• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    How to Get Rich by Felix Denis

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: How to Get Rich, Felix Denis (Review | Discuss)

Local Lead Gen for Insurance Company

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by Danny01, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Danny01

Danny01 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $212
    I'm meeting with a Multi-National Insurance Company branch in my region tomorrow. The meeting is about how I can generate leads for them. I want to get them clients and get a good pay for my service.

But I want to ask, which method is the best for marketing an insurance company? Google Ads or Facebook ads, which will convert better?

2. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $23,309
    What sort of insurance? Motor? Health? Property? Business? Travel? B2B, B2C?

A lot will depend on the market. B2B is more likely to work with Google Ads or LinkedIn than Facebook. I'd steer clear of committing myself in the first meeting. I'd keep an open mind and use the meeting as 'discovery' rather than to tell them you will market them on a specific platform. Find out how they currently generate their leads. What have they found that works best, what they have tried and given up on in the past. What sort of leads convert best for them?

Make it all about finding out as much as you can so you can 'tailor make' a solution to their need for more clients.

I think they will be much more impressed if you spent your time asking lots of probing questions rather than say 'hell yeah, we'll build out a super converting Facebook campaign for you."

Andy Black, NMdad and Danny01 like this.
  3. Danny01

Rep Bank:
    $212
    Thanks for the advice @RazorCut. I'll be open minded and find out about their current method of getting leads and how it is working for them, then I can customize a better and cheaper way to help them.

RazorCut likes this.
  4. NMdad

NMdad Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,624
    What @RazorCut said.

Also, I have a colleague who does lead gen for agents of a national insurance carrier--mostly for auto & home policies--who generates the leads via Google Ads. While some agents use his lead gen service for over a year, the average agent uses his lead gen service for 6-9 months. The agents tend to be price sensitive.

RazorCut likes this.
  5. Danny01

Rep Bank:
    $212
    They offer all of the above.

6. Danny01

Rep Bank:
    $212
    How does he charge the agents? Pay-Per-Lead or Monthly recurring payment?

7. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $23,309
    Then you will have to provide different solutions to each vertical. Someone looking to change their home insurance is a totally different beast than a business owner looking for a package for his $30m turnover company (third party liability, stock insurance, protection against employee suing etc..)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Danny01, Andy Black and NMdad like this.
  8. NMdad

NMdad Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,624
    Typically a fixed monthly fee. He sometimes starts sending them leads for the first week if they're on the fence; the free leads demonstrate proof to the prospect.

One problem he commonly sees is that the agents and/or their staff don't always follow up or follow up effectively with the leads (he uses a couple tools to see whether the lead was called). So, he also offers call scripts & follow-up steps to the agents so they can increase their conversion rates of the leads.

RazorCut and Danny01 like this.
  9. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $175,697
    Curious. Why better *and* cheaper?

minivanman and RazorCut like this.
  10. Danny01

Rep Bank:
    $212
    Instead of spending large amounts on ad banners on roadsides which is not targeted, they get targeted potential clients at a lesser cost aside payment for my services.

Andy Black likes this.
  11. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $175,697
    Ah. Gotcha. I thought you meant you’d be better and cheaper than their current agency/freelancer/employee.

Mind you, don’t assume they want to spend less overall. If you can lower their cost-per-sale then they may want to hit the accelerator.

I built the Google Ads campaigns for the largest B2C insurance broker in Ireland. I managed them for three years too. I just charged a flat-monthly fee. It was a side-gig while I worked on other stuff. Google Ads can work well.

Danny01 likes this.
  12. Danny01

Rep Bank:
    $212
    How do you approach business owners you've never known before? How do you communicate with them and convince them to bring out cash?

What do you say on the phone call with a business owner you've never met before?

13. Andy Black

Rep Bank:
    $175,697
    Most of my calls are warm. I talk to people who’ve either reached out to me, or who’ve done something to indicate they already know about me and are interested in what I do.

The only cold calls I’ve made are when I’ve rang with a lead.

14. Kevin88660

Kevin88660 New Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $118
    I am a financial consultant tied to the biggest insurance company in Singapore.

The younger generation of buyers are doing their consumer due diligence and research online but it is the older baby boomers that have the money.

As a salesperson. I prefer leads that have the money, believers of insurance/financial planning and are ready to buy now. :)

If you can get the phone numbers of such leads the rest you can leave it to me to complete the job. No phone number means nothing.

Andy Black likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.