The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Learning how to live the Fastlane lifestyle!

MikeCan2

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Sep 16, 2020
San Antonio, TX
Hello everyone!

My name is Michael. I’m 32 years old and have been a Sidewalker for most of my life. I grew up following the advice, “Find a job you love, and you will never work a day in your life.” I never really had financial goals or dreams, and the idea of making millions was never on my radar (which I can say didn’t quite please the Father-in-law!). The only way I saw of making it big in life was if I got some lucky break... which I had no clue how that would even happen…

Then, about three years ago, I turned onto the Slowlane. My wife and I joined a financial course from a Slowlane radio show guru that hooked me since it was the first time I felt like I had some real financial direction in my life. Over the next few years, my wife and I did our best to follow that advice.

*****It might be helpful to know that my wife is an entrepreneur and has owned her own business for the past 6 years. Due to my Sidewalk mindsets though, that life never interested me nor made sense to me. I would also add that she wasn’t too thrilled about the Slowlane plan but did agree with some of the initial goals like get out of debt and build an emergency fund. The past three years we have excelled financially and accomplished several financial goals. Originally, I thought it was because of the Slowlane plan; but now as I look back on all of it, I see that we actually accomplished everything we did because of my wife’s business… I was just blind to it at the time.*****

Fast-forward to 4 months ago, and my Slowlane mindsets were completely shaken! Interestingly, the person that introduced us to the Slowlane course, recommended an entrepreneur book he came across. The book exposed the Slowlane and endorsed entrepreneurship. My mindsets began to change and my interest in entrepreneurship ignited. I was eager to begin learning more. As I researched how to spot business opportunities, I came across an article that mentioned a chapter from The Millionaire Fastlane that discussed a method to do just that (Chapter 36 Find Your Open Road). The method intrigued me, and I began reading book summaries of TMF to learn more. During that time, I also came across this Forum and began pouring over many of the gold and notable threads to learn as much as I could.

Two weeks ago, I came across a thread discussing the Fastlane INSIDERS and it very much piqued my interest. Knowing the requirement to join is to read either TMF or Unscripted , I purchased TMF to begin reading it. I can say whatever attachments I was still holding onto from the Slowlane were completely dismantled after reading TMF (I was actually quite disgusted with the Slowlane by the middle of the book). For the first time ever, I see the Fastlane lifestyle as a possibility in my life! TMF and this Forum have given me tremendous insight on how to begin living that lifestyle and what new mindsets I need to adopt. I am currently working on strengthening my problem solving “muscle” by helping others solve their problems while keeping an eye out for those solutions that can lead to a Fastlane opportunity.

I am very grateful to be a part of this Forum! I look forward to being able to contribute and add value to others here as I grow and live the Fastlane lifestyle!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
I am very grateful to be a part of this Forum! I look forward to being able to contribute and add value to others here as I grow and live the Fastlane lifestyle!

You got this Mike.

Time to kick some a$$ and start hustling!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Hello everyone!

My name is Michael. I’m 32 years old and have been a Sidewalker for most of my life. I grew up following the advice, “Find a job you love, and you will never work a day in your life.” I never really had financial goals or dreams, and the idea of making millions was never on my radar (which I can say didn’t quite please the Father-in-law!). The only way I saw of making it big in life was if I got some lucky break... which I had no clue how that would even happen…

Then, about three years ago, I turned onto the Slowlane. My wife and I joined a financial course from a Slowlane radio show guru that hooked me since it was the first time I felt like I had some real financial direction in my life. Over the next few years, my wife and I did our best to follow that advice.

*****It might be helpful to know that my wife is an entrepreneur and has owned her own business for the past 6 years. Due to my Sidewalk mindsets though, that life never interested me nor made sense to me. I would also add that she wasn’t too thrilled about the Slowlane plan but did agree with some of the initial goals like get out of debt and build an emergency fund. The past three years we have excelled financially and accomplished several financial goals. Originally, I thought it was because of the Slowlane plan; but now as I look back on all of it, I see that we actually accomplished everything we did because of my wife’s business… I was just blind to it at the time.*****

Fast-forward to 4 months ago, and my Slowlane mindsets were completely shaken! Interestingly, the person that introduced us to the Slowlane course, recommended an entrepreneur book he came across. The book exposed the Slowlane and endorsed entrepreneurship. My mindsets began to change and my interest in entrepreneurship ignited. I was eager to begin learning more. As I researched how to spot business opportunities, I came across an article that mentioned a chapter from The Millionaire Fastlane that discussed a method to do just that (Chapter 36 Find Your Open Road). The method intrigued me, and I began reading book summaries of TMF to learn more. During that time, I also came across this Forum and began pouring over many of the gold and notable threads to learn as much as I could.

Two weeks ago, I came across a thread discussing the Fastlane INSIDERS and it very much piqued my interest. Knowing the requirement to join is to read either TMF or Unscripted , I purchased TMF to begin reading it. I can say whatever attachments I was still holding onto from the Slowlane were completely dismantled after reading TMF (I was actually quite disgusted with the Slowlane by the middle of the book). For the first time ever, I see the Fastlane lifestyle as a possibility in my life! TMF and this Forum have given me tremendous insight on how to begin living that lifestyle and what new mindsets I need to adopt. I am currently working on strengthening my problem solving “muscle” by helping others solve their problems while keeping an eye out for those solutions that can lead to a Fastlane opportunity.

Emulating successful companies is a potential start, lots to learn, welcome!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Awesome intro, what kind of business does the wife do? You plan to join her, or start your own ventures?

MikeCan2

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Sep 16, 2020
San Antonio, TX
Awesome intro, what kind of business does the wife do? You plan to join her, or start your own ventures?

My wife’s business helps other small businesses market and sell their products. She does this by providing them a sales team she trains up and oversees.

We are currently in talks right now around what it would look like for me to join with her or start my own venture…so haven’t quite decided just yet. I’m leaning more towards starting my own that might be able to partner with her’s in the future. There are definitely pros and cons to each. However, a big pro I have seen to either direction I go is her excitement in the conversations! We have been married for 8 years and this is the first time I have ever talked about starting a business, which is something she has been passionate about ever since I’ve known her. Needless to say, it’s been nice to come into a unity around this. I would have never thought this change in mindset would have created another level of closeness in our relationship!

Thank you MJ!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...