The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Let's Go!

Razz

VPH: Value Per Hour
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
515%
Apr 15, 2016
Hey Everyone,

Glad to have read your book MJ, the candor and straight forward approach was refreshing. I also appreciate this forum|community. Been exploring the past couple of days, and within minutes knew it would be INSIDERS and subscription worthy. Finally, an unbelievably great resource for contributing and sharing, receiving constructive feedback, and chasing your own dreams and development instead of being sold a system and the marketing of like-minded drones that push them. Ugh. And not a Reddit-based upvoted clever witty and humorous empty content. Cheap chuckles cannot pay bills. Focused feedback that can help in present achievements is beyond valuable. Reflection and feedback from others that have been there, or have some insight that can transform the approach or help remove an obstacle, once comprehended, is beyond remarkable. I’ve seen this through some older threads and the ongoing ones, wow. Gold threads here are actual gold.

About me: Male, early thirties, transitioned to Southern California last year. Have so far achieved a standard approach to life, the one preprogrammed and assigned from those who think it’s the best path. I’ve spent too long in school, been developing every one else’s dreams, and have instead accepted mediocre earnings. Fortunately, I’ve been able to break free from the crushing debt of the student-loan system.

Learned a lot working with various mentors, busting internships and jobs. I’m grateful that the loan cycle was broken, had a lot of friends that are drowning in debt. Not fun. My work-hard ethic had a maximal value|low reward lifestyle, that paid for the basics. Working and studying 24/7 has left little time to enjoy life, and realize my own potential. One of the worst patterns was sacrificing health and wellness for time, and had to really change the nutrition and energy expenditure to get back to a somewhat decent shape. Still a work in progress. Personal relationships were strained too, some friendships fractured along with valuable relationships when focused on this wrong balance of life. Wrong balance, value to effort was capped, time to move on. Wasn’t worth it – sacrificing everything else to be unhappy.

I look forward to reading and interacting with everyone here. I’m very much just a beginner at this, however, every day I’m making a conscious effort to make my life more fast-lane focused. The hourly-job, corporate office and cubicle mentality works to meet certain needs, but doesn’t make life worth it. I learned this after launching my first business almost 9 years ago. It was fun, sold it to support life at that time, focus energy and efforts on others, and learned lots. Going back to the hourly grind hasn’t reignited my passions, driven my own value, or get me excited about each day. I felt like I was providing little meaning to my actions. I had somehow become a passenger to everyone else. Their goals, their lives. Seeing where they messed up, or what they can do to improve. And never turning this lens introspectively, or at least – becoming more in sync and in harmony with myself.

This awareness has taken awhile. Life and experience sure transform perspective. Everything is constantly changing yet linking together, and I’m getting more meaning from every experience. After chasing other people’s dreams, and pursuing their goals, I’m back trying to take control and actively break away. I’m still embracing change, and looking forward to making new friends, jumping into this comradery, challenging all mindsets, and learning/contributing in any way possible to continue making this a valuable interactive and meaningful exchange. I’ll do my best to actively increase this community’s value with my experience/feedback. After all, the associations and company you keep are a reflection of your values.

Razz

TL;DR Hello. Nice to meet you. I found this forum after the book, and think it’s incredible. I’m actively transforming my life to be more fast-lane oriented. Shifting from passenger to driver. I’ve cut the fat, increased my awareness, and have started the need fulfillment process by developing and increasing my own value. I look forward to sharing any insight and realizations gained throughout the journey.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Welcome, great intro! Looking forward to read more from you :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...