The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Listen and Win

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
The road to wealth is brimming with deals. In fact, I don’t know of anyone that has made it to their definition of “success†in an isolated box.

The KEY COMPONENT to putting together a deal is the ability to listen to the parties involved. If you can identify the motivation and the need of each party, you ought to be able to put together a deal. (win-win of course)

In real estate – this often means going face to face with the other party (buyer or seller) and having a conversation. Forget the realtor. Well, the realtor can be there of course, but get rid of the middle man in honest conversation. It is really difficult to learn about the other person’s situation when it is filtered through a realtor. So, go face to face, then ASK questions and LISTEN to the response. The NEEDS and motivations will be found there.

Then, in the spirit of WIN-WIN figure out how to help the person with that need.

EXAMPLE.

Over the weekend, I got an offer on a piece of real estate. The potential buyer’s offer was low – but rather than counter through our realtor, we requested a face to face.

During that meeting, we got to know the prospective buyer and his situation. He is nearing end-of-life and preparing his estate. He has had numerous properties with a partner, but no longer wants fractional interest in any of his holdings. He does not want his heirs to have to deal with partners. They (he and his partner) have sold all but one property.

In learning this, we found that we may be able to strike a deal that before was too far apart for us. We were not willing to sell at his price, and he was not willing to buy at ours. However, we may both be willing to trade properties.

We will be viewing his property next week – to see if we can solve each other’s problems.

So…. When you are looking for a deal:

• Go Face to Face
  • Ask Questions
  • LISTEN to the Answers
  • Ask yourself: How can I solve this person’s need?
  • How can he/she solve mine?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
Yes! Find a need and fill it! Rep ++

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great post ... the foundation of all success/sales is filling needs but one cannot do that unless they LISTEN and OBSERVE.

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
Good post, Around the World. ++

Years ago, I attended an awesome seminar hosted by the Seven Habits of Highly Effective People gurus, and one of the things they stressed was thinking "win-win". Basically, it entails listening to the need first, then rationalizing and finally acting to find a reasonable and just solution. Thinking win-win is great because it temporarily allows you to consider the total dynamics, hence it's important for everyone involved to be satisfied.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.