The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Let’s be real: If you're over 35, you don't have a chance.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Dude. It's not cool to call people who are trying to help you idiots. Even if they're stating that your mindset needs a change.

Business is not like going to the gym. Or trainning for the marathon. It has many similarities but it isn't the same.

You can start at 55 with the right mindset and the correct methodology (CENTS) and become richer in 2 years than someone who doesn't and started at 16.

So we have a 23 year old calling people giving him good advice idiots here?

My, how much one can learn at only 23.

For those of us that have been 35, we can say this;

With 35 you may have gained an experience, knowledge, contacts, capital, ideas, validations, etc. that can position you better than if you were 20. I'm not saying it's better to start with 35 than with 20, I say it depends on the person not the age.

For me personally, I started my first business when I was 25, and it did quite well. Looking back, now that I'm over 50, I'd say I was twice as "effective" when I was 35. I not only knew so much more, but I had a full decade of valuable experience. At 25, I had the chutzpah to make up for the lack of everything else I was lacking - but, of course, had no way of knowing that at the time.

The best advice I can give you is this - and I'm sorry to say you won't like it, but here it is anyway. Thinking you know so much at your very young age shows your incredible immaturity - which is reinforced by your aggressive attitude calling people idiots. When you realize how much you don't know, you may see how far you have to go, and can then start learning from others, as well as laying out a plan of action. Until then, as others have said, you are making excuses and deluding yourself. You are also doing yourself NO favors by wasting time on all of this.

In real life, as you will see when you get there, 35 is an ideal age because it is when knowledge and experience begin to come together which brings everything into much greater focus. That decade of experience from 25 to 35 will give you a solid base to build your life on, as well as huge confidence because you HAVE actually lived the experiences that form you.

We are laughing at you because you somehow think 35 is old. For so many here, it is the beginning of things, because it is at that point that all the powers and experience one possesses really can be harnessed.

This message is sent with love and hope for you - signed; an idiot.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bibbysoka

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jul 5, 2019
I believe in being positive for sure. But I also believe in not being delusional.

Most people do business to better their lives, not to change the world. So basically if someone is 40, has no money but only a wealth of entrepreneurship experience he has basically sacrificed himself for a cause.

This is different from someone who has worked on a slow-lane job for 15 years, saved up a decent size of money, and decides to risk a portion of it in a business to improve his life to shift himself to the fastlane.

What I am saying is if you spent your youth from 25-40 chasing the entrepreneurship dream with no result (which means no money) that is as good as being fuked.

Hence I advocate shifting gear when you reach 30s.
-Never join a new industry that you have no experience
-Never participate in a business model that generates no immediately cash (so that you can give up bad ideas quickly)
-Make sure you are in a space that amplify your strength and experience
- Save your money and do not reinvest all profit back to your business

You have a very toxic mindset and extreme limiting beliefs - you are delusional my friend. You need to change.

Especially where you say 'never join a new industry that you have no experience'

So lets say you're 50 years old, worked at mcdonalds your whole life, and never learned programming but wanted to try - with your logic, you just shouldn't learn it because it's new?

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
Let’s be honest. How many that start (key word start) at 35 actually make it?

i would say the opposite :

"Let’s be honest. How many that start (key word start) UNDER 35 actually make it? "

im my opinion, talking about 15-18 years old kid starting a business to make millions as i have read on this forum is total BS and an insult to intelligence.

but i agree, this is the typical "american mindset "

so i have to respect your wild american mindset anyway

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
Let’s be real, can you make it when your past 35? Now I KNOW what more then the majority of this site will say. “Of course you can! There are so many examples! You can do anything you set your mind to!”
The reality is that one’s youth is HIGHLY HIGHLY influential in the direction of one’s life. Take a guy who got bullied since pre school. He will grow up thinking he is unlovable. This will cause him to not try in anything. This will then further reinforce his low value even further creating a downward spiral. Can he fix this? Of course. And many have. But some won’t. And those that didn’t receive that negative feedback will have a major advantage.
The same with any skill. If you are 6’7 and want to join the nba at 31 you have no shot. The guy who was 6’7 and wanted to join the nba since 7 will outclass you 10000%.
I think the same could be with entrepreneurship or with anything. The younger you are the more positive reference experience you will get which will further reinforce your level of output and energy to get the result. The upward spiral of awesomeness. The opposite holds true as well.

Let’s be honest. How many that start (key word start) at 35 actually make it?

I think there is a definite correlation between age and how likely you are to make it, but I wouldn't say 35 is completely past it though.

I think the peak years where you're most likely to do well is between 23 and 33.

The thing that younger people have over older people is that they don't have as many financial expenses or responsibilities such as a family to look after or a mortgage to pay, so they can take the risks that are required to succeed. You also don't have as many social pressures to be making money right away and lower expectations from everyone in general because if you're living with your parents at 25, it doesn't matter- Whereas at 45 it gets abit more embarrassing.

However, the thing that you gain as you get older is usually a better understanding/knowledge of everything, so that puts you at an advantage.

That's why I think those 10 years are key because you've had enough time to figure things out from the sidelines or atleast have some sort of a clue, but you also have very few responsibilities, so it's an ideal time to take a few risks and make it.

That doesn't mean you're F*cked when you're out of these years though, I just think the likelihood of you doing anything significant drops abit because you now have 10 times the risk both financially and socially. Those years are the years when you want to ideally be starting, but if you didn't, then the best time is today!

The thing I don't understand about people who finally start the game of entrepreneurship at like 45 is "What have you been doing all these years?". Surely if you were really interested in entrepreneurship, you would have been doing it by the time you're 30? I've been buying and selling random stuff on eBay ect since the age of 17 and straight out of university I knew I wanted to have my own business, so set one up a year later.

So I think you've got to question your passion and genuine interest in all this if you've done nothing by the time you're 50 surely? Maybe you're just not an entrepreneur and just like the idea of being one and therefore will probably fail?

Maybe I'm over simplifying things and if I knew the actual story of people I'd understand more, but I dunno!

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
Get married by X age, have children at Y age, start a business at Z age... Just another scripted paradigm.

Why is age a predictor of anything? Other than correlating with amassing more experiences, and we all know that time could have been spent poorly anyways. Relevant experience and subsequent learnings paired with the right attitude will carry you forward.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Really??

You are using age to compare a person trying to get into the NBA to a person trying to start business. The NBA requires physical exertion So when you match up against younger people an old person will not have a chance due to age.

Right, talk about terrible logic.....lol!

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Get married by X age, have children at Y age, start a business at Z age... Just another scripted paradigm.

Exactly, I think your comment will be overlooked by the scripted brigade in this thread though. #endthread #landfill

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
If any of you guys think age isn't important you are delusional and too into the positive motivational cr@p.
The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is now.
A tree planted 20 years ago will be LIGHTYEARS ahead of the tree planted now. No matter how much you water and light the tree. You can do anything you want but time will always win. THat isnt an excuse to not do anything. You can still have great results at 35 but not as great as someone who started at 19. Doesn’t mean you can grow but it’s harder as you grow up. Go to your Hs reunion and most people are the same or worse

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
I got this idea from MFL. The chapter where he talks about how the younger you are, the more torque and power your decisions have. I bet you all will now agree because it’s from MFL.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
The reality is that one’s youth is HIGHLY HIGHLY influential in the direction of one’s life. Take a guy who got bullied since pre school. He will grow up thinking he is unlovable. This will cause him to not try in anything. This will then further reinforce his low value even further creating a downward spiral. Can he fix this? Of course. And many have. But some won’t. And those that didn’t receive that negative feedback will have a major advantage.
This is exactly why I posted this:

And to answer the question, no, you can't make it past the age of 35. It defies the laws of physics.

Come on with this stuff.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
You have a very toxic mindset and extreme limiting beliefs - you are delusional my friend. You need to change.

Especially where you say 'never join a new industry that you have no experience'

So lets say you're 50 years old, worked at mcdonalds your whole life, and never learned programming but wanted to try - with your logic, you just shouldn't learn it because it's new?
If I were the 50 year old who worked at Mcdonald all my life and I would like to start a business I will look into F&B first. But again if I am 50 I will surely look at my intangible assets and strength to see where I can have the best chance to excel. “Trying” is like a general in a war sending his soldiers (time and money) to die. 50 is not young for sure.

The OP probably started the thread with a different context. I am not talking about people aged 35 not having the energy to run a business. I certainly do not think so.

What I am talking about is that your age matters in a sense that when you grow older you should focus on performing and not just trying/experimenting. This is because older people can take less risk (if you have family and kids). When you step into the 30s you also know yourself better and can better invest in your effort in familiar territory. It is a bonus that people just right out of school do not have.

The whole thing about business is to be successful as early as possible so that you can relax for the rest if your life. Try whatever you want in the 20s and try to hit the jackpot. But if you do not shift gear (putting cash in pocket as opposed to trying to hit the jackpot) as you grow older things can just turn gloomy, at least from the way I see it. They either morph into

-Unmarried 50 year old man who has a gf in a developing country, with a fantastic cv of “lifetime entrepreneurship in more than one industry” testing out his latest business idea in a new market. He is a well dressed, charismatic, well versed in business and industry knowledge but he has an empty bank account.

- Grumpy taxi drivers in his 40s or 50s who have finally tapped out.

These are real people that I have seen, spoken to and worked with.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
- Grumpy taxi drivers in his 40s or 50s who have finally tapped out.
Some of them had fantastic and profitable business giving them half a million profit yearly. But they took up too much risk, reinvested everything back with additional loans. And all it took was a bad market down turn and a regulatory change that wiped their business out. They then scrambled to sell their hard assets twenty cents or less on a dollar as they suddenly remembered they need to save a portion for their’ kids university tuition fee.

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 12, 2019
If any of you guys think age isn't important you are delusional and too into the positive motivational cr@p.
A tree planted 20 years ago will be LIGHTYEARS ahead of the tree planted now. No matter how much you water and light the tree. You can do anything you want but time will always win. THat isnt an excuse to not do anything. You can still have great results at 35 but not as great as someone who started at 19. Doesn’t mean you can grow but it’s harder as you grow up. Go to your Hs reunion and most people are the same or worse
You are comparing the growth of a tree to entrepreneurship. Trees grow linearly while entrepreneurship does not. Fastlane businesses grow exponentially, therefore a business started today can surpass as one started 20 years ago (in less time).

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Well said Brian. I am surprised that you are only 23.

I was a former victim of blind optimism. My shelf was full of guru books.

It took me a few years to realize that the best way to see the world is to recognize that a glass of water that is half full and half empty, is actually both half full and also half empty.

Healthy optimism comes in when we begin to talk about how to fill up the glass to make it a full one.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
A tree planted 20 years ago will be LIGHTYEARS ahead of the tree planted now.

No matter how much you water and light the tree. You can do anything you want but time will always win. That isnt an excuse to not do anything. You can still have great results at 35 but not as great as someone who started at 19. Doesn’t mean you can grow but it’s harder as you grow up. Go to your Hs reunion and most people are the same or worse

This is a crock of sh!t, because there is a huge difference in a 19, 23, 25 and 30 year old person.

The 19 year old person would start a different business than the 25 and 30 year old. What you don't see now is that you are 23 and do not have the life experience that a 30 or 35 or 45 year old has.

The opposite can be true also, as a 19 yo may see opportunities in Youtube, influencing or playing video games that a 35 year old would never even know existed.

Starting early in business doesn't mean success at 35. It's more about your brain and mindset than anything. Take a newbie 19yo and a newbie 50yo that starts a hotdog stand. The 19yo concentrates on profit first (because he wants to buy a Ferrari), the 50yo concentrates on quality (because he wants to serve people). Who will be successful?

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
The reality is that one’s youth is HIGHLY HIGHLY influential in the direction of one’s life. Take a guy who got bullied since pre school. He will grow up thinking he is unlovable. This will cause him to not try in anything. This will then further reinforce his low value even further creating a downward spiral.

this is why it is so important to run away from the stupidity of the masses as soon as possible

my best Mastermind quotation :

" why did you quit school at age 16 ? "

" you have to mix with all those stupid kids and the teachers are even stupider than the kids "

Bobby Fischer. chess champion . 1943-2008

this is so true

why are masterminds so mean with the masses ?

because they can't stand stupidity. they can't behave otherwise.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
One of my dear friends and valuable mentor will amass a fortune exceeding one hundred million dollars before the end of this year. Not a pipe dream - his company is launching an IPO around October and his stock will blossom overnight.

He is over 35. In fact, he's over 70. Wow. I go to visit him in his office and feed him apple sauce because that's all he can digest at his advanced age. LOL.

When he returns from his 45 day vacation in Europe we have plans to get together and work on one of MY projects. Thank goodness his project is basically done, and now approaching the market launch phase. I soon will have his "universe of knowledge" to tap into all to myself.

I am cutting him in for a very healthy chunk of the action because he is light years ahead of anyone I know. He can do more in one month than anyone else could do in a year - and he can do it better than anyone else.

I want him in charge of patents (he has written over 40 of them) and marketing. When this thing launches, I want it to be like a jet taking off. I want this to soar to 20,000 feet and stay cruising at that altitude for a very long time. He has the know-how, the experience, and the connections to make that happen. I have a jet. It's a perfect match.

I'm over 50. I have the idea that is going to make a lot of people rich. It is now in the prototype development and patent phase.

After I finish my supper of strained peas and a half a glass of prune juice, I might relax by reading a good book. Being my age, I don't have the energy for hardly anything else.

Don't discount old geezers. I can send my grandson over to kick your a$$ (LOL).

PS - code word to validate this thread in the future; battery powered

Last edited:

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I am 23 not 35.
Let me explain AGAIN for the idiots. If you are 35 and are scripted your whole life do you think one moment will undo 35 years of bad habits and conditioning?

Oh, so you're not even 35, just trying to put people that age down. My question is;

why?

If you're 23 why are you worrying about other people older than you? Do you just like spreading misery or something?

What is so bitter in your life that you have to try and make others feel down?

#Landfill

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Oh, so you're not even 35, just trying to put people that age down. My question is;

why?

If you're 23 why are you worrying about other people older than you? Do you just like spreading misery or something?

#Landfill

Good points. But...

I don't know of any 35-year-olds that are going to feel insulted by anything a 23-year-old says. If anything they may laugh. They may be surprised. But insulted? No.

I just had a prominent forum member here tell me I was a dumb as a doorknob. Well, first of all, it's refreshing to hear an insult without the F-bomb in it. It shows originality, which always gets points. But, on a scale of 1 to 100, how seriously did I take it? Do you even need to ask that question?

I think it's fascinating that a 23-year-old thinks being 35 is the end of the line. If you don't make it by then, you never will. Why would they think that? How can they ignore the countless successful "old" people in the news every day? How can they so effectively be so narrow-minded? At the very least, the answers to these questions help me to market. I want to understand how my customers think.

Many here also would like to know how a 23-year-old mind may think, especially if they have daughters around that age.

With all of that said, and no ego to bruise or protect, I enjoy exploring how people think. It certainly helps me to improve how I relate to people. I just had a wonderful conversation with a 20-year-old guy today, that has, and continues, to impress me. We are resources for each other.

On the other hand, I've severed ties with several people in their mid-twenties because of this narcissistic attitude that seems to be more pronounced at this age for some reason. I'll tolerate it, but I won't babysit it.

Let's see where this leads.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018

why?

#Landfill
No. I am not bitter. I am also not trying to bring anyone down. I am just facing REALITY. I am also not one of those people who say I am just facing reality as a way to hide my pessimism. But there is a truth to this that most people dont want to hear. After a certain age, you are DONE. Don't believe me? Walk outside and look around. You will see a mass of people whose dreams have been destroyed. Why? If someone starts again at 35 and realizes that their beliefs have been messed up and that they have to rewire it like christmas lights they will beat themselves up for years and have to restart again. Some people will do exactly that. But most won't. This is why people do stupid stuff day after day like smoking cigarettes or eating bad foods. You don't think they KNOW deep inside that it is bad for them? There soul does. But there ego has a protection shield around it to cover the hard truths. Again, comfortable lies vs harsh truths. These truths hurt. They may seem "negative", but they make you grow.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
No. I am not bitter. I am also not trying to bring anyone down. I am just facing REALITY. I am also not one of those people who say I am just facing reality as a way to hide my pessimism. But there is a truth to this that most people dont want to hear. After a certain age, you are DONE. Don't believe me? Walk outside and look around. You will see a mass of people whose dreams have been destroyed. Why? If someone starts again at 35 and realizes that their beliefs have been messed up and that they have to rewire it like christmas lights they will beat themselves up for years and have to restart again. Some people will do exactly that. But most won't. This is why people do stupid stuff day after day like smoking cigarettes or eating bad foods. You don't think they KNOW deep inside that it is bad for them? There soul does. But there ego has a protection shield around it to cover the hard truths. Again, comfortable lies vs harsh truths. These truths hurt. They may seem "negative", but they make you grow.

But what's the POINT of your post? All it is going to do is neg someone out over their age.

You say, I'm 23, but if you're 35 forget it, you're screwed.

That's like me saying; I'm white, but if you're black, don't even bother trying dude, you're screwed.

Nobody wants your negativity, keep it to yourself bruh.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I don't know of any 35-year-olds that are going to feel insulted by anything a 23-year-old says. If anything they may laugh. They may be surprised. But insulted? No.

I didn't use the term insulted or insulting. I just implied he was being unnecessarily negative.

Only people I care about have the power to truly insult me.

Last edited:

bibbysoka

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jul 5, 2019
Brian and Kevin - you guys are confused. It's not being 'optimistic' to say that you can succeed at any age. It's having an open mind.

If a 19 year old and a 35 year old both knew nothing about business and started from scratch, who would do better?

If they both knew nothing about programming and started to learn at the same time, who would be a better programmer?

The funny thing is, the 35 year old would more than likely do better. However, the age doesn't matter. There are other factors at play that are more important than age.

Your NBA analogy is shit. This isn't the nba.

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Brian and Kevin - you guys are confused. It's not being 'optimistic' to say that you can succeed at any age. It's having an open mind.

If a 19 year old and a 35 year old both knew nothing about business and started from scratch, who would do better?

If they both knew nothing about programming and started to learn at the same time, who would be a better programmer?

Your NBA analogy is shit. This isn't the nba.
The 35 year old guy simplify has less risk tolerance.

If he was to quit his decent paying job in F&B and start to learn coding and try to start a business based on that his newly wed wife will kill him. I haven't include children in the picture.

He has less options in business choice. At age 25 you can join a new industry that people never heard off and start a business to attract users even though the profit model is unclear. Get a VC and get going first. Worry about the rest later. Even if fails you can always get a job at 29 and have a wonderful experience. Your life is not screwed.

At age 35 if you want to do business, It has to perform NOW. Money has to come in in the next quarter or this is a bad idea. You just cannot be adventurous as the 25 years old. If you have some saving at hand you can afford to wait longer take more risk. But if let us say at age 35 if you have nothing but just ten years of entrepreneurship experience with not much money, it is a bad idea to keep being adventurous. You have to do things that turns into sales and profit quickly.

bibbysoka

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jul 5, 2019
The 35 year old guy simplify has less risk tolerance.

If he was to quit his decent paying job in F&B and start to learn coding and try to start a business based on that his newly wed wife will kill him. I haven't include children in the picture.

He has less options in business choice. At age 25 you can join a new industry that people never heard off and start a business to attract users even though the profit model is unclear. Get a VC and get going first. Worry about the rest later. Even if fails you can always get a job at 29 and have a wonderful experience. Your life is not screwed.

At age 35 if you want to do business, It has to perform NOW. Money has to come in in the next quarter or this is a bad idea. You just cannot be adventurous as the 25 years old. If you have some saving at hand you can afford to wait longer take more risk. But if let us say at age 35 if you have nothing but just ten years of entrepreneurship experience with not much money, it is a bad idea to keep being adventurous. You have to do things that turns into sales and profit quickly.

You're misunderstanding the OP's post.

You're right - if one has a family and obligations, that takes time. It doesn't matter how old you are. If a 23 year old had a wife and a baby on the way they would have the same issue. There's literally no difference between a 35 year old and a 19 year old if they want to start a business.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
You're misunderstanding the OP's post.

You're right - if one has a family and obligations, that takes time. It doesn't matter how old you are. If a 23 year old had a wife and a baby on the way they would have the same issue. There's literally no difference between a 35 year old and a 19 year old if they want to start a business.
I don't agree with OP entirely that 35 years old have fixed bad patterns that cant be changed. Quite the contrary people do not change until a crisis hit and the crisis doesn't arrive until they have doe enough damage to themselves. Usually it happens at a later age when the damage has been accumulated over the years.

My main issue was risk tolerance. People seldom marry that early today at early 20s and if they do the male more or less made a conscious choice that career ambition and entrepreneurship is not that important. Forget about business, a lot of corporate front line jobs (investment banking) demands hours that married people cant provide.

Even if you compare a 25 year old single man versus 35 year old single man, the 25 year old has more options. As I said he can try an adventure and fail. At age 29 he can go back to corporate world and work the typical way and get married.

But let us say at age 29 he didn't go back to the corporate world he tried another adventure and failed. He is 35 now, with not too much money in the bank account. He has thoughts about finding a girl to start a family but he doesn’t have a stable finance to fall back on. He saw another business opportunity and he wonders whether he should give it a try. In short he faces a dilemma that the 25 years old didn't have to face. He has to sacrifice other areas of his live to pursue the entrepreneurship goal.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.