is someone who needs my language skill, I would be loving to help just to make friends and connections.
Thank you for taking the time reading the post

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend, glad you enjoyed the books!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...