The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Look at all the Slowlane haters....LOL

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
Was reading this article on Yahoo about this 9 year old girl from Galveston, TX who had an idea for a line of flip flops. Obviously being nine years old, there's not a whole lot she can do. Her dad decided to help her. Long story short, the flip flops came to life and now being sold in Nordstrom and has decent sales. Good for her!

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advi...neur-got-her-product-nordstrom-233738356.html

But read the comments on the bottom. It's 100% slowlane haters. All of them saying things like "Must be nice to have a rich daddy!", "She did not do anything, her rich daddy did", "Must be nice to be rich and have dad's connections". Every single comment is a 100% jealous slowlane haters. All of them have excuses. And they wonder why they have dead end jobs that are going nowhere.

I know a little bit about the fashion business. I'm not saying getting into Nordstom is easy, but getting a chance to talk to the buyers is not hard.

1) Come up with idea/designs for fashion line, shoes, jeans, flip flops, etc.

2) Produce samples of your line (will go through phases just like any other prototype product. The final product is called your production sample. this is the exact thing that will be made when you get orders.

3) Take your production samples to trade shows. The biggest one is in Vegas and it's called MAGIC. They have one that runs along side the MAGIC show called SLATE. That's the urban/streetwear show. There's other smaller shows in NYC and LA and small side shows along side the bigger ones that can help newbies get their feet wet. But MAGIC is the Superbowl of retail buying.

4) On your table at the trade show you will have what's called a "line sheet". It can be just a sheet, a catalog, etc. It's what you show to potential buyers. It has the basic information about your line. Product info, pictures, wholesale prices, etc. It's all the information they need to take with them (lots of buyers make decisions AFTER the show, not at it).

5) Mingle with buyers who come by your booth and try to get orders.

6) If you get orders, you contact your MFG and crank things out. You don't normally have a warehouse full of clothes ready to ship. They are made to order.

In a nutshell, that's the basics of it and that's what this girl and her dad it. They did nothing that anyone else can't do. It's funny seeing all the lazy haters...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
But read the comments on the bottom.

Pretty much any "success story" at Yahoo is littered with Slowlane hater comments. Doesn't matter if it's a little girl or an adult who was once homeless. These idiots can rationalize any success story with any excuse. Psychology 101 -- "my failures are not my fault... I'm not successful because of [ENTER ANY EXCUSE HERE]."

Thread moved to Slowlane forum.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Thats sad that they make negative assumptions like that, far better to make positive assumptions and share in her success. I guess they just feel confronted by the style in which the article is written and don't understand how it happened.
I personally think it is inspiring to see such young girls do something like that, makes you think "well if they can, I can too!". Good on them, as for the haters it just goes to show that a lot of people don't filter themselves, and thats a shame, because if they spend a few minutes longer, they might learn some stuff. If nothing else, the article can make you smile a little about biz, and in my book, thats a very worthwhile thing.

Digital hi five for those girls, nailing it!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.