The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Launching digital attendance software during C0VlD-19?

ElliotBoucher

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
500%
Oct 23, 2020
Hey @GatsbyMag,

Elliot, co-founder of Edusign here!

Let me explain how that works for us in a few words.

In France (and in other European countries), signatures are very often mandatory when attending a training course.
Most training courses are not directly paid for by the people attending them.
Thus, the official organizations only give the funds when there is a signature... that means a lot of money at stakes.

Moreover, our customer experience is 10x better than what you would get with a Google Sheet or other solutions.

Finally, we allow training organizations to save (a lot) of time, thanks to the connection with their existing software, and we had a verification and anti-fraud layer.

That's why we can bill a few cents for a signature. With millions of signatures, that makes some money at the end.

Connect with me on Linkedin if you want to chat more.

Best,
Elliot

PS : I'm 21, not 19 :)

dario

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 14, 2012
What do you guys think? Am I not understanding the problem they solve as thoroughly?

GDPR is taken seriously in EU.
Saving all personal data of young students (mostly data relating to their religion because some students can't have Pork in their school lunch, and health to track all Covid related events) in Google Drive is not something School Administrators are willing to do

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
I recently listened to an interview by one of the CEO's of a company called EduSign.

EduSign is a SaaS that makes 'attendance sheets' management simple online.

The CEO is about 19 years old and the company is generating $27.8k per month with over 300 users.

I'm fascinated by a number of opportunities opening up as a result of the pandemic. One of the industries I thought would be heavily impacted is Education. However there haven't seem to be many innovations within education recently. I think it's good to be informed of stories of how such companies seize upon opportunities within a crisis, at the very least it gives inspiration and at most, an idea of how one could thrive during turbulent times.

EduSign caught my eye because it's pretty much one of the few companies I've seen capitalising on current pandemic.

However I don't get how they are growing so fast and making about 30k a month. Surely if you want to manage attendance online, you'd just open Google Sheets and connect your students account to the Google drive for them to mark their names & dates?

What do you guys think? Am I not understanding the problem they solve as thoroughly?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.