The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Le'Veon Bell FU Money

A post of a ranting nature...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Not that I care what a professional athlete does, but I think it's a dumb move, especially for an NFL running back whose career typically lasts as long as peeled fruit. Throw in that most pro athletes (especially the football players where careers are SHORTER and salaries are LOWER) end up either bankrupt or treading the Slowlane/Sidewalk.

I get he has to make as much as he can while he can, but 1 year off an NFL running back is probably 15-20% of his career lifespan.

On top of that, not sure he's made enough dough at this point to constitute forgoing $14M. That might not be FU money, but DUMB money.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I want my life to change. I want to do something that actually helps people instead of just pushing product around all day at a job and making the corporation more money.

It's good to want this, but you have to do something about it.

The biggest difference between you and Le'Veon is that he has a skill worth $14M a year that multiple companies are willing to pay for.

There are probably top traders, RE agents, salesmen and geniuses who have companies trying to recruit them all the time.

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
I think about the unscripted lifestyle more and more every day. It's something that has ingrained itself in my mind and it's constantly whispering to me that I need to break free of the hamster wheel we are stuck on.

I know it's a pie in the sky goal, but I want Le'Veon Bell FU money. The guy is in his 20s. He straight up didn't show up to work at all for a whole year, turned down $14+ million dollars, and everyone is discussing what team will pay him MORE money next year.

Think about that. Let's say you've been going to your 8-5 for 10 years. 2019 rolls around, and you think you are worth more than the $120k salary you've got, or you are tired of the 60-70 hour weeks. So you sit at home for 6 months. You don't call your boss. You don't return any of your co-workers/clients phone calls. Nothing.

You think other companies will be scrambling to hire you at double the salary? Will people just say "oh he's looking out for himself and his health, it's the right thing for him to do" about you? Or after a week of not showing up will you be fired and someone shift right into your spot as if nothing changed?

I'm sitting here today on one of my few days "off" (the emails/calls never stop though) thinking about everyone rushing around town trying to save a few bucks on "Black Friday." We have all just fallen into place in the script of what we are and aren't supposed to do. We dream about the lifestyle that we can have purpose with our daily lives, and also do what we actually want to do instead of what we are told to do. And then we teach our kids to follow our path and be just as miserable as us.

I want my life to change. I want to do something that actually helps people instead of just pushing product around all day at a job and making the corporation more money.

I know this is all over the place, and I apologize. I just wanted to say this to a group that may actually understand where I'm coming from. Most of my friends are happy working for 40 years and then retiring (maybe). At least once a week at my job I hear "I'm just trying to make it for the next 10 years and then I won't care anymore". Really? Is that how you want to spend your life?

Anyway, rant over. I'm going to go turn my phone off and try not to stress about the mess I'm going to walk back into on Monday morning. Hope everyone had a wonderful turkey day (for those that celebrate) and let the big marketing machine that is Christmas begin.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
So how does an average Joe figure out that one trait/skill that gives us each crazy value? That’s where I get stuck. I have plenty of ideas, but don’t know if I have the skills to turn it into anything other than a casual hobby that makes 20k a year.

Just like, LB could be at home watching TV saying "I could run the ball better than those dudes in the NFL" if he never decided to try to play football. You figure out by trying them.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
So how does an average Joe figure out that one trait/skill that gives us each crazy value? That’s where I get stuck. I have plenty of ideas, but don’t know if I have the skills to turn it into anything other than a casual hobby that makes 20k a year.
With this mindset, you will still be on the couch yelling at the tv.

Gauntlet: prove you can turn a casual hobby into $20k a year.

Put a plan together right now on the back of an envelope.
Then execute the F*ck out of the plan.
Learn. Course correct. Fix. Update.

Start a progress thread right now.
DO. Get to work. Now.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
but don’t know if I have the skills

"...have the skills" ??

Skills are earned through a process. And it's the type of "process" that most people won't endure.

You aren't born with skills.

Find something and marginally improve for years and suddenly you'll have skills.

NickC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 20, 2017
Chicago
I see the point you're trying to make and leveon bell has plenty of money, but i feel like that was a dumb move on his part. Plus with james conner performing so well. He probably just lost out on millions.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Have to agree with MJ, an RB at that age is truly in strike while the iron is hot territory. Show up and collect the $14 million, even if you have to pay some of it for injury insurance.

After seeing your own name in headlines that often it's probably very hard to have an accurate picture of what your value actually is and how replaceable you are by the next eager young guy coming through.

marcof_23

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
May 22, 2015
Toronto
Le’Veon Bell doesn’t have FU money, he has FU VALUE.

BIG difference between the two. Guys above me did a pretty good job of explaining it.

D

Deleted50669

"...have the skills" ??

Skills are earned through a process. And it's the type of "process" that most people won't endure.

You aren't born with skills.

Find something and marginally improve for years and suddenly you'll have skills.
A painful process, at that.

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
Le’Veon Bell doesn’t have FU money, he has FU VALUE.

BIG difference between the two. Guys above me did a pretty good job of explaining it.

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
Just like, LB could be at home watching TV saying "I could run the ball better than those dudes in the NFL" if he never decided to try to play football. You figure out by trying them.

Ooohh, you are saying I should try out for the Steelers. Got it, already booked a flight!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.