The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Let me tell you something about TPS reports

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
First of all I wanted to thank MJ for taking “the least travelled path”. For starting the forum and writing the book. I can only imagine how many lives you have saved by proving that there is light at the end of the tunnel and it is worth chasing the rabbit.

I think this forum is one of the best things on the internet right now. I have been here since 2011 but only registered a few days ago. I am amazed by the knowledge accumulated here... It is more than enough to understand and follow “the Fastlane”. Though it takes a lot of effort. But it should.

I have read the book at least 4-5 (maybe closer to 10) times and come back to it really often.

My background

I am 31 and still in the Slowlane. I am originally from Poland but now live in Ireland. It has been raining almost every day for 2 months now, not to mention the hurricane winds, and lack of sun. Fine Irish weather;)

I hold a Master’s degree in international economic relations although my career is around finance/accounting. Not to mention a slowlane/”steady”/dead end/corporate/soul killing job.

I have changed jobs 7-8 times since 2007. I have been living in four countries since 2012 (Poland, The Netherlands, The US, Ireland). I have been looking for something that cannot be found in a slowlane job and it wouldn’t be achieved by following the Slowlane. As you may guess I came across “the book” – The Millionaire Fastlane in 2011. A big slap in the face and kick in the nuts. Again thank you MJ.

I don’t want to repeat what already has been said here and in the book about the Slowlane so I will focus on a small part of my experience. But for those who has never “participated” in the Slowlane I can assure you. It is true. Every letter in every word in every sentence. Here we go.

- I have got to know many people in many countries. I have learnt that the grass is always greener on the other side. People are everywhere the same. Doesn’t matter what company, what department... Bad Breath Linda, Same Shirt Larry, Complaining-Not-Doing-Anything-About-It Joe (my favourite)... I can write a book about it.
- Every Friday I hear – “Thank God it’s Friday” etc., I stopped listening to that b$^@&^t. I wanted to ask “Why do you thank God for a Friday and a weekend?” several times but what is the point... Every discussion, every question asked made me look as if I was speaking Chinese.
- I have learnt about corporate politics and stupid rules that are counter-productive and confusing (e.g. they put you in a cubicle, 1 of 100 on the floor but demand/require to think outside of the box..., they kill your creativity and require it at the same time, or maybe it is a challenge – you need to get out of the cubicle... from the cave... from the darkness... but then you don’t want to work for them anymore). Another book can be written here.
- And more...
- My parents, esp. my father who has worked for almost 35 years (over 30 for one continuously bankrupting company) and has almost no assets. He has a loving family though. He is 63 and still works over 60hrs a week, most recently around 100hrs... Looking at him I see myself in 30 years and want to do one thing. Rebel against. Do whatever it takes to land as far from this picture as possible and save him and my mother, save at least few months of their lives. They started noticing that the Slowlane wasn’t such a good idea although “they are too old to do something about it”.

That is just a small taste.

I can enumerate more reasons why I am here but I think it is obvious.

Develop.

Learn.

Learn from the smarter.

Give back what I can.

Thank.

Thank again.

Get out of the Slowlane even for the price of living under a bridge (temporary).

My story is not special and extra ordinary although I stand out from the Slowlaners I know and I don’t feel comfortable in the Slowlane anymore...

My journey started when I was born. But my adult journey started 4 years ago. I am still inexperienced but at the moment I have no excuse to f&$$ around and do nothing about it.

Good day to you Guys!:)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SindbadtheSailor

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 31, 2017
Poland, Łódź
My first thought is "Is it weird that I am stalking you?"
and second is "From posts you've written during last three months I can tell that you still keep up with what you've written here."
I can enumerate more reasons why I am here but I think it is obvious.

Develop.

Learn.

Learn from the smarter.

Give back what I can.

Thank.

Thank again.

That are some great insights that I'm starting to feel more every second I spend on this forum.

Thank you, and keep it up!

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
My first thought is "Is it weird that I am stalking you?"
and second is "From posts you've written during last three months I can tell that you still keep up with what you've written here."

That are some great insights that I'm starting to feel more every second I spend on this forum.

Thank you, and keep it up!

Thank you SindbadtheSailor. I am not entirely happy with my progress but I am getting better each day... And no, you are not stalking. It's called following and another thank you for that, but I don't think I deserve it yet ;) There are brilliant minds in here and I am a stalker too (or a lurker).

Thank you Jon L!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SindbadtheSailor

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 31, 2017
Poland, Łódź
Thank you SindbadtheSailor. I am not entirely happy with my progress but I am getting better each day... And no, you are not stalking. It's called following and another thank you for that, but I don't think I deserve it yet ;) There are brilliant minds in here and I am a stalker too (or a lurker).

I don't know how did I miss your answer, but I'm sure that you better every day.
So good luck! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...