The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Long time lurker, wantrepreneur back after 10 years.

Share your FTE moment...

FreshStart87

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jun 28, 2013
New Jersey
Hello everyone,
I used to frequent the forum a lot 10-7 years ago. Since then Ive taken many action fakes and even completely quit coming to the forum. I continued working my slow lane job and started a family. Its really hard for me to comeback and admit all of this, I even considered starting a new account although that would be cowardly. Back in 2016 I started working on an amazon private label product in the pet industry. My venture got cut short due to an addiction. since then I am clean and ready to start over. My goals are to pay down debt, I am very interested in web development, at some point I'll start a progress thread for that. I also want to contribute to this forum and learn as a beginner.
Thank you for reading look forward to hearing from you guys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nick T

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Aug 26, 2020
Hello everyone,
I used to frequent the forum a lot 10-7 years ago. Since then Ive taken many action fakes and even completely quit coming to the forum. I continued working my slow lane job and started a family. Its really hard for me to comeback and admit all of this, I even considered starting a new account although that would be cowardly. Back in 2016 I started working on an amazon private label product in the pet industry. My venture got cut short due to an addiction. since then I am clean and ready to start over. My goals are to pay down debt, I am very interested in web development, at some point I'll start a progress thread for that. I also want to contribute to this forum and learn as a beginner.
Thank you for reading look forward to hearing from you guys.

Legit man... thanks for sharing.

You not changing your name is probably testament to you beginning to grow. You are also noticing that "ideas don't move mountains ... bulldozers do" - Peter Drucker.

I made a lot of progress once I was able to identify my weaknesses and strengths. The best way I found to do that was figuring out my personality... Take a Meyers Briggs test... keep your weaknesses in check and focus on your strengths.

FreshStart87

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jun 28, 2013
New Jersey
Legit man... thanks for sharing.

You not changing your name is probably testament to you beginning to grow. You are also noticing that "ideas don't move mountains ... bulldozers do" - Peter Drucker.

I made a lot of progress once I was able to identify my weaknesses and strengths. The best way I found to do that was figuring out my personality... Take a Meyers Briggs test... keep your weaknesses in check and focus on your strengths.
Thank you Nick T for being my first response. I will have to look into the Meyers Briggs test awesome suggestion.

Nick T

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Aug 26, 2020

Nick T

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Aug 26, 2020
Took the Truity Test ENTJ.

That's awesome. Good for you man...

Does it feel right when you read about it? Does it feel like it aligns? The one thing I see people do is fill it out culturally or how they want to be vs how they really feel. You have to be careful with that.

The reason I bring it up is the action faking... ENTJs are generally no bullshit people who get things done, and thrive on some structure... However, it might just be you needed enough pain to wake up from some social heredity.

Now its homework time if you want to keep on growing from here... give this a listen.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waN94gYwbjQ

Understanding yourself and understanding how to profile others will bring you a long way. It's been a huge game changer for me.

As you begin to strategize your future again... do not underestimate working with people... DO NOT BE GREEDY... DO NOT GET ENVIOUS... VALUE YOUR NETWORK make things a win win win(win for you, win for them, and win for your customer)... To do that you have to know what other people think is a win.

--------------

Listen to the podcast and use the framework below to profile people, so you can see through their eyes...

Episode 020: Know Thyself, Know Thy Business

1. Are you an Extrovert (E) or Introvert (I)?

This question examines where you get your energy. If it’s from internal sources, such as thoughts, ideas and imagination, those are introvert qualities. Extroverts tend to get their energy from being around people.

Extroverts outnumber introverts about three to one, and it’s common for introverts to live their life feeling pressured to feel they need more friends and have to go out more often in groups.

Introverts often think first and speak second, enjoy peace and quiet and are great listeners. They love small gatherings and they believe that “talk is cheap.”

Extroverts talk first and think later, often have more friends and value that as something that’s important to them. They are not as affected by external stimuli and find listening more difficult than talking. Often, they require more affirmation from others.

2. Are you a Sensor (S) or Intuitive (N)?
This question revolves around how we see the world and take in information, which can be challenging to describe but can have the biggest impact on who we are and how we communicate.

About 60 to 70% of the population are sensors. Sensors prefer specific answers to specific questions, and are very detail oriented. They prefer jobs and tasks that yield a tangible result.

Sensors want to master things, and identify with being “the best” at something. These types of people would rather work with facts and figures than ideas and theories. They are very literally and tend to be more athletic than Intuitives.

Intuitives can be seen as being absent-minded and can get frustrated with details. They are future-oriented, looking at the “big picture.” They are able to draw a connection between people, things or ideas, and often are the type that will question authority.

3. Are you a Thinker (T) or Feeler (F)?
This question looks at how we make decisions, whether in a logical way or from the heart.

Thinkers are calm and collected, looking for what is fair and truthful rather than what will make people happy. To be a good manager of people, you most likely need to be a Thinker to make the tough decisions that are necessary. They are mathematical, scientific and left-brained in general.

Feelers take other peoples’ feelings in to account, and are more empathetic.

4. Are you a Perceiver (P) or a Judger (J)?
This question looks at how you structure your day and life.

Perceivers are creative and spontaneous, as well as good at starting projects. However, they can be easily distracted and are not big planners. They can be slightly disheveled in their appearance (males with longer hair and females wearing clothes that flow).

Perceivers experience time in abundance, which is why they’re always late.

Judgers are very linear with their time, and structured in that they are probably the type that has to have “to-do” lists. As well, they are tasks finishers, taking a project from start to finish.

---------------

After you listen here is a cheat sheet for managing and working with them.

On your journey its soooo much better when you can mobilize people to follow you... you have to know what influences them to influence them. I built my whole team this way... and everyone one of them makes huge sacrifices for the cause because they are the right people.... you only get that once you know what to look for.

Use this to help you manage people once you know who they are.

This information will be valuable for managing your team, understanding your target market deeply, your sales strategy, and your life with your family.

Proud of you for taking action. Keep it up!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...