The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lifelong Financial Services Drone...Loving how MJ Saw Through the BS

SouthernCharm

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 28, 2017
North Carolina
I'm not usually one to post online, but after reading TMF , Unscripted , and spending a good amount of time browsing through the forum, I've been very impressed by the focus and camaraderie I've seen here.

Being in finance, I have witnessed first hand how easy it is to fall victim to the daily grind. The culture extols those who spend every waking hour in pursuit of a golden parachute, but MJ really made me take a hard look at the numbers, as well as the industry in general. Knowing a lot of investment advisors personally, I couldn't agree more with the assessment laid out in TMF and Unscripted . Thank you MJ for keeping it real.

Now that I have been thoroughly inspired, its time to stop thinking about changing lanes and to start walking the walk. I am embarking on a new venture that should hit all the fastlane commandments. It's similar to Poshmark but in a much different category than women's clothing. Originally, the plan was to wait until I found the right tech partner since I have limited coding experience, but after reading through countless stories of self-starters on this forum, I realize now that I should not let that be an excuse.

Throughout this journey, I plan to give back by posting lessons learned/experiences that I feel may be useful to this community. I will be heads down learning and churning for the next three months, but hope to report back in the Spring of 2018. In the meantime, if there are any folks in the west NC area that would be interested in a TMF meetup, feel free to PM me as I already know a few people that would be interested.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hola and welcome. Glad to hear the books resonated with someone that worked in the field of finance!

Good luck on the venture, no matter if it succeeds or fails, you're swinging. And swinging is how you win.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
I'm not usually one to post online, but after reading TMF , Unscripted , and spending a good amount of time browsing through the forum, I've been very impressed by the focus and camaraderie I've seen here.

Being in finance, I have witnessed first hand how easy it is to fall victim to the daily grind. The culture extols those who spend every waking hour in pursuit of a golden parachute, but MJ really made me take a hard look at the numbers, as well as the industry in general. Knowing a lot of investment advisors personally, I couldn't agree more with the assessment laid out in TMF and Unscripted . Thank you MJ for keeping it real.

Now that I have been thoroughly inspired, its time to stop thinking about changing lanes and to start walking the walk. I am embarking on a new venture that should hit all the fastlane commandments. It's similar to Poshmark but in a much different category than women's clothing. Originally, the plan was to wait until I found the right tech partner since I have limited coding experience, but after reading through countless stories of self-starters on this forum, I realize now that I should not let that be an excuse.

Throughout this journey, I plan to give back by posting lessons learned/experiences that I feel may be useful to this community. I will be heads down learning and churning for the next three months, but hope to report back in the Spring of 2018. In the meantime, if there are any folks in the west NC area that would be interested in a TMF meetup, feel free to PM me as I already know a few people that would be interested.

hey
welcome to the forum; i am in SC and am totally down for a meetup
consider an INSIDERS membership to post your valued expertise to those that share the same commitment levels you do.

B_Mac

Redneck Oligarch
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Apr 10, 2017
Southwest Virginia
hey
welcome to the forum; i am in SC and am totally down for a meetup
consider an INSIDERS membership to post your valued expertise to those that share the same commitment levels you do.

I'm currently in the Columbia area and travel most weeks between here and southwest virginia. I would be open to a meetup.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...