The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kyle Keegan Radio Show

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida

As promised to those of you who listened to yesterday's shorts... This was a great discussion that did so much more than just put a toxic concept on trial. It was a great lesson in leadership honestly. Thank you @Antifragile for joining me once again.
Great episode!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I loved that episode @Antifragile

I quite quit my last job before they fired me and was like man they should have had me on to argue in favour of it, what you guys were saying makes sense in theory and to any good business owner but you guys are really out of touch with just how badly some of these big companies are run, but then the last point you had was just perfect.

Just quit properly.

Don’t disrespect yourself like that doing a half a$$ job at one of these shitty companies.

It was a really good episode.

(I wasn’t fired for quiet quitting, I had like a 2-3 month heads up on getting fired so I just said F*ck them and stayed there doing the bare minimum waiting for my payout, it was strange though I got treated so much better than when I was working hard, big companies where there’s so many layers of management between you and anyone affected by the profits are strange)

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
We wanted to have a counter position on the show but the person invited declined… didn’t know you had that experience.

I’m thrilled you changed your mind on this. In my heart I know it’s not good for employees to do this, it diminishes the real you inside.

And you are right, lots of big companies are run so poorly it’s embarrassing. I’d want all employees to leave and become the best version of themselves somewhere else.

Thanks for this post @MitchC !

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I loved that episode @Antifragile

I quite quit my last job before they fired me and was like man they should have had me on to argue in favour of it, what you guys were saying makes sense in theory and to any good business owner but you guys are really out of touch with just how badly some of these big companies are run, but then the last point you had was just perfect.

Just quit properly.

Don’t disrespect yourself like that doing a half a$$ job at one of these shitty companies.

It was a really good episode.

(I wasn’t fired for quiet quitting, I had like a 2-3 month heads up on getting fired so I just said F*ck them and stayed there doing the bare minimum waiting for my payout, it was strange though I got treated so much better than when I was working hard, big companies where there’s so many layers of management between you and anyone affected by the profits are strange)
I know exactly what you're talking about. In mining (which I'm pretty sure you're talking about) and in my case, oil and gas/construction, the motto I kept getting told was "stay low and take the dough."

The number of people quiet quitting on my site was massive when I look back on it now. It was almost like it was encouraged by management! Actually, it definitely was.

I had totally forgotten about those experiences in relation to "quiet quitting." It does change my opinion on it a bit. I was always thinking of it in a corporate office environment. Thanks for the crappy trip down memory lane, lol.

Although I would find quiet quitting more excruciating and drawn out which is why I instead got the shits and just quit suddenly. There was nothing more to it than I just couldn't bear to spend another second there though.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona

As promised to those of you who listened to yesterday's shorts... This was a great discussion that did so much more than just put a toxic concept on trial. It was a great lesson in leadership honestly. Thank you @Antifragile for joining me once again.

Really good episode guys. When @Antifragile was talking about the idea of the quiet quitter taking whatever their company did so poorly and starting their own business improving upon XYZ I was internally yelling “Thank you!” It seems so obvious but, would the person with the quiet quitting mindset actually take that action is the question I would have. Maybe yes, maybe no. Really enjoyed this one, thank you both for taking the time to record it.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
For those of you waiting for the response to @mikecarlooch ... It's done... Now I am going to go catch my breath. I also had @Antifragile on for a bit as well.

This one may go down as one of the most epic episodes of KKRS.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Thank you Kyle, for allowing me to share some of my thoughts with your audience.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
When the topic is not pre-scripted, it allows for a healthy and fun disagreement. I like episodes when you and I see things differently, it opens up the floor for another chat.

Thinking bigger without spending money:
  • Kyle's position - spend more money, that's thinking bigger! Find investors and go.
  • My position - money is not key to thinking bigger, use imagination of making deals work for parties that can't do it without you.
Look forward to how others respond to these ideas.

I don't disagree with @Kak's position. But that's the key message @mikecarlooch and others - YOU make the rules. That's entrepreneurship. Here Kyle and I see it differently and both can be right at the same time.

P.S. I typically speak much faster than Kyle, when we talk back and forth live, that seems to normalize but when I pre-record a quick thought dump... I apologize for sounding like a speed-talker coming online after Kyle :clench:! If I am invited back, I'll try to slow down.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Thinking bigger without spending money:
  • Kyle's position - spend more money, that's thinking bigger! Find investors and go.
  • My position - money is not key to thinking bigger, use imagination of making deals work for parties that can't do it without you.
I wouldn’t say that spend more money is my position, more that I don’t believe you should adopt that limitation. If there’s a legitimately better idea that takes money, do that instead of something cheaper and easier.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
For those of you waiting for the response to @mikecarlooch ... It's done... Now I am going to go catch my breath. I also had @Antifragile on for a bit as well.
I was NOT expecting a full episode deconstructing all of my questions, thank you Volodya @Antifragile and Kyle for taking time to do this.

@Kak I admire how you forced me to think bigger on my question about not having a lot of money, it's exactly what I needed to hear.

And man.. you guys even went into what could be better on my specific business at the end, gold gold gold. Appreciate you guys truly, I'll be listening to this over and over and over again, as I'm sure I will pick up something new each time I listen.

This one may go down as one of the most epic episodes of KKRS.
Epic is an understatement!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
DONE

Episode 26 is LIVE

The Power of Partnership!

In this episode, I address something I have been meaning to address for a long time. The Power of Partnership. We aren't talking about business partners, we are talking about strategic partnerships. What is a strategic partner? How can strategic partners help your business? Also, find out what I am pissed off about and also a little bit about Robinhood on this episode of KBRS.

Awaken with JP is who I was refering to as hilarious in the show...

Back to the future!

With the recent resurgence "Think big and then think BIGGER" ... I took a trip back to Kill Bigger radio episode on Partnerships. Great episode!

Surprising little reminder - Kyle can be a sarcastic jerk. LOL

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
@Kak

I've sent a link to friends with your show but to review it, some people have a hard time. Not everyone is on Apple Podcasts.

Can you create some written instructions here on how to review your show for non-Apple people?

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
@Kak recently listened to your episode on systems

Ep 317 - Incredible Systems That Make Business Better

I just made my first applet in ifttt.com , I can tell this site is an absolute GAME CHANGER.

Integrates perfectly with a trello board I created

Thanks for bringing it up!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

First episode back from non-Covid cold and flu hell. I know it’s been a little while.

It’s a fun one!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

First episode back from non-Covid cold and flu hell. I know it’s been a little while.

It’s a fun one!
Listening… but am I even allowed by the haters to be able to listen to internet radio show in a car? :eek::hilarious::fistbump:

177B3944-2BFF-419D-A45B-4B51E1852FDC.jpeg

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Listening… but am I even allowed by the haters to be able to listen to internet radio show in a car? :eek::hilarious::fistbump:

View attachment 45669
Lol you aren’t allowed to drive a Range Rover without mega Karens demanding to know which charities you donate to.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

External locus leadership seemingly found its way into one of the world's largest automakers. It is a shame that despite Ford's founder, Henry Ford, being one of the best business leaders in history, his legacy has come to emails that essentially say "sorry, but it's not our fault."

In this episode, I essentially rewrite the horrid email bearing bad news without responsibility and show how an actual leader would take care of business.

I later go into what I personally learned from unpacking this and how I could have done some things differently as a leader. Sometimes there are honest mistakes... Taking responsibility implies that the problem can be solved. Dodging responsibility implies that it's out of their hands.

True leaders remove "it's not my fault" from their vocabulary.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
True leaders remove "it's not my fault" from their vocabulary.

LOL, the official slogan of the country's political parties.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
LOL, the official slogan of the country's political parties.

“It’s not my fault they chose this stupid slogan” said every single politician in response to your post MJ. :rofl:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

This was supposed to be a 6-7 minute short, but I got inspired and went 20. LOL

I thought of a new way to show the difference in thinking between business and personal achievement on a linear scale and vs an exponential scale.

A work/worth ratio explains the mindset and understanding difference between someone on a Forbes list and someone who goes back to school so they can get a better job.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

In today's episode, I took on the Marxist belief system that billionaires and enterpreneurs in general are universally exploitive and somehow have to be to get where they are.

I hope this is a good refresher for some on the actual way the world works.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Thanks for the shoutout to me with the Thatcher quote!

Fun fact... when I left my job to start my own business, I sent an email to all staff as a goodby and that's the quote I used. :) Haven't had a "job" since that time.

• 328 is one of my favourite episodes. It is pure GOLD, I think you need a shortlist of best 10 episodes in this thread for anyone new.

• 329 ... the whole topic and that video you streamed just triggers me. Nothing against you or how you handle this topic, it is the topic that blows. That video is pure propaganda.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Ep 325 is absolute Gold! Thank you for this. If anyone is doubting that an idea or project they have is beyond them, they need to listen, over and over, to this episode.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Ep 325 is absolute Gold! Thank you for this. If anyone is doubting that an idea or project they have is beyond them, they need to listen, over and over, to this episode.
325 was great fun to record! Thanks for your feedback brother! I’m glad you enjoyed it!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

You guys know that this has been on my mind recently.

I have always held that professionalism is a choice, but I am learning that, to some degree, and for some people, it is a skill. Maybe it doesn't come naturally, but the excuses really have to end there.

How you do the little things is how you do the big things, so we are going to discuss being professional today on KKRS.

I have six major points to make and every single one of them IS A CHOICE, not a personality type. So, the excuses end now.

Timeliness, Preparedness, Clarity, Presentability, Dependability, and Honesty combine to make a professional.

I also put the "I don't care what other people think" bros on trial. You can't simultaneously want to build a business that is bigger than you, and also not care how you present to others. Sorry, but that is incredibly contradictory.

Be someone others can count on.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

ChatGPT is the potential "google killer" an AI technology that can eloquently write responses to your inquiries.

Is this something people should be worried about? Is it going to take your job? Maybe.

We have all heard people declare a job "beneath them." It always comes across as entitled and ridiculous... Well MANY MANY jobs throughout the history have fallen "beneath" humanity because of new technology.

Don't fear tech. Don't fall beneath humanity. Don't even fear for people who do. It works out better for everyone when the market rejects the status quo for something better. Better yet, be responsible for the disruption. You are SERVING humanity when you do.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

This started off as something I wanted to make into a "short," but I just got too into it. I deleted everything, and re-recorded it in long form. It earned it.

In today's episode, we focus on the early rise of John Jakob Raskob, the man who would go on to become the developer of the Empire State Building.

We'll discuss Raskob's humble beginnings, his early ventures in the business world, and the key decisions and opportunities that helped him rise to success.

Check it out if you want an inspiring episode about the early journey of someone who became a great, but lesser known business titan.

Mavsen

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 5, 2022
Mexico City
Thanks a lot @Kak ! I'm in the search for good podcasts to listen to, but almost all I've found are Slowlaners posing as people pursuing financial independence.

It's super valuable that you're putting this content out there and sharing it here on the forum.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.