The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION Lex DeVille's - Journey To Disillusionment

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Primeperiwinkle

Platinum Contributor
I've Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Nov 30, 2018
SQUEEEEEEE I’m so excited for youuuuu!! I hope it’s a good college!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows from Dreams
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground
Get Accepted Into Ph.D. Program - Complete
First step required references and a statement of purpose. Slightly more legit than my previous program. Now that I've been accepted, it looks like I'll start sooner than expected. Had an opportunity to start next month, so I took it.

Psi-Chi Honor Society
It's in my sights. I've already met all of the academic requirements to be accepted into Psi-Chi, but I couldn't do it with my Master's program because they're not associated with Psi-Chi. The new school is affiliated with Psi-Chi, so once I get started I'll only need to pass three classes with top marks to be eligible to apply. This is my next milestone goal.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows from Dreams
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground
I made a last-minute change to my enrollment. I was browsing the online options with the school and saw that they have a Juris Master's degree (law degree) that will only take one year to complete. I've wanted to study law in a structured way and build a foundation for that, so I decided to go into that program before completing the Ph.D.

I was back and forth about which program made more sense to start with, but law is more relevant to my current business pursuits, and the Ph.D. will take around three years. Once I complete the J.M., I'll hold two graduate degrees, a lot more credibility, and even a new skill set that can be applied within my business, and also as a freelance writer to target niches where there is no competition if I want to go that route.

Law.PNG

Ultimately, I want to study law for a while. Plus, I'll still get the alumni benefits and discounts that will go toward the Ph.D. afterward. Basically, the only drawback is that it will take an extra year to earn a Ph.D. But that's not a big deal to me since I don't need to leverage the Ph.D. for anything other than to build another piece of legacy.

So that's the latest update. If you don't like it, I will sue you... in about a year. :)

ZF Lee

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I made a last-minute change to my enrollment. I was browsing the online options with the school and saw that they have a Juris Master's degree (law degree) that will only take one year to complete. I've wanted to study law in a structured way and build a foundation for that, so I decided to go into that program before completing the Ph.D.

I was back and forth about which program made more sense to start with, but law is more relevant to my current business pursuits, and the Ph.D. will take around three years. Once I complete the J.M., I'll hold two graduate degrees, a lot more credibility, and even a new skill set that can be applied within my business, and also as a freelance writer to target niches where there is no competition if I want to go that route.

View attachment 40323

Ultimately, I want to study law for a while. Plus, I'll still get the alumni benefits and discounts that will go toward the Ph.D. afterward. Basically, the only drawback is that it will take an extra year to earn a Ph.D. But that's not a big deal to me since I don't need to leverage the Ph.D. for anything other than to build another piece of legacy.

So that's the latest update. If you don't like it, I will sue you... in about a year. :)
Many of the world's most famous leaders (and masters in persuasion) studied law...Lee Kuan Yew, Obama, Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, even Putin himself (studied law in Leningrad State University, wrote a thesis titled 'The Most Favored Nation Trading Principle in International Law').

That would be an insane credibility marker for your copywriting works -- probably more unique than just a direct-line marketer.

I did a few modules in business law in college myself...and I actually enjoyed it. Very evidence-based, no room for the social justice woke-crap...all about looking at how to interpret problems and different scenarios as they come.

OleksiyRybakov

Contributor
I've Read Rat-Race Escape!
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 25, 2021
Germany
At this rate we will soon have threads like "My journey to high school diploma" and "XYZ's Burger Flipping Guide: Earn 20k this Year (Yes, 2021!) & Go Sidewalk".
I feel inspired to start such a Sidewalk thread. But instead of flipping burgers I'd like to flip crypto.

Anyway, well done, Lex!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
The new program website is live with a deal from now till the end of October...
MARKETPLACE Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
For those who are just seeing this, there are currently a total of 15 live courses and 1...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom