The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Let’s be real: If you're over 35, you don't have a chance.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I've been thinking about one thing.

If you guys noticed in all these interviews with successful entrepreneurs, MJ included, they all have ONE similarity when they were between 9 - 16 years old : they sold trading cards or gum some other type of shit to their school friends. Then when they grew up, because they've this tendency to "sell", they ended up becoming successful guys.

Could it be that if one didn't sell gum / trading cards / goods when one were young, it is a FUTURE INDICATOR that most likely, you do not have the innate entrepreneurial spirit, and therefore a lot LESS likely to succeed in business later in life, and that it's more likely that one would end up in a 9-to-5 job forever, after a string of failed "business attempts"?

Just my 2 cents.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Wow I might as well kill myself then. Why did I open this. I'm glad I read the comments.
Also haha the 25 y/o talking about being 35, 40? How about you get to that age before talking about what you haven't experienced? What a load of negativity.

Nitrous

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Sep 21, 2019
Congratulations, you’ve pissed me off and dumped about a truckload of fuel ⛽️ onto my fire . I’m 37 and I would rather die than stay in the script. Everyday I tell myself I’m going to quit my job, but then I don’t. The truth is I only do about 3 to 4 hours of actual work and the rest of the time I’m riding in the work truck. I do pressure washing, and I make $100 a day. But until I figure out how to make more than that per day week month etc on average it’s probably gonna be hard to quit. Cash flow is cash flow. Anyway your argument is invalid. But your defeatist defeated attitude I mean if you want to continue to suffer and stay in the slow lane by all means. But if you’re fishing for sympathy and for someone to pick you up and fix you then do also want someone to make your money for you? Because they are more likely just to do that for themselves. Which is what you have to do. So instead of looking for validation and a kick in the butt from other people just kick yourself swiftly in the butt and give yourself a quick slap in the face and realize the only way you’re going to get on the Fastlane is if you get out of the slow lane and merge over. You are the one that has to learn how to drive in the Fastlane. Nobody is going to figure it out for you. Quit Lamenting your age and feeling sorry for yourself and realize today you are as young as you will ever be. Stop being your own human headwind bloviator.

Attachments

• A6186C31-1C84-41C5-9EAE-D3E4FC164C45.jpeg
    A6186C31-1C84-41C5-9EAE-D3E4FC164C45.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 15

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Congratulations, you’ve pissed me off and dumped about a truckload of fuel ⛽ onto my fire . I’m 37 and I would rather die than stay in the script. Everyday I tell myself I’m going to quit my job, but then I don’t. The truth is I only do about 3 to 4 hours of actual work and the rest of the time I’m riding in the work truck. I do pressure washing, and I make $100 a day. But until I figure out how to make more than that per day week month etc on average it’s probably gonna be hard to quit. Cash flow is cash flow. Anyway your argument is invalid. But your defeatist defeated attitude I mean if you want to continue to suffer and stay in the slow lane by all means. But if you’re fishing for sympathy and for someone to pick you up and fix you then do also want someone to make your money for you? Because they are more likely just to do that for themselves. Which is what you have to do. So instead of looking for validation and a kick in the butt from other people just kick yourself swiftly in the butt and give yourself a quick slap in the face and realize the only way you’re going to get on the Fastlane is if you get out of the slow lane and merge over. You are the one that has to learn how to drive in the Fastlane. Nobody is going to figure it out for you. Quit Lamenting your age and feeling sorry for yourself and realize today you are as young as you will ever be. Stop being your own human headwind bloviator.
Im 23 so this post doesnt even apply to me. A lot of people seem to misunderstand what im saying. Change is always possible at any age but it gets harder as you are older as you have more rationalizations. Look around you. 99% of people are miserable doing the same things over and over again. Quitting and failing at alost everything they are doing. Dabbling. No passion. This is the truth.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
@Nitrous If you got fuel from your fire here, that's great. Just please keep in mind the original poster is 23 and scared to tell anyone what he does for a living. Just offering a little perspective.

@Brian Suh I wonder how many "older" people you actually know. People in their late thirties aren't quitting everything they do. Most have responsibilities and responsibility at this age. Don't mistake risk averse for lack of passion. People in their late thirties have people who depend on them.

If we are misunderstanding what you are saying maybe it's because you are claiming a level of truth that you clearly know little about.

Besides it's hard to misinterpret the headline of this thread.

We are not misinterpreting. You are misspeaking. This is the truth.

You're young, it happens. Accept the feedback. Accept responsibility. Learn from it. Improve.

Or don't.

Life has a funny way of teaching everyone eventually.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
@Nitrous If you got fuel from your fire here, that's great. Just please keep in mind the original poster is 23 and scared to tell anyone what he does for a living. Just offering a little perspective.

@Brian Suh I wonder how many "older" people you actually know. People in their late thirties aren't quitting everything they do. Most have responsibilities and responsibility at this age. Don't mistake risk averse for lack of passion. People in their late thirties have people who depend on them.

If we are misunderstanding what you are saying maybe it's because you are claiming a level of truth that you clearly know little about.

Besides it's hard to misinterpret the headline of this thread.

We are not misinterpreting. You are misspeaking. This is the truth.

You're young, it happens. Accept the feedback. Accept responsibility. Learn from it. Improve.

Or don't.

Life has a funny way of teaching everyone eventually.
Why do thaey have those responsibilties? Did they choose them? They followed the "way" or a scripted life. They THOUGHT they needed that white picket fence house with the wife and 2.1 kids. Their soul was screaming for them to be an artist but the wife needs a new escalade so he became a doctor to finance their scripted life. This is 90% of people.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Im 23 so this post doesnt even apply to me. A lot of people seem to misunderstand what im saying. Change is always possible at any age but it gets harder as you are older as you have more rationalizations. Look around you. 99% of people are miserable doing the same things over and over again. Quitting and failing at alost everything they are doing. Dabbling. No passion. This is the truth.
I'm sure it looks that way from your perspective. The human brain continues to grow until you are about 25 years old and then the real fun begins.

When I was young, like you, I felt that I had no choices. I had to take the job I could find. I had to work long hours and an additional parttime job in order to make ends meet. I really wanted to go to college. Then I had to take out student loans, plus work just about full time, to pay the rent and get a monthly bus pass. (And I went back to school several times over the years.) Back then, I felt stuck and so alone in the world. My life was one endless painful experience. But, the only way I knew to change my realities was to work my way out of all of the situations. I had grown up in a tough home life, so I knew it was up to me to meet the world on its terms. All this happened way before women were given more equal rights and my wages were very low. BUT, some very good people took me under their wings and pointed me in the right direction. They were watching me struggle and they came to be my guides and mentors. I spent those long unhappy years praying that someday I would earn the right to have choices. To sum it up, I wouldn't go back to being young for anything.

Now, I say no several times before I say yes. Now my array of choices is simply dazzling. These are the days I dreamed about all those years ago. All that work, sweat, and tears were worth it. Yes, old dogs can learn new tricks. I think I'm younger now in my 60s than I was at 16 years old. And the best is yet to come. I find change to be easier the older I have become.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Why do thaey have those responsibilties? Did they choose them? They followed the "way" or a scripted life. They THOUGHT they needed that white picket fence house with the wife and 2.1 kids. Their soul was screaming for them to be an artist but the wife needs a new escalade so he became a doctor to finance their scripted life. This is 90% of people.

Well will you look at that. First you judged everyone over 35. A couple posts ago it was 99%. Now only 90%. Kudos to you for sounding more and more reasonable.

I almost feel bad pointing out that many doctors become fast-laners after 35 because school takes so darned long and then there's residency etc, and they spend years working for someone else, until finally get their own practice, invent something or build a real estate portfolio, etc. Seriously, doctors own a lot of patents. Doctor is literally one of the best ways to fastlane. Pediatric dentist, even better. Since you brought up doctor as your slow lane example, I thought the actual life of doctors might interest you.

Still, you totally made your point. I'm not misunderstanding you. A lot of slow laners. Older people make more rationalizations why they didn't do art. Screaming souls. Stay single, wives just hold you back because they're so greedy. 2.1 kids, a lot of mouths to feed. You have a big advantage being so young. Less than 12 years to make it, or else.

I'll just leave it there bud. This thread is every bit as ridiculous as others have said.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
I'm sure it looks that way from your perspective. The human brain continues to grow until you are about 25 years old and then the real fun begins.

When I was young, like you, I felt that I had no choices. I had to take the job I could find. I had to work long hours and an additional parttime job in order to make ends meet. I really wanted to go to college. Then I had to take out student loans, plus work just about full time, to pay the rent and get a monthly bus pass. (And I went back to school several times over the years.) Back then, I felt stuck and so alone in the world. My life was one endless painful experience. But, the only way I knew to change my realities was to work my way out of all of the situations. I had grown up in a tough home life, so I knew it was up to me to meet the world on its terms. All this happened way before women were given more equal rights and my wages were very low. BUT, some very good people took me under their wings and pointed me in the right direction. They were watching me struggle and they came to be my guides and mentors. I spent those long unhappy years praying that someday I would earn the right to have choices. To sum it up, I wouldn't go back to being young for anything.

Now, I say no several times before I say yes. Now my array of choices is simply dazzling. These are the days I dreamed about all those years ago. All that work, sweat, and tears were worth it. Yes, old dogs can learn new tricks. I think I'm younger now in my 60s than I was at 16 years old. And the best is yet to come. I find change to be easier the older I have become.
im happy for you.
Well will you look at that. First you judged everyone over 35. A couple posts ago it was 99%. Now only 90%. Kudos to you for sounding more and more reasonable.

I almost feel bad pointing out that many doctors become fast-laners after 35 because school takes so darned long and then there's residency etc, and they spend years working for someone else, until finally get their own practice, invent something or build a real estate portfolio, etc. Seriously, doctors own a lot of patents. Doctor is literally one of the best ways to fastlane. Pediatric dentist, even better. Since you brought up doctor as your slow lane example, I thought the actual life of doctors might interest you.

Still, you totally made your point. I'm not misunderstanding you. A lot of slow laners. Older people make more rationalizations why they didn't do art. Screaming souls. Stay single, wives just hold you back because they're so greedy. 2.1 kids, a lot of mouths to feed. You have a big advantage being so young. Less than 12 years to make it, or else.

I'll just leave it there bud. This thread is every bit as ridiculous as others have said.
Take it as you will. Have a good one.

Nitrous

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Sep 21, 2019
That may be your truth, but it’s not my truth. I really don’t think it matters. It sounds like you are trying to say that so that in some way you hope to motivate yourself to become successful before you hit 35. Just please stop talking because you aren’t doing anything but pissing me off. At this point I can tell you that nothing you say is not going to piss me off because of who you are on the inside. Stop saying that such and such is the truth when you have no idea what you are saying. Go and read the autobiography of Colonel Sanders of KFC. You are just wrong period. Stop speaking in broad sweeping generalizations. Stop assuming that what you are saying is true. The mark of an educated mind is the ability to entertain a thought without accepting it. Youth is wasted on the young. Whenever you’re commenting on the Internet pretend you are talking to someone face to face irl.

Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Whut.

Don't forget engineering and finance.

Back to OP's bashing on 'choices', I wouldn't like to bash them 100% for picking the picket fence lifestyle and all that, just simply because they have a different life story than mine.

And their life story may not be right or wrong for me.

Here's how I realised it:

Last semester, around this year, I went to see my Corporate Finance lecturer during consultation hours to ask some questions on Capital Structure (or was it Bonds or Debt Costs?)

The guy was a rather stubborn, stiff fellow during lectures, but in consultation sessions, he was great at breaking down the formulas and explaining it all out.

Once we were done, I realised I forgot to note down the next class quiz's time and date from the earlier lecture, so I asked him again for it.

My prof chuckled, and started writing a draft note to inform the students on the date and time of the quiz- to put on our Moodle. Apparently one too many kids also forgot to note the time down in the lecture.

'You don't want to email everyone?' I asked.

'No, some won't open to check emails.' he grunted. Then he started grumbling on 'kids that don't put in their best' and 'parents who come to see me because their kids couldn't pass corporate finance'.

For some reasons, the conversation shifted to him telling his LIFE STORY.

My finance prof grew up in a family so poor, that he was afraid that if he failed his high school exams, he would have to go out to work as a kid.

Fortunately, he passed, and went on to get a scholarship under a company bond.

Unfortunately, the company went bust- he graduated, but had nowhere to work.

So, he went to start a curry business with some friends, and it did relatively well.

But his mother scolded him for not making the optimal use of his formal education....I can understand that if my kid studied tough engineering, only to end up working at Starbucks.

So he went to pursue further education, did his Masters and PhD.

While he was doing all that, he taught night classes to make ends meet.

In her first teaching job, my prof earned like just a few grand...below minimum wage!
Yet, he made it, hopped from one job opportunity after another, and today, he's teaching in Monash University here in Malaysia, having taught Finance for 20 years.

Throughout his story, I didn't care as to whether he had a gazillion bucks in his account, or whether he is a Fastlaner or not.

I just admired how someone like my prof could work his way up, make the most use of what he had, and do well in life.

I believe he must be in his 60s to 70s by now.

Go and read the autobiography of Colonel Sanders of KFC.
I would also suggest reading up on Jack Ma, and Chinese Premier Xi Jinping.

Why Xi? Isn't he the 'antagonistic' side of the trade war?

Yeah, maybe.

But here's the Premier's background, Sparknotes version:
- his father got purged during the Chinese cultural revolution, his mum forced to publicly denounce the dad, and one of sisters killed

-Xi got sent to a rural area, lived in a cave

-He tried to escape, but got caught and sent to a work camp to dig ditches

-Tried to join the Communist Party, and failed 10 times, finally succeeding on the tenth
(not very different from Jack Ma's KFC bids)

-Spent much of his life doing well in his various political positions, be it a deputy position, a party chief or Committee member, and move up the ranks the good ol' fashioned way.

I'm heavily simplifying things here...Xi had so many past roles in the different Chinese provinces that had him do a lot of public policy, resource management and other stuff....very unlike some politicians in the US and in my own country who somehow get the position without putting in the hard work in their past portfolios. You can read up on him...

I feel this quote best summarizes Xi:
From Wikipedia:

Former prime minister of Singapore, Lee Kuan Yew, when asked about Xi, said he felt he was "a thoughtful man who has gone through many trials and tribulations". Lee also commented: "I would put him in the Nelson Mandela class of persons. A person with enormous emotional stability who does not allow his personal misfortunes or sufferings affect his judgment. In other words, he is impressive"

And today...with Xi in charge of China, the guy's done quite a lot of work, the trade war bashing aside.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Let’s be real, can you make it when your past 35? Now I KNOW what more then the majority of this site will say. “Of course you can! There are so many examples! You can do anything you set your mind to!”

The reality is that one’s youth is HIGHLY HIGHLY influential in the direction of one’s life. Take a guy who got bullied since pre school. He will grow up thinking he is unlovable. This will cause him to not try in anything. This will then further reinforce his low value even further creating a downward spiral. Can he fix this? Of course. And many have. But some won’t. And those that didn’t receive that negative feedback will have a major advantage.
Yeah life is tough. We're not dealt fair cards. Some of us are bullied. Some of us are born in a wheelchair. Some are born without arms and legs. Like this guy:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJnJ_fTYofQ

So what? Those difficulties don't have to stop you from having a good attitude and trying to get closer to your dreams. You have a choice. You can be upset and close yourself crying in your bedroom, or you can go out there and do something - whatever you think will get you closer to your dreams.

And in truth, those difficulties define you. Because you were bullied in school, you have a lot of value to offer to those who suffer from bullying today. Imagine... there's a lot of $$$$ out there in this.

The same with any skill. If you are 6’7 and want to join the NBA at 31 you have no shot. The guy who was 6’7 and wanted to join the NBA since 7 will outclass you 10000%.
Yeah, probably. But I doubt most people who want to make a living out of Basketball actually DO want to make the sacrifices required to get into NBA. Likewise, most people here don't probably want to become billionaires.

Let’s be honest. How many that start (key word start) at 35 actually make it?
Why does it matter? All that matters is are you one of them?

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
This is as if someone who just started hitting the gym at 35 will be in the same shape as someone who has been hitting the gym hard at 12. By the time the guy is 25 he will have a better body then the guy at 35 even if he turns 55 and works out 20 years.
Yeah, assuming they both work as hard and are as determined, you're right. So what? You don't have to have the best body in the world to be in top 0.1% of sexy bodies... The guy who started at 35 will probably have other advantages compared to the guy who started at 12 - he spent his previous time in a different way. Again, I don't see what your point is.

You can pursue your dream regardless of your age. Nothing but your lack of determination can hold you back. This is so idiotic... why do you even care what kind of success OTHER PEOPLE achieve? You should care about YOUR success, and compare yourself with who you were yesterday, not with others. How does it affect you if individual X is more successful than you at a particular goal you both have? Do you enjoy your own success less or what?

KAA

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Aug 6, 2018
Virginia, USA

FYI some of my best clients are doctors who have built their practices into Fastlane businesses in which they don't even treat patients anymore (or only work when they want to) or have used the money they've made to invest in real estate, hotels or other Fastlane businesses. It's a path that can take more time, but once they reach critical mass with their business model or investments they've made with their slow lane income they can live the lives they want. Yes, it would be ideal to start a Fastlane business and become rich in one's youth, but I firmly believe it is never too late. In this community we should be supportive of each other and encourage members to work to achieve their dreams no matter how old they are. Stop sowing doubt in others! We get enough of that from people outside of our community who don't understand what we're trying to achieve!

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Didn't Larry Ellison start around 35? I mean who cares though, he's only Larry Ellison

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
im happy for you.

Take it as you will. Have a good one.
But, are we who replied giving you a different perspective?
My sister-in-law was turning 60. She asked me how I felt when I had that birthday. (I admit. I'm a couple of years her senior.) We went on our knees, in the woods, picking wild berries at that moment. I sat up, laughed and told that I felt fabulous. She looked at me in total disbelief and shock, because she was feeling bad about her coming birthday. I continued to laugh while I reminded her, "The alternative is pretty permanent, don't you think?" She was stunned by my answer. She had never thought about the fact that the only alternative to aging is death. And she a nurse practitioner. She had just never applied her education to herself. Finally, we laughed together as she thought about it.

Like it or not, you're either going to age or you're going to die. There are only two outcomes. Dying is the easy-out of all of your living pains. That's why you see so many mired in self-destructive behaviors. The real challenge is to create and maintain an interesting and productive life over your years. Time is a gift to be well spent -- not a burden. The measure of who you are is wrapped up in how you spend that precious time.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Time is a gift to be well spent -- not a burden. The measure of who you are is wrapped up in how you spend that precious time.

Everybody read that again...

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
452%
Mar 15, 2018

I see where you are coming from, Brian. It is a valid argument and you are not wrong. The problem is that no matter what age you are, entrepreneurs are the minority. By definition, many have to fail so that the few that succeed do so by being different from those who failed. Survivorship bias creeps in too. But the biggest problem with what you are saying is simple: just because you have less to lose when you are younger (and therefore you are prepared to take "risks") does not correlate with business success. There are fewer people in their late 30s and 40s starting new businesses than in their 20s, but I challenge you to show me statistical evidence that shows success rate comparison between the two groups. For every 1,000 in the 20s, how many create a net worth of $5M within 5 years? Now do that same for those who are in their late 30s and then we can discuss your opinion with facts on hand. I don't know the answer, but as a business owner who gets asked "should I become an entrepreneur?" my answer is always "no". I do this because anyone who is rational is likely to do better as employee, it is the irrational mavericks who break all the rules, read books like MJ's Fastlane and obsess about solving problems that have not been solved by others before. The statistics behind success are terrible, it seems grit is as good a predictor as any.

I'll end my comment with this - kudos to you for starting a thread that rallied all the real and "want to be" entrepreneurs. This is exactly what people need to dig deep and ask the right questions about their own lives.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
giphy.gif

Paul Schuyler

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Aug 7, 2016
The Woodlands, TX
Let’s be real, can you make it when your past 35? Now I KNOW what more then the majority of this site will say. “Of course you can! There are so many examples! You can do anything you set your mind to!”

The reality is that one’s youth is HIGHLY HIGHLY influential in the direction of one’s life. Take a guy who got bullied since pre school. He will grow up thinking he is unlovable. This will cause him to not try in anything. This will then further reinforce his low value even further creating a downward spiral. Can he fix this? Of course. And many have. But some won’t. And those that didn’t receive that negative feedback will have a major advantage.

The same with any skill. If you are 6’7 and want to join the NBA at 31 you have no shot. The guy who was 6’7 and wanted to join the NBA since 7 will outclass you 10000%.

I think the same could be with entrepreneurship or with anything. The younger you are the more positive reference experience you will get which will further reinforce your level of output and energy to get the result. The upward spiral of awesomeness. The opposite holds true as well.

Let’s be honest. How many that start (key word start) at 35 actually make it?

He IS absolutely right, and those who agree with him ARE absolutely right.

Luckily most of us are not in that group!

Nitrous

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Sep 21, 2019
I’ll say this. In the same way you can say what you want about older people, I can say what I want about younger people. And everyone is different. But I would say that ok well first off it doesn’t matter what gets you in the Fastlane, if you get there yeah I want to hear your story. What I don’t want to hear is how you think someone is not going to get there. If your goal was to infuriate someone, well you got me, congrats. The fact that you would waste your time talking about how someone or why they wouldn’t you can’t get on the Fastlane gives us clues into your time valuation, beliefs, and whatever else, but the point is who the hell cares? No one. I mean it’s a waste of time to sit there and talk about why someone’s car could get in the ditch and how, or how the car got in the ditch, ok yeah whatever now how are they going to get the car out of the ditch, maybe they like the ditch. Back to my earlier thought about younger people. Many younger people have not sufficiently suffered at the hands of hell such as is a multiplicity of jobs which the English language is incapable of describing but the closest thing I can think of is miserable and abhorrent. Or maybe it’s just me that’s hated most of the jobs I’ve had. But a younger person hasn’t endured the grueling slog of destitution that is half a life wasted because you were unknowingly brainwashed by the system into a matrix of a script you didn’t know existed by people you thought had your best interests in mind and it turns out they were just validating there themselves and there own lives in the matrix of there script so they could feel good or better about themselves whether they knew this is what they were doing or not. You see, the truth I think is that no one gives a shit about anyone else really, I think everyone is selfish at the core of they drill down deep enough, and this does not make anyone a bad person, we can’t even help it. I think it’s important to realize this so that we can break away from even our own thinking. This is necessary I believe in order to find the truth or at least see the facts and the reality. Once we come to this place we can begin to consciously create our own reality going forward. There is nothing quite as infuriating as half a life wasted with another half to go, and it is a hell of a turning point. Something snapped inside me while I was surface cleaning driveways listening to The Millionaire Fastlane , and Unscripted , and I will never be the same, I can not be the same. I took the red pill. There’s no going back. I wouldn’t trade anything in my past or change it because it’s a certain concoction of ingredients that have to be obtained, measured, mixed, and cooked at just the right temperature for just the right amount of time. Of course everyone has there own dish, it’s just that some people’s dish has more calories in it to fuel there execution.

Attachments

• F83FC368-4B07-49A2-926A-8A08C03BC60E.png
    F83FC368-4B07-49A2-926A-8A08C03BC60E.png
    981.4 KB · Views: 2

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
If you have that attitude it is not worth trying.

The truth is you are not going to know what you can do unless you try. But with a bad attitude your life will become its own self fulfilling prophecy.
Spoken like a true prodigy

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Congratulations, you’ve pissed me off and dumped about a truckload of fuel ⛽ onto my fire . I’m 37 and I would rather die than stay in the script. Everyday I tell myself I’m going to quit my job, but then I don’t. The truth is I only do about 3 to 4 hours of actual work and the rest of the time I’m riding in the work truck. I do pressure washing, and I make $100 a day. But until I figure out how to make more than that per day week month etc on average it’s probably gonna be hard to quit. Cash flow is cash flow. Anyway your argument is invalid. But your defeatist defeated attitude I mean if you want to continue to suffer and stay in the slow lane by all means. But if you’re fishing for sympathy and for someone to pick you up and fix you then do also want someone to make your money for you? Because they are more likely just to do that for themselves. Which is what you have to do. So instead of looking for validation and a kick in the butt from other people just kick yourself swiftly in the butt and give yourself a quick slap in the face and realize the only way you’re going to get on the Fastlane is if you get out of the slow lane and merge over. You are the one that has to learn how to drive in the Fastlane. Nobody is going to figure it out for you. Quit Lamenting your age and feeling sorry for yourself and realize today you are as young as you will ever be. Stop being your own human headwind bloviator.

So you work for a company and make $100 a day? So it sounds very easy to atleast boost your pay.... what is stopping you from getting pressure washing jobs and making $300 a day? Well, I know what is stopping you but why are YOU letting YOU stop YOU? They aren't the only ones who can get those jobs ya know.....

Nitrous

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Sep 21, 2019
So you work for a company and make $100 a day? So it sounds very easy to atleast boost your pay.... what is stopping you from getting pressure washing jobs and making $300 a day? Well, I know what is stopping you but why are YOU letting YOU stop YOU? They aren't the only ones who can get those jobs ya know.....

I thought about that already and analyzed it in great detail. It’s an option. But I can make way more money as a business consultant which is the direction I’m preparing to go atm.

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
Op already changed his mind a few months ago. Let this annoying thread die

Attachments

• CDeUCc0.jpg
    CDeUCc0.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
the american mindset doesn't really understand that the real assets ( the next you , the new life , whatever ) need time to blossom

people think this is a good idea to look for the next 15 years old kid making millions

the universe doesn't think so

in some esoteric circles, nobody is allowed to read sacred texts until he is at least 40

because youth equals stupidity

the tarot explains that life is a journey and you can't really skip the work with any fastlane idea

what's the point of the fastlane idea ? to be free in 5 years?

but what will you do with your free time ?

you are not a job slave anymore .ok

but you are now a TV slave or a forum slave

so this is not what life wants you to do at all

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!