The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Lead gen idea (IT Consulting)

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Oct 20, 2012
Not sure it would work.

Why not just go to a trusted source ?

Why would I risk $5k or 10k to hire someone you recommend via your lead gen website VS going to someone recommended to me by a trusted source?

Though if there's no local trusted source that provides that services in Norway then you could become that authority - give a go and see if there's any demand for it.

OP
OP
Sandy Dives

Sandy Dives

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 8, 2020
Norway
Not sure it would work.

Why not just go to a trusted source ?

Why would I risk $5k or 10k to hire someone you recommend via your lead gen website VS going to someone recommended to me by a trusted source?
Fair point.

I guess the value I can provide here is that I've worked for multiple companies and I know what to look for given a certain description + they can of course receive multiple offers from different companies at the same time and compare solutions, prices and customer feedback.

Since I know a lot of consultancies in the IT industry push for projects they don't really know how to build just to make money which often results in higher prices, longer deadlines, bad solutions etc.

I know if someone would have asked me for a complex custom website with some specific functionality there are some consultancies I would recommend and some I wouldn't despite the fact that they would all say they could do it if it makes sense.

It's great with feedback. This was just an idea that popped in my head some time ago and I've been thinking about a little.

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 20, 2012
Fair point.

I guess the value I can provide here is that I've worked for multiple companies and I know what to look for given a certain description + they can of course receive multiple offers from different companies at the same time and compare solutions, prices and customer feedback.

Since I know a lot of consultancies in the IT industry push for projects they don't really know how to build just to make money which often results in higher prices, longer deadlines, bad solutions etc.

I know if someone would have asked me for a complex custom website with some specific functionality there are some consultancies I would recommend and some I wouldn't despite the fact that they would all say they could do it if it makes sense.

It's great with feedback. This was just an idea that popped in my head some time ago and I've been thinking about a little.
That would be useful, if you could pre-vet the providers, know their strength and only allow them to put a bid in if they are capable of doing a great job.

Test the business mode. It might have some potential!!!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Their existing clients could leave testimonials but they would have to be real clients that would be willing to have people contact them for additional questions and/or validation.

MrTrash757

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 31, 2020
Grand Rapids, MI
Ooo, this is a major selling point to me. This is a MASSIVE issue in the Salesforce consulting world, I can only imagine how bad it is in IT.

Good news-> These companies are starting to get hit hard due to COVID, so it may be easier for you to pre-vet people than before.

Sandy Dives

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 8, 2020
Norway
Hi fastlaners.

I work in the IT industry as a web developer currently and I've been thinking about a lead gen website.

The website would be a way for bigger companies to find the right consultancy for their project, whether it's a web app, mobile app, website or bigger projects like a dedicated system.

Revenue would come from leads, but I figure they could be priced well since most of the projects are big / heavily priced.

The website would be a form they could fill out, then a simple dashboard or maybe even completely email based to receive offers.

I could even offer workshops perhaps to further develop a description of what they need and receive accurate offers.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
Sandy Dives

Sandy Dives

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 8, 2020
Norway
Ooo, this is a major selling point to me. This is a MASSIVE issue in the Salesforce consulting world, I can only imagine how bad it is in IT.

Good news-> These companies are starting to get hit hard due to COVID, so it may be easier for you to pre-vet people than before.
Did you prove the concept already?
Nope

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Seems valuable to me, why not just go to Upwork or some other freelancer website? Or are we talking something on more of an industrial scale?

OP
OP
Sandy Dives

Sandy Dives

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 8, 2020
Norway
Seems valuable to me, why not just go to Upwork or some other freelancer website? Or are we talking something on more of an industrial scale?
Certainly industrial. All though, I don't know if anyone would use the service since most big companies have a "product manager" set to do these sort of things.

I have a contact in a company (product manager) that I did some consulting for last year, perhaps contacting her and getting her to answer a couple of questions like "how did you find what consultancy to use" etc is a good start at testing the idea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Hi guys, I repost here my old review with a small update : Feb 2020 : Hi guys, Just wanted...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock