The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Captain Hoodie

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 17, 2017
Canada
Hey everyone.

This is my intro post.

I am grateful to be here with all of you. I am also grateful for everything I have in life.

I have been creeping this forum for quite some time. I was introduced to this community through one of @Fox post a few years back on reddit or facebook (I can't remember)

I'll tell you that reading posts on this forum and reading unscripted has definitely changed my perspective on what entrepreneurship is and what it takes to run a successful business.

I understand now that it is very important to satisfy what the market wants & not necessarily what your dreams or passions are.

After working a myriad of unskilled and general labor jobs in my teens & twenties I grew sort of tired of constantly having a boss or supervisor hovering over me all the time and always working for someone else to make their dreams come true. I also hate how replaceable I felt and quite frankly was at all these jobs.

These jobs definitely take a tole on you especially when they are of the dead end variety and there are no skills involved that you could build on or take with you to a different job.

One of the best (in the eyes of people who have never worked there ever) but shittiest jobs I ever worked was as a railway conductor. This is the definition of slow lane. 90% of the job is on-call work. Shifts go anywhere from 8hrs to several days and you have to sleep in a bunk house hundreds of miles from home half your career. Not to mention working in all weather conditions and not knowing when your next day off is. People call me crazy for leaving this job but what kind of life is that?
I was laid-off from this job several times in a 4 year span as this is some right of passage if you want to be a railway worker apparently. During one of my stints off work I would call local business's trying to offer them help usually in the form of a website. I didn't get much business but I cold called quite a few business owners and even met with a couple.

When I was 18 I attended university mostly because my parents wanted me to and I saw everyone else doing it. This didn't last long.
Later on in my twenties I attempted school again but ended up doing pretty poorly in most of my classes.
Now here I am a few years later and I am sort of at a loss with what my next step might be.

I like trying new things and learning.

This past summer I did some exterior house cleaning and had some satisfied customers. It was a very tiny sample size as it was only a couple jobs here and there.
I have also done a little bit of website work for friends and studied some online marketing.

Some aspects of myself that I must work on no matter what my future holds are my self doubt, analysis paralysis, limited mindset, shiny object syndrome, anxiety when it comes to doing something new or uncomfortable, and what I feel like is sometimes self sabotage.

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to bring to the table value wise but I am open to trying different things whether it be physical or something in the digital realm.

Helping people would probably be my best form of action going forward.

Thanks for your time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

krak

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Nov 24, 2020
Hey everyone.

This is my intro post.

I am grateful to be here with all of you. I am also grateful for everything I have in life.

I have been creeping this forum for quite some time. I was introduced to this community through one of @Fox post a few years back on reddit or facebook (I can't remember)

I'll tell you that reading posts on this forum and reading unscripted has definitely changed my perspective on what entrepreneurship is and what it takes to run a successful business.

I understand now that it is very important to satisfy what the market wants & not necessarily what your dreams or passions are.

After working a myriad of unskilled and general labor jobs in my teens & twenties I grew sort of tired of constantly having a boss or supervisor hovering over me all the time and always working for someone else to make their dreams come true. I also hate how replaceable I felt and quite frankly was at all these jobs.

These jobs definitely take a tole on you especially when they are of the dead end variety and there are no skills involved that you could build on or take with you to a different job.

One of the best (in the eyes of people who have never worked there ever) but shittiest jobs I ever worked was as a railway conductor. This is the definition of slow lane. 90% of the job is on-call work. Shifts go anywhere from 8hrs to several days and you have to sleep in a bunk house hundreds of miles from home half your career. Not to mention working in all weather conditions and not knowing when your next day off is. People call me crazy for leaving this job but what kind of life is that?
I was laid-off from this job several times in a 4 year span as this is some right of passage if you want to be a railway worker apparently. During one of my stints off work I would call local business's trying to offer them help usually in the form of a website. I didn't get much business but I cold called quite a few business owners and even met with a couple.

When I was 18 I attended university mostly because my parents wanted me to and I saw everyone else doing it. This didn't last long.
Later on in my twenties I attempted school again but ended up doing pretty poorly in most of my classes.
Now here I am a few years later and I am sort of at a loss with what my next step might be.

I like trying new things and learning.

This past summer I did some exterior house cleaning and had some satisfied customers. It was a very tiny sample size as it was only a couple jobs here and there.
I have also done a little bit of website work for friends and studied some online marketing.

Some aspects of myself that I must work on no matter what my future holds are my self doubt, analysis paralysis, limited mindset, shiny object syndrome, anxiety when it comes to doing something new or uncomfortable, and what I feel like is sometimes self sabotage.

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to bring to the table value wise but I am open to trying different things whether it be physical or something in the digital realm.

Helping people would probably be my best form of action going forward.

Thanks for your time.
sick just joined as well

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.