The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Long delayed introduction...

S. S. Georgiev

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jul 19, 2015
Hello everyone!

My name is Simeon Im 21 and I live in Bulgaria a small country in Southeastern Europe.

As the title says I joined the forum when I first read the book in 2015 but due to college and me not being serious enough I have delayed this introduction for a long time. Im kinda ashamed of myself to be honest for not doing this sooner and for having sh*t discipline but I'll change that. This time I'll be an active member and plan to use this thread as a progress thread (if possible) to prove to myself and others that Im serious.

Currently im in my last year of college pursuing a Bachelor's in Business and Management. For me college is just a way to get a higher starting salary. After I graduate Im moving to the capital which will help me meet more like minded people which I think is another flaw of mine - not being surrounded with the right people. Most of my friends are sidewalkers - they live for the weekends and waste their time playing video games and smoking weed. When I talk with them about a potential business idea they laugh at me and say "There's no point in trying, you won't be able to do it".

I suppose it's my fault too that I am discouraged so easily but not having their support doesn't help.
That's why I decided to start visiting the forum again so I can talk with like minded people which will help me instead of putting me down.

Last time I visited the forum I was reading all of the Gold threads which I will continue doing and also start researching some ideas I brainstormed yesterday. That's not much but Im glad I made the decision to come back to the forum and I feel like starting a business is the only way to go for me.

Apologies for my bad English it's not my native language and I have been studying it for about a year now but Im getting better.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hello Simeon and thank you for the introduction.

S. S. Georgiev

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jul 19, 2015
Hello!

A long delayed post, but I've been busy. Don't know if I should post here on start a progress thread, just wanna get something out of my mind.

I learned a lot during these 8 months since I wrote my first post. Got rid of my sidewalk friends, started a business, stopped wasting time playing video games, smoking weed and started hitting the gym. Essentially started developing better habits, which are needed if I am to achieve my goal of financial freedom!
Also I defined the skills I need to master in order to make my dreams a reality - learn copy, branding, social media marketing and marketing in general, basic graphic design and more.

About the business - It's a local service provider(beauty & spa salon). Last month sales were around 4000$, which is a huge change from being a broke college student. I strive to improve my services and take advantage of my competition's marketing illiteracy. Although It's doing good, the business is limited due to scale. The town/city I live in is a small one (80,000 people) which puts me at a disadvantage. I need to open new locations in my city or a bigger city nearby (350,000 people) and/or position myself as an upscale brand and offer better value which Im already doing by using premium and better products than the competition, and also striving to provide the best experience for my customers.
The challenge for opening a new place is of course - money. The budget for equipment, staff and office(rental, repairs) I need in order to open a new establishment in the bigger city costs around 50,000$. Im also working a 9-5 in order to fund my fb marketing campaigns and invest most of the profits into the business.

I just need some advice and a different viewpoint on what im doing right or wrong. Would be really appreciated.

noche

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Mar 17, 2017
Europe
Hello!

About the business - It's a local service provider(beauty & spa salon). Last month sales were around 4000$, which is a huge change from being a broke college student. /QUOTE]

This sounds awesome, congrats

I am curious... How did you start this business - By that I mean did you rent an apartment and hire people?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

S. S. Georgiev

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jul 19, 2015
Hello! Thank you for your kind words.

I found a place that was for rent, and got lucky with it because it was recently renovated, so I saved money and time on that. About the people - my mother teaches courses for spa centers, so finding staff wasn't difficult.

I realised that even though this isn't a fastlane business, it will teach me valuable lessons and the experience of running a business. How to manage people, do direct marketing, build a brand that is focused on giving the customer the best experience possible (Still working on that every day).
Also it took me a lot of time, probably more than it was needed to get into the mindset of putting people's desires and wants first. Im still not completely into that mindset, but Im better than I was.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...