The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Learning to make an app

Mugen09

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 5, 2020
United States, NY
Does anyone know where I can start to learn to build an app. I have multiple app ideas but have no idea what goes into making one. Does anyone know of a good place to start learning abt building an app

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

centje

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 15, 2020
Netherlands
Does anyone know where I can start to learn to build an app. I have multiple app ideas but have no idea what goes into making one. Does anyone know of a good place to start learning abt building an app

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland

Yes indeed! I’m an indie app dev. who’s learning everything the hard way.

The first thing I’d say is don’t build an app until you have some kind of concrete market validation. It’s almost guaranteed someone’s already doing your idea via app or web.

The second thing I’d say is be very wary of ALL developers as it’s really hard to find one who won’t charge you 10x the cost of the work or rip you off entirely.

The third thing I’d say is making the app is only 10% of the battle. Marketing is the key and it’s my Achilles heel at present as just making apps is taking all of my limited time and resources.

Feel free to PM me and read some of my previous posts... and don’t worry about sharing your ideas... making a successful app is a marathon and 99% of people are sprinters... :peace:

Last edited:

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
What kind of app are you looking to make?

Mugen09

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 5, 2020
United States, NY
What kind of app are you looking to make?
I have a couple e commerce ideas but I also have an idea that people can loan other people there personal money with interest. The interest would be less thank banks but we would also take credit scores from like credit karma.so it doesn't ding there credit.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I have a couple e commerce ideas but I also have an idea that people can loan other people there personal money with interest. The interest would be less thank banks but we would also take credit scores from like credit karma.so it doesn't ding there credit.
Do you have any domain experience for either app ideas?

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Nope I have alot to learn
Hmm, well dont throw yourself in your ideas yet.
Without domain experience or development experience you`ll fail 100%, and we dont want that.
There should be at least a slim chance of succeeding.

If you are deadset on learning how to code, then Udemy is a good place to start.
Check this thread: EXECUTION - F*ck it, i'm learning to code
Also by app, I`m not sure exectly what you mean, but here you can get a better idea of what an "app" is and how to get started: Native, Web or Hybrid Apps? What's The Difference?

Mugen09

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 5, 2020
United States, NY
Hmm, well dont throw yourself in your ideas yet.
Without domain experience or development experience you`ll fail 100%, and we dont want that.
There should be at least a slim chance of succeeding.

If you are deadset on learning how to code, then Udemy is a good place to start.
Check this thread: EXECUTION - F*ck it, i'm learning to code
Also by app, I`m not sure exectly what you mean, but here you can get a better idea of what an "app" is and how to get started: Native, Web or Hybrid Apps? What's The Difference?
Thank you and everyone else who had input. Rn I'm just trying to learn and see where it can take me. I'm interested in internet things since it could reach so many ppl. Currently I've made a prototype for a product. And I'm gonna paint it and ask for others input on how to make it better and how I could make it appeal to more ppl

FBA-N-SEO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 16, 2020
New York -- New York
I'd highly recommend searching for "What is (App Name)'s architecture?" in google. The language / tools you learn to use will have a large effect on how easy the app is to make. If you're hoping to make apps in a similar space, you'd be pretty surprised how quickly you can get up to speed on a tech stack.

Also, don't try to do everything yourself. E.x. there is no reason to spend two months learning server side authentication when you can just have Firebase do it.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Just an afterthought: You can get some good feedback on your idea from these before you spend a lot of time, energy and money on an app:

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.