The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Lifelong Financial Services Drone...Loving how MJ Saw Through the BS

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

SouthernCharm

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 28, 2017
North Carolina
I'm not usually one to post online, but after reading TMF, Unscripted, and spending a good amount of time browsing through the forum, I've been very impressed by the focus and camaraderie I've seen here.

Being in finance, I have witnessed first hand how easy it is to fall victim to the daily grind. The culture extols those who spend every waking hour in pursuit of a golden parachute, but MJ really made me take a hard look at the numbers, as well as the industry in general. Knowing a lot of investment advisors personally, I couldn't agree more with the assessment laid out in TMF and Unscripted. Thank you MJ for keeping it real.

Now that I have been thoroughly inspired, its time to stop thinking about changing lanes and to start walking the walk. I am embarking on a new venture that should hit all the fastlane commandments. It's similar to Poshmark but in a much different category than women's clothing. Originally, the plan was to wait until I found the right tech partner since I have limited coding experience, but after reading through countless stories of self-starters on this forum, I realize now that I should not let that be an excuse.

Throughout this journey, I plan to give back by posting lessons learned/experiences that I feel may be useful to this community. I will be heads down learning and churning for the next three months, but hope to report back in the Spring of 2018. In the meantime, if there are any folks in the west NC area that would be interested in a TMF meetup, feel free to PM me as I already know a few people that would be interested.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Hola and welcome. Glad to hear the books resonated with someone that worked in the field of finance!

Good luck on the venture, no matter if it succeeds or fails, you're swinging. And swinging is how you win.

Arun Siva

aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 31, 2016
NORD-TRONDELAG
I'm not usually one to post online, but after reading TMF, Unscripted, and spending a good amount of time browsing through the forum, I've been very impressed by the focus and camaraderie I've seen here.

Being in finance, I have witnessed first hand how easy it is to fall victim to the daily grind. The culture extols those who spend every waking hour in pursuit of a golden parachute, but MJ really made me take a hard look at the numbers, as well as the industry in general. Knowing a lot of investment advisors personally, I couldn't agree more with the assessment laid out in TMF and Unscripted. Thank you MJ for keeping it real.

Now that I have been thoroughly inspired, its time to stop thinking about changing lanes and to start walking the walk. I am embarking on a new venture that should hit all the fastlane commandments. It's similar to Poshmark but in a much different category than women's clothing. Originally, the plan was to wait until I found the right tech partner since I have limited coding experience, but after reading through countless stories of self-starters on this forum, I realize now that I should not let that be an excuse.

Throughout this journey, I plan to give back by posting lessons learned/experiences that I feel may be useful to this community. I will be heads down learning and churning for the next three months, but hope to report back in the Spring of 2018. In the meantime, if there are any folks in the west NC area that would be interested in a TMF meetup, feel free to PM me as I already know a few people that would be interested.

hey
welcome to the forum; i am in SC and am totally down for a meetup
consider an insiders membership to post your valued expertise to those that share the same commitment levels you do.

B_Mac

Redneck Oligarch
FASTLANE INSIDER
Apr 10, 2017
Southwest Virginia
hey
welcome to the forum; i am in SC and am totally down for a meetup
consider an insiders membership to post your valued expertise to those that share the same commitment levels you do.

I'm currently in the Columbia area and travel most weeks between here and southwest virginia. I would be open to a meetup.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
If anyone has any more questions about joining before the end of this year hit me up via PM or...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
This program helped me to triple my revenue over 7 months while also moving to a new city in the...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...

Top Bottom