• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Get answers about starting a business from real entrepreneurs. Powered by Google.

NOTABLE! Life Altering Choices - Yours?

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by MJ DeMarco, Aug 24, 2007.

1. The-J

The-J Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $11,576
    Fastlane opportunity: talk about it, on the road. Sounds morbid but you could help a lot of people out.

Suicide is a huge problem. One of my friends lost a sister due to it. You'd do well in Japan and South Korea, where suicides are as common as rain showers.

As far as LAC's, I had a few of em. I was depressed when I was 16. My dog and my grandfather had both just passed and I had zero (count em, ZERO) friends. I talked to nobody except my mother, father and grandmother for three months.

I came out of that depression hungry like the wolf. Don't remember how or what I did, but I ended up getting two girlfriends in a few months. The second one, I met on the Internet, and I'm still with.

I'm no master with girls, of course, but meeting the first one really boosted my confidence. When I realized at the late-bloomer age of 16 that there could possibly exist a girl who would actually like me, it was like... a WHOLE NEW WOOOOOORLD

My second LAC was going to visit said girlfriend. I was never allowed to leave the house in high school. But, one day, I left my country with nothing but some clothes, about $1500 and an address. Took charge of my life. Decided not to let anyone dictate my path.

While on that trip, I read The Millionaire Fastlane.

Best two weeks of my LIFE.

It resulted into me moving to Ontario. They say to move for a girl is a dumb idea, but I'm staying here for a few years, no matter what she does. I like Toronto. It doesn't have that underlying awfulness that NYC does.

2. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $63,777
    Simple one: Losing weight.

Losing weight is ENTIRELY a mindset issue, not a physically impossible feat. It is the classic mental mountain in your way.

I used to weigh nothing - like 120 pounds soaking wet. My metabolism stopped racing when I hit my mid 20s and I slowly ballooned up to almost 200 pounds. I had fatty rolls, my breath was shorter and I felt like a slob. Rather than blame everything but myself, I just changed. What's better is I did it WITHOUT forcing my wife to change her eating habits (a common issue people face).

I stopped ordering fast food (even when my wife still got some), I cut down on junk food, started eating "real" food, made my own lunches and reduced portions. Within 3 months I dropped 50 pounds safely and am pretty happy where I am.

I'm hardly a "Macho Man" but everyone who rolled their eyes at my weight loss plans was suddenly saying "How did you lose that much weight?!?!". When I told them it amounted to conscious effort and willpower they stopped listening - You could see their eyes gloss over when the answer wasn't "effortless pixie dust".

Next up: regular exercise & income replacement.

3. 1PercentStreet

1PercentStreet Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,056
    It's crazy how much this resonates with me. It was right before I started my business when I was 13. I never talk to anyone about it but it's a life-changer. There's so much we can do in this life and I felt like an idiot afterwards.

1 person likes this.
  4. andyhaus44

andyhaus44 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $68
    Mine was actually reading TMF, which was 1 year ago, because it changed the way I think. It also inspired me to start making Fastlane decisions, such as not counting my house in my net worth, investing in notes and working towards a Fastlane business.

Before TMF, I was actually closed off to reading RDPD because of all of the Amway people trying to shove it down my throat years ago. After reading TMF, I read RDPD and it opened my eyes even more.

I have a newborn son and look forward to the day he reads TMF. Thank you for all of the value you provide, MJ!

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  5. masaldana2

masaldana2 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,737
    When I figure it out that there was nothing wrong with me for falling asleep in my first engineering corporate america internship... I discovered that most jobs are boring, no matter how great they sound in the job description.
    Doesn't matter I slept 8 hours, drink black coffee, I was falling asleep and it was painful/sad.

That's when I started consuming self-help stuff and eventually lead me to MJs books, I resonated with 'going all in for your goals" and not so much on "save 10% of your paycheck"

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Silver Silk and MJ DeMarco like this.
  6. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $308,702
    Admin Post
    Wow, holy epic old thread Batman! But still relevant today, tomorrow, and ten years from now.

Choice = Your steering wheel!

Chef likes this.
  7. Brian Suh

Brian Suh New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $182
    The number one thing for me is trusting my own mind and gut instinct. Always questioning EVERYTHING. From my habits, thoughts, peer group, mindset, environment, my opinions on things. A lot of it was trying to understand reality as it is (which is impossible but I’m going to try my best) and not let my ego or narcissism or the opinions of others get in the way.

Silver Silk and fortu1992 like this.
  8. Thomas Baptiste

Thomas Baptiste Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $158
    Man I know that all too well, it's funny how the event v.s. process mentality is present in all aspects of life. It's all about patient perseverance. My experience was very similar actually. Losing weight was it at the start, but now i'm looking to increasing my muscle mass as well. Physical health is very important and i've seen how the path to becoming fit has aided me in other parts of my life.

Another would be reading Millionaire FastLane, changed my mentality about life. It changed my priorities, it even changed my friends and the people that surround me! Impressive perspectives here.

Silver Silk and fortu1992 like this.
  9. Xolorr

Xolorr Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $251
    Mine's a bit weird, I know.

It was choosing to blindly follow my (at the time) high school sweetheart girlfriend, and move cities together. She was going to college there, and I was self-studying, so essentially could've gone anywhere I wanted.

As soon as I got there she started treating me terribly. A month into it she dumped me, without really giving a reason. She had an established social circle and life through college, and I was struggling to get on my feet. Left me broken, but made me realize that my happiness (and life control) was solely based on her.

I vowed from then on to control my happiness and my life.

Since I've had the craziest 4 months of my life. Started freelancing, met some amazing people, had crazy experiences, I've just started my first (proper) business, and just booked a flight to Europe. I'll be traveling (for free) due to my personal brand and connections I've made in freelancing. Although I'm not making much money yet, I feel like I've somewhat escaped the script at 19. None of this would've happened if I stayed in that relationship.

I bumped into my ex less than a month back, turns out she isn't doing so good.
    Funny how life works.