The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Let’s be real: If you're over 35, you don't have a chance.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
the american mindset doesn't really understand that the real assets ( the next you , the new life , whatever ) need time to blossom

people think this is a good idea to look for the next 15 years old kid making millions

the universe doesn't think so

in some esoteric circles, nobody is allowed to read sacred texts until he is at least 40

because youth equals stupidity

View attachment 28641

the tarot explains that life is a journey and you can't really skip the work with any fastlane idea

View attachment 28642

what's the point of the fastlane idea ? to be free in 5 years?

but what will you do with your free time ?

you are not a job slave anymore .ok

but you are now a TV slave or a forum slave

so this is not what life wants you to do at all

This individual has been removed from the forum. He was asked several times to INTERACT with the forum but refuses. Instead he just posts his drive-by nonsense and leaves. He wants us to be his one-way audience, like a politician who stands at the podium and talks, but refuses to take questions. He talks at us as if we are lemmings and fools, and then leaves.

Additionally his individual has already self-banned himself TWICE. The third time I will do it for him.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
the american mindset doesn't really understand that the real assets ( the next you , the new life , whatever ) need time to blossom

people think this is a good idea to look for the next 15 years old kid making millions

in some esoteric circles, nobody is allowed to read sacred texts until he is at least 40

View attachment 28641

the tarot explains that life is a journey and you can't really skip the work with any fastlane idea

View attachment 28642

That's a serious question. What will you do with your time when you no longer must work for the money to support yourself? Success, coupled with aging, intensifies who you are and what you are. If you were a greedy, nasty person, the addition of money and time makes you worse. You will become a pile of unhappy, angry poop. If you were a loving, kind person -- money and time give you a chance to become a force for good in your world. It will not only help to create your own happiness -- but then translate to those around you. Abe Lincoln said that everyone deserves their face at 50. Your life is written in the lines in your face. Look at the people who are 50+ around you and read their faces. Do they have the print of smile lines or have their faces fallen into a map of unhappy frown lines? Every human must have a purpose for getting up in the morning. I want to use my success to make good causes for myself and the people around me.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What will you do with your time when you no longer must work for the money to support yourself?

Sorry but he doesn't take questions. Nor does he answer them. He posts and then expects you to assimiliate the information, no questions asked, no dialogue, no interaction.

He's gone.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018

View attachment 28641

View attachment 28642

what did I just read xD

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Sorry but he doesn't take questions. Nor does he answer them. He posts and then expects you to assimiliate the information, no questions asked, no dialogue, no interaction.

He's gone.
OK. How about you, MJ? How do you answer that question?

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
By the way I hope my post doesn’t spread negativity. It’s just meant to spark a sense of urgency which all of us need as death consumes us all so we might as well go for it regardless. Change is possible at ANY age. But it gets harder to change someone’s mind the older they are. Think of your uncle or aunt who has a drinking or smoking problem. They know it’s bad but they won’t stop? Why? Momentum. Rationalizations. Coping mechanisms. These things all build as you get older. People don’t want to hear it but whatever. I laid my thoughts out.

IlseVdG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jul 28, 2019
Belgium
Change is possible at ANY age. But it gets harder to change someone’s mind the older they are.

Nice turn from "you don't have a chance". Now, keep it that way. ;)

It might be harder, or better: seem harder. But the truth is: everything is possible. It's what we tell ourselves, that's in the way. And you just did your part in correcting what we might think to ourselves (unconsciously), by giving us a chance to react and speak up about this. So, in a way, you're right. But you're also not right. :)

I enjoyed this thread, was even moved by some reactions. Thank you!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
This individual has been removed from the forum. He was asked several times to INTERACT with the forum but refuses. Instead he just posts his drive-by nonsense and leaves. He wants us to be his one-way audience, like a politician who stands at the podium and talks, but refuses to take questions. He talks at us as if we are lemmings and fools, and then leaves.

Additionally his individual has already self-banned himself TWICE. The third time I will do it for him.
It’s funny, but I feel a bit sad.

His posts were a lot better when they were more grounded with Eben Pagan and the others.

View attachment 28641

View attachment 28642

As rough and unpolished this statement seems, I take it to mean that youth is better spent doing the small things to build up to the bigger plays in life.

I guess it’s reasonable, considering that the kids have to spend time to throw off poor habits from school or parents, before they can truly flourish in later adulthood.

Some take less time to move up, others, more.

Fastlane for me is to keep improving yourself, physically, mentally, emotionally and financially, and a good ground for that is entrepreneurship- you get to see the markets and the world to learn from.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
OK. How about you, MJ? How do you answer that question?

I'm doing it. And living it. Writing, contributing, and living my purpose.

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Nov 19, 2019
A cornfield in the Midwest
That's a serious question. What will you do with your time when you no longer must work for the money to support yourself?

I have a lot of answers to this question--the most amusing (to me, anyway) is that when I no longer have to spend any time at all writing for money, I will be able to spend more money writing other things.

But, to a great degree, the question has already been answered for me. Though I do work for a living, I don't work full-time hours and I do it entirely on my own schedule. Sometimes that means doing something else all day and working 5-10 p.m. Sometimes, I work a couple of hours in the morning and then take several hours off and circle back in the late afternoon for another couple of hours. Some days, I don't work at all.

Here's what I've found: I always knew that I wanted more freedom to work on my own projects, and to travel, and to do volunteer work, and that has all been great. But the very best thing I've found about this freedom is the flexibility to be responsive to the people in my life (and, often, strangers).

As I mentioned in another thread, my young adult daughter is starting up a business. If she hits a wall and needs a brainstorming session or has an event she needs to prepare for, I'm always able to pitch in as needed. I can drive 225 miles to go to grandparents' day at my grandsons' school. I'm virtually never in a hurry, and that opens up a world of possibilities...if someone drops a bag of groceries in the parking lot when I'm leaving the store, I can stop and help pick them up and hopefully change the mood of that moment without anxiously checking my watch or wondering how someone is going to respond to me being delayed. When (actual example) an elderly man I've never seen before in my life responds to my passing, "How are you?" in my local diner with a long tale about how he's been struggling with shingles, I can stop moving and listen to his story and offer encouragement. When newbie writers in freelancing forums send me messages that start out, "I know you're busy and I hope you don't mind me writing to you, but I have a question about..." I'm NOT too busy to respond.

It's a small thing compared with many of the goals I see among entrepreneurs, but for me the biggest benefit associated with buying back my time has been never feeling like I have to de-prioritize opportunities to make a difference in someone else's day, or week, or life trajectory.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

Thank you.

William Ainslie

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Dec 13, 2016
South Africa
Really??

You are using age to compare a person trying to get into the NBA to a person trying to start business. The NBA requires physical exertion So when you match up against younger people an old person will not have a chance due to age.

Business is all about your brain. It has nothing to do with age. You are just making excuses again.

Most people who were on this forum 10 years ago did not even think about starting a business until they were way past 35.

So if you want us to be real with you, I don’t think you have a shot in business. And it’s not due to your age it’s due to your mentality.

Thank you for this message, I'm 40 and not delusional, and am following a process to make the Fastlane work past the age of 40.

Succeeding at the endeavour does not prove that age is a factor, it proves that mindset and action works.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.