The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Like riding a bike

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
People talk about bike riding when they want to remind us that some things, once learned, are not forgotten.

What they don't mention is how we learned. No one learns to ride a bike from a book, or even a video.

You learn by doing it.

Actually, by not doing it. You learn by doing it wrong, by falling off, by getting back on, by doing it again.

PS this approach works for lots of things, not just bikes. Most things, in fact.

source: Seth's Blog

This hit me, I wanted to share...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Frankie Relax

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2015
Italy
People talk about bike riding when they want to remind us that some things, once learned, are not forgotten.

What they don't mention is how we learned. No one learns to ride a bike from a book, or even a video.

You learn by doing it.

Actually, by not doing it. You learn by doing it wrong, by falling off, by getting back on, by doing it again.

PS this approach works for lots of things, not just bikes. Most things, in fact.

source: Seth's Blog

This hit me, I wanted to share...

Yes, but first of all you need the tool (the bike).

Kreativez

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
Thanks for sharing!

What do you mean with that?

I think he meant that you first need the idea of a potential business (the bike/tool).

I mean sure, you could ride this old broken bike -- but you're bound to fall off and scrape a knee or two in the process.

But if you do a bit of research -- you could find a bike that'll last you a lifetime, the bruises might happen -- but they'll be from your inexperience in riding the bike -- not the bike itself.

Sponsored Offers

Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Text... (via @Black_Dragon43 ) A forum user recently said something poignant. "Don't ask a...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
With 300+ students, the method and/or main sources of traffic don't saturate? Seems web design...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - I sent out some emails with the updates but I'll PM you now also, thanks. The issue is...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom