The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Living Life -- Skydiving

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Another one from the bucket list that I can cross off....

Promise you won't laugh at me...

Well, go ahead, laugh, but I did it.

11,400 ft

Around 43 seconds of free fall...

Groupon for skydiving: $130
Gas: $20
Paid for the Video: $80

Living life....

[video=youtube_share;MQhoe_f29B8]http://youtu.be/MQhoe_f29B8[/video]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Nice!

I've skydived 4 times, and would love to get certified. Never had any earache problems. Love it. Congrats andviv!

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
That's awesome. I have that on my bucket list too. I fight with my wife about it all the time. I should stop talking and just do it already!!! I'm so mad at myself for not taking action!!

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
It was on my bucket list too... I checked it off on my 25th bday! Whooo Hooo!
(I was always afraid of heights and figured that this was the only way to conquer that fear!)

IMG_1849.jpg

cmac

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 12, 2012
I can never figure out why someone would jump out
of a perfectly good plane

But, good for you, for taking control of your life

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I can never figure out why someone would jump out of a perfectly good plane
it was NOT perfectly good....

See, no food. No AC. Super hot. No comfy sits.

I had to do it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
For me it was only to face a fear... In a cool way. Proving to myself that I can and will push myself to do anything and be fearless. That jump gave me a lot of confidence.

In the military I climbed to the top of victory forge I think 60 feet high- and was told to repel down with a rope in between my legs and some skinny dude on the bottom who was to pull back on the rope to break my fall if I started coming down to fast. I was
scared as hell and literally stayed up there for over an hour refusing to come down- it started getting dark and turning into chow time--- instead of the squads and platoons getting mad at me they started cheering for me an rooting for me and telling me I could do it... Eventually I leaned back o get in position to come Dow. The wall and step by step I was making it down. I did slip and started to fall down fast- the soldier on belay yanked the rope tight and broke my fall just like he was supposed to do.

I finished the wall and was so happy and dootivated. But I never ever forgot how scared I was. I was ferried and up there crying because I didn't want to have to come down that wall.

It was mind or matter- I controlled myself and ordered myself to get down the wall- that was an exhilarating feeling when I was done.

But I never forgot how scared I was of heights- even balconies in theatres and stados--- I hated them I wanted to confront my fear so I did on my Bday. I always feel unstoppable when I think about that wall and skydiving. When I get scared or nervous or uncomfortable I think of these experiences. I feel it has helped to improve my quality of life in different ways-

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.