The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Listening to customers and analyzing competitors

Marketing, social media, advertising

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
I was wondering which are the best ways to listen to customers whether is in on a pre stage (before launching a product) and after the product has been launched. Which methods do you normally use? Focus groups-surveys? and how do you maintain consistency/high levels of customer engagement? I know that this might depend on the kind of business you are in of course.

On the competitors spectrums, do you believe is wise to spend a lot of time analyzing the competitors? My point of view is related to war, if you do not know the enemy how do you plan to win the battle? Then a lot of people becomes so internally focused on their own business and forget about what others are doing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
I am offering a service at the moment.

What really helped me was to go out and help people.

To find somebody I could help with what I knew back when I started.

With each and every client, I am growing, learning and fine-tuning my offer.

When talking to business owners, I get insights that I wouldn't get from survey.

The best test is always to name a price and see if the money hits your account.

I just recently launched my first AdWords campaign.

Together with my insights from personal interactions, I now draw conclusions that might help me move from a service to a productised service I'd be able to scale.

To use your war metaphor: What helped me was to engage in hand-to-hand combat rather than sitting in the general's tent, making up plans.

Things you could do today to find out what the market not only needs, but also wants:

What if you helped somebody with what you know today?

What if you engaged your personal network and spent your money on "Spend your money on diesel and coffee"

What if you asked a business owner you knew how it was going and what he was struggling with?

Hope this helps :)

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
I am offering a service at the moment.

What really helped me was to go out and help people.

To find somebody I could help with what I knew back when I started.

With each and every client, I am growing, learning and fine-tuning my offer.

When talking to business owners, I get insights that I wouldn't get from survey.

The best test is always to name a price and see if the money hits your account.

I just recently launched my first AdWords campaign.

Together with my insights from personal interactions, I now draw conclusions that might help me move from a service to a productised service I'd be able to scale.

To use your war metaphor: What helped me was to engage in hand-to-hand combat rather than sitting in the general's tent, making up plans.

Things you could do today to find out what the market not only needs, but also wants:

What if you helped somebody with what you know today?

What if you engaged your personal network and spent your money on "Spend your money on diesel and coffee"

What if you asked a business owner you knew how it was going and what he was struggling with?

Hope this helps :)

Great thank you for the answer! Just out of curiosity, what kind of service are you developing?

aishley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Jul 1, 2019
Providing great customer experience is an essential task to keep them with your business. Every marketer tends to use various customer engagement strategies so that they can easily know how to grow business while keeping customers engaged and expanding business opportunities further.

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Every marketer tends to use various customer engagement strategies so that they can easily know how to grow business while keeping customers engaged and expanding business opportunities further.

That's a really long sentence.

giphy.gif

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
That's a really long sentence.

giphy.gif
It reminds me to Corporate Bullshi*t generator, or something with similar name.
It was creating long sentences that sounded like something only boss could write.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Back on topic:
You probably don't use same thing for pre-stage, and post stage.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.