The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for a manager for your company??

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
Found this browsing one of the other forums, at least he is honest.

2505738d.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AlwaysCurious

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jan 16, 2008
GMT +1
Maybe a hoax? Why would someone owning a pot smuggling business with 100+ Mio$ revenues look for an employment? Sound like leaving fastlane (illegal but still fast) for a J.O.B.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
he most likely needs a job for probation.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I like "The consequences of choice" -- sounds like he's come full circle!

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
It's not a hoax, it's a true story, pretty famous up here in Canada. It is probably 10 years old now, but he got caught after he had gone clean and turned his life around...turned in by a disgruntled employee.

Captured, after he left the business
But, one former disgruntled employee turned informer. It took the Drug Enforcement Agency six years to put together a case against O'Dea and his associates. By this time, O'Dea had changed his life after a near-death cocaine overdose and he was now counselling for drug addiction. O'Dea remembers that day in 1990 when the DEA came knocking on his door. "I was working as a counsellor in an alcohol drug and rehab center. So far away from that business. I was lying in bed there was a knock on my door. I said this is the wreckage of my past knocking on this door. There were some guys with some badges and they said ‘Are you Brian O'Dea?' and I said ‘I wish I wasn't, but I am.'"

He ended up landing a job as a television producer and has since written a book about his life:

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/crimepays/odea.html

The book is called: "High: Confessions of a Pot Smuggler"
http://www.randomhouse.ca/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780679312789

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Reminds me of the movie "American Gangster" I watched a few nights ago. Instead of pot, he was smuggling Heroine, but when the feds finally busted his operation, they confiscated $250 million from him.

The guy I really identified with though was Johnny Depp's character from the movie "Blow"... Talk about a business minded guy... He would have been a millionaire in just about anything he put his mind to -- it was unfortunate he chose the Cocaine business, and kept having such bad luck with who he trusted!

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!