The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Language Learning Strategies

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
+1 for duolingo and memrise. I heard about MosaLingua app also which might interest you.

+1 for immersion, but you need to get contact with locals people, otherwise don't expect to do any progress

Also, there are app where you can find language partner, go for language exchange in the app store or play store.

A last word about learning new language, it's a process which need consistency. Schedule your time to practice regularly. Enjoy !

Thank you! I believe the app you are referring is called "Tandem" right? I have been using it and is gold, especially if the language you are trying to learn has very friendly people to practice with.

I agree with consistency for me so far it has been a journey of 3 weeks with at least 1 hour per day of practice and I can already see a huge progress.

For those attempting to learn languages also, it helps to get rid of the mindset "I am not good at" you probably did not have a proper why or your method of learning sucked in the past, but now you can do it!

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
I am learning Portuguese these days and using two popular apps: Duolingo and Memrise+essential grammar book and speaking/writing/listening native speakers.

Since we have a group of very smart international people here I was wondering if you have other strategies/tactics to learn a language in a very efficient way.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
As long as 'immersion' includes being forced by necessity to use it yourself. I've met people who moved overseas and have been 'immersed' in a language for 10 years and can't speak a word of it.

Hahaha I think thats what he meant. Thats also true some places you can go and you do not get the language because everyone speaks english (Sweden-Netherlands for example) or you just hangout with people that can speak your same native language.

Bon Appetit

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jan 19, 2018
Paris, France
+1 for duolingo and memrise. I heard about MosaLingua app also which might interest you.

+1 for immersion, but you need to get contact with locals people, otherwise don't expect to do any progress

Also, there are app where you can find language partner, go for language exchange in the app store or play store.

A last word about learning new language, it's a process which need consistency. Schedule your time to practice regularly. Enjoy !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.