The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Local Lead Gen for Insurance Company

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Danny01

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 20, 2019
I'm meeting with a Multi-National Insurance Company branch in my region tomorrow. The meeting is about how I can generate leads for them. I want to get them clients and get a good pay for my service.

But I want to ask, which method is the best for marketing an insurance company? Google Ads or Facebook ads, which will convert better?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 3, 2014
England UK
What sort of insurance? Motor? Health? Property? Business? Travel? B2B, B2C?

A lot will depend on the market. B2B is more likely to work with Google Ads or LinkedIn than Facebook. I'd steer clear of committing myself in the first meeting. I'd keep an open mind and use the meeting as 'discovery' rather than to tell them you will market them on a specific platform. Find out how they currently generate their leads. What have they found that works best, what they have tried and given up on in the past. What sort of leads convert best for them?

Make it all about finding out as much as you can so you can 'tailor make' a solution to their need for more clients.

I think they will be much more impressed if you spent your time asking lots of probing questions rather than say 'hell yeah, we'll build out a super converting Facebook campaign for you."

OP
OP
Danny01

Danny01

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 20, 2019
What sort of insurance? Motor? Health? Property? Business? Travel? B2B, B2C?

A lot will depend on the market. B2B is more likely to work with Google Ads or LinkedIn than Facebook. I'd steer clear of committing myself in the first meeting. I'd keep an open mind and use the meeting as 'discovery' rather than to tell them you will market them on a specific platform. Find out how they currently generate their leads. What have they found that works best, what they have tried and given up on in the past. What sort of leads convert best for them?

Make it all about finding out as much as you can so you can 'tailor make' a solution to their need for more clients.

I think they will be much more impressed if you spent your time asking lots of probing questions rather than say 'hell yeah, we'll build out a super converting Facebook campaign for you."
Thanks for the advice @RazorCut. I'll be open minded and find out about their current method of getting leads and how it is working for them, then I can customize a better and cheaper way to help them.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
What @RazorCut said.

Also, I have a colleague who does lead gen for agents of a national insurance carrier--mostly for auto & home policies--who generates the leads via Google Ads. While some agents use his lead gen service for over a year, the average agent uses his lead gen service for 6-9 months. The agents tend to be price sensitive.

OP
OP
Danny01

Danny01

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 20, 2019
What @RazorCut said.

Also, I have a colleague who does lead gen for agents of a national insurance carrier--mostly for auto & home policies--who generates the leads via Google Ads. While some agents use his lead gen service for over a year, the average agent uses his lead gen service for 6-9 months. The agents tend to be price sensitive.
How does he charge the agents? Pay-Per-Lead or Monthly recurring payment?

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 3, 2014
England UK
They offer all of the above.
Then you will have to provide different solutions to each vertical. Someone looking to change their home insurance is a totally different beast than a business owner looking for a package for his $30m turnover company (third party liability, stock insurance, protection against employee suing etc..)

Last edited:

NMdad

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
How does he charge the agents? Pay-Per-Lead or Monthly recurring payment?
Typically a fixed monthly fee. He sometimes starts sending them leads for the first week if they're on the fence; the free leads demonstrate proof to the prospect.

One problem he commonly sees is that the agents and/or their staff don't always follow up or follow up effectively with the leads (he uses a couple tools to see whether the lead was called). So, he also offers call scripts & follow-up steps to the agents so they can increase their conversion rates of the leads.

Andy Black

Figuring it out as I go along!
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks for the advice @RazorCut. I'll be open minded and find out about their current method of getting leads and how it is working for them, then I can customize a better and cheaper way to help them.
Curious. Why better *and* cheaper?

OP
OP
Danny01

Danny01

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 20, 2019
Curious. Why better *and* cheaper?
Instead of spending large amounts on ad banners on roadsides which is not targeted, they get targeted potential clients at a lesser cost aside payment for my services.

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Instead of spending large amounts on ad banners on roadsides which is not targeted, they get targeted potential clients at a lesser cost aside payment for my services.
Ah. Gotcha. I thought you meant you’d be better and cheaper than their current agency/freelancer/employee.

Mind you, don’t assume they want to spend less overall. If you can lower their cost-per-sale then they may want to hit the accelerator.

I built the Google Ads campaigns for the largest B2C insurance broker in Ireland. I managed them for three years too. I just charged a flat-monthly fee. It was a side-gig while I worked on other stuff. Google Ads can work well.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
Danny01

Danny01

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 20, 2019
Ah. Gotcha. I thought you meant you’d be better and cheaper than their current agency/freelancer/employee.

Mind you, don’t assume they want to spend less overall. If you can lower their cost-per-sale then they may want to hit the accelerator.

I built the Google Ads campaigns for the largest B2C insurance broker in Ireland. I managed them for three years too. I just charged a flat-monthly fee. It was a side-gig while I worked on other stuff. Google Ads can work well.
How do you approach business owners you've never known before? How do you communicate with them and convince them to bring out cash?

What do you say on the phone call with a business owner you've never met before?

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
How do you approach business owners you've never known before? How do you communicate with them and convince them to bring out cash?

What do you say on the phone call with a business owner you've never met before?
Most of my calls are warm. I talk to people who’ve either reached out to me, or who’ve done something to indicate they already know about me and are interested in what I do.

The only cold calls I’ve made are when I’ve rang with a lead.

Kevin88660

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I'm meeting with a Multi-National Insurance Company branch in my region tomorrow. The meeting is about how I can generate leads for them. I want to get them clients and get a good pay for my service.

But I want to ask, which method is the best for marketing an insurance company? Google Ads or Facebook ads, which will convert better?
I am a financial consultant tied to the biggest insurance company in Singapore.

The younger generation of buyers are doing their consumer due diligence and research online but it is the older baby boomers that have the money.

As a salesperson. I prefer leads that have the money, believers of insurance/financial planning and are ready to buy now. :)

If you can get the phone numbers of such leads the rest you can leave it to me to complete the job. No phone number means nothing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Hey @Simon Angel thanks for the write up. I think there is a ton of potential in all areas...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
@Lyinx lol man, okay. Just to make it clear to everyone else, I'm not involved with...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock