The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Licensing - How to distribute and market a product?

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
You could give a few of your products away to influencers that have 100,000+ or millions of followers on TikTok, Twitter, Instagram etc. and in return for the free gift they can perhaps give you a shout out and record a unpacking video or something.

1 right influencer = 1000s of sales.

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
That's up to you as well as the product. Do you have established distribution relationships? Are you already selling direct via ecommerce?

You'd probably want to work backwards, establish demand first by talking to distributors, retailers, buyers, and then go after the licensing deal if there is actual demand.

D

Deleted29658

It appears the GOLD licensing game thread is dead. I am trying to find clarification from anyone in regards to distribution and marketing.
Per what I read, you find a celebrity or brand and find an item already in manufacture that you can negotiate a license deal. Once you lock in the deal with the celeb/brand and have a manufacturer, how do you get the product out? Do you have to spend thousands marketing the product? Do you have to pay for distribution, or how can you get it in front of the public?

I am trying to find out how much money it is going to cost out of pocket for this process and what the back half looks like after a deal is established.
Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted29658

That's up to you as well as the product. Do you have established distribution relationships? Are you already selling direct via ecommerce?

You'd probably want to work backwards, establish demand first by talking to distributors, retailers, buyers, and then go after the licensing deal if there is actual demand.

Okay, so I need to have the money to market the product and the distribution channels?

What if the brand is very well known. Can you have them distribute for you? There wouldn't need to be any marketing since the brand is so well known. Would that work?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Okay, so I need to have the money to market the product and the distribution channels?

What if the brand is very well known. Can you have them distribute for you? There wouldn't need to be any marketing since the brand is so well known. Would that work?

You don't need money to market a product, fb/ig & yt is free.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013

Please go back and reread my post and the original gold thread.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.