The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Human Longevity Breakthroughs, Resources, and Websites

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
U

I apologise for my ignorance of my knowledge that this thread was for resources only, I assumed that discussion was welcome. While none of my personal beliefs were stated I am unsure as to why you would be negative towards a perspective that is closely related to the subject of the thread.

Here is a quote from my original post.
This thread isn't for personal beliefs. It isn't for politics. The only purpose is to share resources and websites relating to breakthrough longevity research & technology, and to bring you up to speed on what's been going on.

And though you didn't directly state your beliefs, they are suggested in the quote.

The quote suggests that progress does not occur, which is counterproductive to a thread about progress.

This leads me to 3 possible conclusions:

1. You post quotes randomly without checking for their relevancy to a thread.
2. You believe that progress does not occur, and therefore do not agree with something in this thread.
3. Or you are trolling.

If my response to your post seems negative, this is why.

Also, a quote is something to be discussed. It is not discussion.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kallin Trotman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Dec 30, 2015
Melbourne
Here is a quote from my original post.

And though you didn't directly state your beliefs, they are suggested in the quote.

The quote suggests that progress does not occur, which is counterproductive to a thread about progress.

This leads me to 3 possible conclusions:

1. You post quotes randomly without checking for their relevancy to a thread.
2. You believe that progress does not occur, and therefore do not agree with something in this thread.
3. Or you are trolling.

If my response to your post seems negative, this is why.

Also, a quote is something to be discussed. It is not discussion.

I do not randomly post but, conclusion number 1 is correct. I did not properly read your original post, being the reason for my apology in my previous post.
Anyway, interesting topic, I do not wish to make further posts to shadow this thread

D

Deleted37035

Definitely something to strive for. However, I am of the belief that with this we should also have parallel research towards space travel, terraforming
and colonization. It sounds silly, and Sci-fi, but someone has to think of it and we have to start somewhere.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Definitely something to strive for. However, I am of the belief that with this we should also have parallel research towards space travel, terraforming
and colonization. It sounds silly, and Sci-fi, but someone has to think of it and we have to start somewhere.

@TheShrike It doesn't sound silly at all. But beliefs and "shoulds" won't bring those things to life.

Though a hard-charging entrepreneur with a Fastlane mindset might.

I know there are people here smart enough to create products that can change the world.

Those people tend to get rich too. I wonder who it will be. You're correct that we have to start somewhere.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Here's a great article about Cryonics my wife shared on Facebook this morning.

Why Cryonics Makes Sense

Screen Shot 2016-03-26 at 4.54.52 AM.png

You’re on an airplane when you hear a loud sound and things start violently shaking. A minute later, the captain comes on the speaker and says:

There’s been an explosion in the engine, and the plane is going to crash in 15 minutes. There’s no chance of survival. There is a potential way out—the plane happens to be transferring a shipment of parachutes, and anyone who would like to use one to escape the plane may do so. But I must warn you—the parachutes are experimental and completely untested, with no guarantee to work. We also have no idea what the terrain will be like down below. Please line up in the aisle if you’d like a parachute, and the flight attendants will give you one, show you how to use it and usher you to the emergency exit where you can jump. Those who choose not to take that option, please remain in your seat—this will be over soon, and you will feel no pain.

What would you do?

Some of you may notice the relevance of the image in business too.​

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
OP this is seriously one of the most interesting threads I have ever read in my life lol

do you know any resources on preserving peak athletic performance by any chance?

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
OP this is seriously one of the most interesting threads I have ever read in my life lol

do you know any resources on preserving peak athletic performance by any chance?

Glad you enjoy it. :)

Regarding your question, you'd have to get more specific than that. Peak athletic performance varies based on a ton of factors such as age, diet, mental state etc. Peak performance in terms of longevity is also quite different from peak performance for those who aren't into living longer.

Personally I follow the Bulletproof System by Dave Asprey

It's also compatible with the Body by Science workout system

Keep in mind I'm not out trying to win any olympic medals. Just trying to maintain peak performance in regards to my own pursuits. My body is not your body, so it's important to test for yourself to find out what works best for you.

That said, I do know quite a few people in the LE community who follows one or both of these systems with excellent results.

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
Glad you enjoy it. :)

Regarding your question, you'd have to get more specific than that. Peak athletic performance varies based on a ton of factors such as age, diet, mental state etc. Peak performance in terms of longevity is also quite different from peak performance for those who aren't into living longer.

Personally I follow the Bulletproof System by Dave Asprey

It's also compatible with the Body by Science workout system

Keep in mind I'm not out trying to win any olympic medals. Just trying to maintain peak performance in regards to my own pursuits. My body is not your body, so it's important to test for yourself to find out what works best for you.

That said, I do know quite a few people in the LE community who follows one or both of these systems with excellent results.

I see. i will check out both as I am not too familiar.

In regards to peak performance, I believe, from previous research I have done, that athletic performance goes down due to the wear and tear of tissues in the body over time. That being primary factor I suppose.

EDIT:

@SinisterLex

I just checked out the bulletproof diet and I like the concept.

However, it seems as though some of points he makes seems to "blow up" certain misunderstandings or uncertainties.

I don't want to make assumptions, and at the same time I could be completely wrong, but could this be a brand thing?

For example, they speak out against the dangers of soy for raising estrogens and beans cause it causes bloating and gas.

I've done some research before, and I found that the soy thing seems to be overblown. What do you think?

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I see. i will check out both as I am not too familiar.

In regards to peak performance, I believe, from previous research I have done, that athletic performance goes down due to the wear and tear of tissues in the body over time. That being primary factor I suppose.

EDIT:

@SinisterLex

I just checked out the bulletproof diet and I like the concept.

However, it seems as though some of points he makes seems to "blow up" certain misunderstandings or uncertainties.

I don't want to make assumptions, and at the same time I could be completely wrong, but could this be a brand thing?

For example, they speak out against the dangers of soy for raising estrogens and beans cause it causes bloating and gas.

I've done some research before, and I found that the soy thing seems to be overblown. What do you think?

I think it's always best to do an amount of research that you feel comfortable with.

Then test and pay attention to how your body responds and decide for yourself if it's something you want to keep doing or not.

That's what I do.

Any brand is going to blow certain things up. That doesn't mean their products don't work. ;)

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
I think it's always best to do an amount of research that you feel comfortable with.

Then test and pay attention to how your body responds and decide for yourself if it's something you want to keep doing or not.

That's what I do.

Any brand is going to blow certain things up. That doesn't mean their products don't work. ;)

agree man.
New stem cell treatment using fat cells could repair any tissue in the body.

"In a world first, Australian scientists have figured out how to reprogram adult bone or fat cells to form stem cells that could potentially regenerate any damaged tissue in the body."

welp, i think this gives me a pretty good idea for my question earlier in terms of sustaining peak athleticism.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
First Gene Therapy Successful Against Human Aging

It's a good time to start thinking about anti-aging markets.

Gaining momentum almost daily it seems.

I'm not familiar with the team of this company, but I've met several of those on the advisory board and they're legit.

Lots of good things happening this year.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
One of my favourite threads that I haven't checked into for a while.

Need to read the "wait but why" articles (he's done 4 relating this subject, including the cryonics one).

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Russian Billionaire Reveals Real-Life Avatar Plan

This is a couple years old, but still a cool article. There's a video with a breakdown of the timeline on the page.

article-0-19B7B87B000005DC-173_634x381.jpg

article-0-19B7B3B5000005DC-136_634x544.jpg

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Better work harder on your Fastlane biz! :D

Technology tends to get cheaper the more mainstream it becomes.

It's only expensive now.

Oh yes!

I'm putting together a couple transhumanism/longevity sites as we speak actually. Will post them here when they are ready.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Jeff Goldblum Wants You to Consider Growing Younger Instead of Older

This article is less about life-extension and more about the ever growing popularity of longevity and reverse aging in the media. They could have easily titled it in a way that makes you think it's about Goldblum's lifestyle and how he lives happily, but instead they made it about the more profound issue of aging. "Consider Growing Younger" - Brilliant. Longevity and reverse-aging are becoming hot topics more and more each day.

Ingestible Origami Robot Removes Foreign Objects & Treats Wounds Without Surgery

This tiny robot is swallowed like a pill and then unfolds itself. It uses magnets from outside the body to control it within to perform removal of debris and foreign objects and also to help heal wounds. The video states the next step is making it so the tiny robot can be controlled without magnets at all.

Thought-Reading Headset Let's Users Speak Their Mind

This headset combines wireless EEG technology of Emotive and a communication app to allow those with trouble speaking to communicate their thoughts. "The "think to speak" technology works by reading the brainwaves of the user and expressing them as phrases spoken through the app."

smartstones-eeg-2.jpg

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Video Game Company KONAMI Teams with Tech Companies to Give METAL GEAR SOLID Arm!

I wonder who will be the first entrepreneur to bring body hacking mainstream.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Just found out that Peter Thiel is a transhumanist.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Just found out that Peter Thiel is a transhumanist.

Yeah, he's given quite a bit to some of the life-extension companies and I think he works closely with SENS if memory serves.

He backs other life-extension / anti-aging / disease defeating startups.

(One more reason I think people on this forum can benefit from building future-tech startups.)

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015
So many people have suggested that my plan to 1. Get Rich and 2. Attain immortality is completely insane. I'm glad there are so many others who share my aspirations.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Jeff Goldblum Wants You to Consider Growing Younger Instead of Older

This article is less about life-extension and more about the ever growing popularity of longevity and reverse aging in the media. They could have easily titled it in a way that makes you think it's about Goldblum's lifestyle and how he lives happily, but instead they made it about the more profound issue of aging. "Consider Growing Younger" - Brilliant. Longevity and reverse-aging are becoming hot topics more and more each day.

Ingestible Origami Robot Removes Foreign Objects & Treats Wounds Without Surgery

This tiny robot is swallowed like a pill and then unfolds itself. It uses magnets from outside the body to control it within to perform removal of debris and foreign objects and also to help heal wounds. The video states the next step is making it so the tiny robot can be controlled without magnets at all.

Most Advanced Prosthetic Arm Let's Man Lift 45lb Dumbells All Day Long

This article has a video showing the latest in prosthetic technology. John Hopkins Medicine has developed a sophisticated prosthetic arm controlled by the mind that literally makes amputees stronger, better, faster stronger...than you.

View attachment 12358

Thought-Reading Headset Let's Users Speak Their Mind

This headset combines wireless EEG technology of Emotive and a communication app to allow those with trouble speaking to communicate their thoughts. "The "think to speak" technology works by reading the brainwaves of the user and expressing them as phrases spoken through the app."

smartstones-eeg-2.jpg

All the links here, link to the same article Lex. Any chance of fixing them? Want to read the Jeff Goldblum article for sure.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics