The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lies people tell you about pursuing your dream

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I found this post today (thanks stumbleupon!) and wanted the share it here in the forum. I agree with most of the points the author made.

Everyone thinks they’re the expert on your life and loves to give you advice. Most of it is complete garbage.
Here are 15 of the most popular nay-saying tips and why you can tell them to shove it.

Read the whole article here

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PokerRich

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 15, 2008
Minnesota
I kept a post from a discussion site that is similar to this article that discusses chasing a particular dream of being a professional poker player. I have it posted above my desk and look at it every day. Some parts are poker specific but most of the post can be applied to chasing any dream...

NSXT2 on becoming a pro poker player...

"Don't listen to any negativity. It is NOT a risk. Treat it like a business because it is. Decide what you want/need to make and go make it, period. Nothing to it. Those who worry will fail. It's just a simple job change, big deal. NEVER get rattled. Laugh a lot. ENJOY it... Do not listen to a single bad beat story. Don't ever tell one. Laugh yourself off tilt. Treat yourself to as many toys as you can. Reward yourself constantly. (it'll keep you on the wheel) Buy the BEST of everything, eat at the best places. Be generous. As you will need support, it'll teach you to be supportive of others. And now back to the original statement. RID YOURSELF OF ANY NEGATIVITY in your life. If someone or something is not POSITIVE, lose it fast............"

AlwaysCurious

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jan 16, 2008
GMT +1
It´s a pity that especially kids are always told to behave, to be modest, not to do this and that, and that their dreams are not only not reachable but compeltely nonsense and childish. Instead of giving them wings, they are nailed to the ground.

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it." (Calvin & Hobbes)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.