The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kyle Keegan Radio Show

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
With over 300 episodes, the Kyle Keegan Radio Show broadcasts the virtue of meaningful entrepreneurial and mutual exchange. This is a contrarian radio show that embraces producing entrepreneurs and challenges the status quo.

KKRS is not the onepreneur show. It doesn’t embrace a "4-Hour Workweek." It is about building businesses that are bigger than just us; and living the life of producers, leaders and capitalists.

Edit for 2023:

For the life of KKRS I have thrown an umbrella over the entire category of entrepreneurship and addressed ALL who considered themselves entrepreneurs even though I focused on enterprise building and visionary leadership of something bigger than you.

There is still value in these episodes for everyone seeking such a journey, but I am no longer going to make this about all entrepreneurs. There is plenty of hustle bro, all about money and play, content out there. KKRS is different and is making a clear differentiation.

KKRS is for entrepreneurs that seek to change the world for the better.
KKRS has always been the show for entrepreneurs who find more meaning in their work than in yachts, cars, and travel.
KKRS is for entrepreneurs that are not interested in "dying with zero."
KKRS is for entrepreneurs that understand that despite their desire to build multi-generational wealth, that money is an effect, not a cause... an effect of great value, leadership, meaning, and an adventurous journey in business.

I understand this will fly directly in the face of many (onepreneur, consultant, freelance) mindsets here. Please know I respect others' rights to do whatever they please, but respectfully don't and won't see it that way personally, and I believe I have created a compelling case for my thinking.

People will address entrepreneurs with big goals with scrutiny. “When is enough, enough?” they ask.

A true entrepreneur, is an artist, his business is his canvas. It has little to do with the accumulation of more money. Most world changing titan entrepreneurs are artists that find meaning in their work.

Is it appropriate to ask an artist when they’ve painted enough paintings? Is it appropriate to ask an author when they’ve written enough books? A musical band when they’ve written enough songs and played enough shows? Professional athletes that have won enough games. If it was all about money, they would be done after their first big financial success.

Suggesting they should stop because they’ve done enough is absurd when they find meaning in their work. Thankfully they don’t. Thankfully they continue to bring enjoyable content into the world.

Likewise, be thankful for CEOs that have long had enough money to quit, but don’t. Be thankful that they continue to challenge the status quo and provide the world with more value and opportunity.

When is enough, enough? When is enough meaningful work enough? Never.

Check out the podcast anywhere you listen to podcasts. Let me know what you think!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Anyone that tries to reason entrepreneurship into: luck, a scam, not a real career, unrealistic, or a waste of time is someone that doesn’t know where their bread comes from. There are a lot of people that clearly don't know where their bread comes from.

Let's build upon a solid foundation of understanding:

1. If you want to be the 1% you have to do things only 1% of people do.
2. Taking advice from people you wouldn't want to be like is dumb.
3. The world around you has literally been civilized by entrepreneurship.

In today's episode I address the following objections, by the ignorant, in opposition to entrepreneurship.

-You don't have enough skills... Well I hope that isn't a permanent condition.
-You don't have enough money... Why are we trying to use our own money?
-Not enough experience... How about proof?
-Pay your dues... No.
-It is risky... Risk is a choice.
-You have a family... Good, most successful entrepreneurs do.
-You could fail... You probably will fail, but how far you fall is a choice.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
For the first time in a while, I have been inspired to record a show.

Keep your eyes out for…

The Dream Team.

Why having the perfect team is more obtainable than you think.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
As I am sure you probably have already heard on @Vigilante s Mind Your Business.

I too am launching a radio show! I have been a bit of a troll with the new avatar for a week. :rofl:

The VERY FIRST episode has been live for about 12 hours, but the big announcement is NOW! Check it out on your favorite podcasting app! @MoneyDoc and @Roz both found it pre-launch good job guys.

Or here! Business is an Art... Not a Science.

Or you can just go to killbigger.com

I think the first show ever is pretty damn good considering!

I have ONE correction to make as I was re-listening ... Vertical integration = buying up supply chain and delivery chain... Horizontal integration = buying competitors.

Dave and I plan to work together to provide amazing business content for your listening pleasure! I hope the forum enjoys as much as we enjoy putting this all together!
Nice work @Kak. I agree that business is more an art than a science.

I love the way you think. Opportunity knocks so much it’s a drumroll on the door. We just have to have our ears tuned to it.

Thanks for the great examples. The flooring company example, and the example where you created a new company and a great win-win on the fly stood out for me.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

As promised @Antifragile ! Glad to have you!

Thanks @Kak for having me on your show. As an avid listener it is a privilege to have been invited. And thanks again to @MJ DeMarco for making this place, your books and making it possible for people like me and Kyle to connect. That's a massive value that I hope all new members can see and take advantage.

To the listeners, I have gone a little long winded (lack of interview experience but a lot of stories to tell :rofl: ). We also had some technical challenges on my side and the voice is a little quieter, again lack of experience on my part. Hope you all enjoy it and get a little something out of it.

It's been a blast talking to Kyle, as always. Thanks again for having me on your show!

Edit: Kyle referenced photos I shared with him of one of our projects. For listeners, I’m posting pics here.
00E65B26-208B-4E8B-ABDC-E20D35ED5AB0.jpeg
A36DAA7D-2406-47C5-B6E7-B54E40F22D89.jpeg

And lifting panels for one of our industrial projects, pic from Friday:

image002.jpg

Lastly, an example of a finished industrial project:

DeonNelPhotography-IMG_2685-Edit-2.jpg
DeonNelPhotography-IMG_2735.jpg

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This is one of the best business strategies in my playbook. It turns nothing into something in very short order.

Is a dream team of awesome and expensive people, who move mountains on your behalf, out of reach for most entrepreneurs?

Actually... It might be a great place to start and more obtainable than you think.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
This is why KKRS isn't top 10 in the USA...

I don't make the rules.

GHlM704WMAAdqJj.jpeg

But we need more episodes. The people have been spoiled and are craving it!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Making moves. Was on Mike Lindell’s new network yesterday, taking about KBRS, streamed to 2.5 million.
:oops::thumbsup:

In one day, I have some interest from Newsmax, Salem, and some other smaller syndicators.

Attachments

• DD0C9B10-B132-4FCF-9E85-6565475A7A37.jpeg
    DD0C9B10-B132-4FCF-9E85-6565475A7A37.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 42

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
@Vigilante You will like this. For anyone who listened to your chat with Kyle about going TOP DOWN when chatting with companies, I just had the Senior VP of a company forward my email to the exact person I need to talk to. Lol, take that gatekeepers!

This absolutely works, and it has led to me talking to some pretty big deal people in some pretty big deal companies.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I am really rather surprised by the age curve of listeners these days! As we have gained listeners it has moved strongly middle age. Fascinating. It used to look like a perfect downward slope.

Honestly, I am just thrilled that people of a wide range of ages are finding great value in it!

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 4.53.39 PM.png

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
YouTube is particularly interesting because I could add a video element rather easily. That might have to be in the works. When I dive into something, I fully immerse. This might be fun to watch for the forum, in addition to the content, because this radio show is a project of mine on full display.
Yes, YouTube is the most fascinating channel/platform to me. The content is evergreen, you can run ads to videos if you want, there’s soooo much attention on YouTube it’s unreal, it helps/ranks on Google, and you‘ve more of people’s attention if they’re watching a video versus listening to an audio.

@Vigilante @Kak ... consider “video first“? You can pull out audio and text from video. And you can of course pull out small nuggets from each episode and post to various places.

Btw... @Fox and @Lex DeVille have solid YouTube channels. @Valier has one that’s gone viral (over 80k subs in a few months with under 10 videos - see his Gold progress thread).

I like that you immerse yourself @Kak, and I like that you use that word.

You also talk about leadership a lot. By putting yourself out there you’re showing people how leaders lead.

“People listen to experts, they follow leaders.” (Dan Gallappo)

People should follow both these new shows to see HOW they start and grow. You’ll learn more from that than listening to experts (aka spending money on a “How To Podcast” course).

Something I smiled at listening to both @Vigilante and @Kak initial episodes? They both had technical issues but left them in.

“Done is better than perfect.”

“Move fast and break things.”
(Mark Z)

“You can’t steer a parked car.”
(James Schramko)

“Start.”
(Dave Happe)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Ladies and Gentlemen. On June 22nd I am pleased and thrilled to welcome the Libertarian Candidate for President of the United States on the Kill Bigger Radio Show.... Jo Jorgensen.

She talks a lot about privacy, liberty and criminal justice in her platform. We are going to chat about business policy, capitalism and tax reform.

It will be an incredibly cool show that I am looking forward to.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
OK so in this thread, I am going to document an experiment. As someone that is interested in business-to-business sales, I am going to try to get some kind of deal with SiriusXM... Their business channel, without KBRS, pretty much sucks. This is where I come in. They are clearly struggling to find good content.

I fully 100% realize that this is a TALL order for a podcast that has only been out for a month.

I do not care.

I am going to pick apart their hierarchy and talk to who I need to talk to and I am not going to stop until I get a meeting.

So where am I at this point? As of today, I have been blown off by their contact us form and the corporate phone number. No real surprise there, but it is always worth a try. I am at stage ZERO with this.

Next step... Opening dialogues with anyone and everyone I can find that works there and offer to fly to NYC on my dime for a sit-down. Of course, they will probably divert to Zoom, but almost anyone can appreciate that gesture and I find that I get FAR more accomplished in person.

My first victim has the title: Senior Director, Podcast Production and Operations... Sounds promising. We will find out.

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I think it’s an awesome idea. Unfortunately my wife and I are both unilingual. :rofl:

I have heard it said and experienced it in my travels. It’s really easy to speak English everywhere so I never bother learning.

If you have the ability to easily teach your children two languages from the beginning I totally would. I know @GPM is doing it!

I maybe have a 10% understanding of Elementary Spanish and I’ll teach him what I know.
I know enough Spanish to get by pretty much 100% while in Mexico on my own. I can stumble through enough for most situations, and have no troubles being on my own ordering food and shopping and what have you. However, I am by no means even conversational. I understand about 10x more than I can speak it, and I can understand it by reading well enough.

My little one is barely 3 years old, and he already knows more Spanish than me. Our house is really cool. Mama speaks to them nearly exclusively in Spanish, and I talk to them in English. The kids respond to pretty much any language spoken to them in Spanish when replying to Mama, and to me they speak English, it doesn't matter what language was spoken to them that is how they usually respond. They alternate between English and Spanish between themselves.

What is fun is if the kids are talking to each other in Spanish and I ask them something in English, they will completely switch their conversation to English after that. Same if they are speaking English and my wife says something to them in Spanish, they flip their conversational language. It is VERY cool. My 4 year old is constantly correcting my Spanish and telling me I am doing it wrong.

Teach you kids ANYTHING young. They understand and are able to learn far more than anyone gives them credit for. I am already teaching them business principles and work ethic.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It is a great example of diving in. Learning something and pivoting.

I didn’t need to do 2 months of research. I just needed to become a radio host.
I despair sometimes, watching people look for maps when they just need to open the front door and step outside.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
We have EPISODE 7 available now!

It is HARD to believe that I have only been officially live for like 10 days. This is really turning out to be fun for me. I will let you guys in on a little secret... This is out of my comfort zone. I never in a million years expected to want to do something like this. I decided to flat out obliterate my comfort zone... I now LIVE outside of my comfort zone. I am growing more and more comfortable with this as time goes on.

Episode 7 features a guest and my friend @MTEE1985 ... Together we discuss finance, investing, what current events mean for investors, and... He talks about a billion dollar startup he is a part of.

I fully understand it is a lot... But the content is good, so speed it up if you have to because you won't want to miss it.

Also, my apologies for the quality of the Skype call... I need to do some research and get some higher fidelity audio with my guests. I will not stop improving until everything is perfect. I am literally going all in... I started with a simple digital USB mic... Now I am looking at a professional XLR setup... I have super high end podcast editing software now. Guys... We are going big. Like not just big... BIGGER.

Mike Travis: Investing and Finance Part One of a Billion

Apple Podcasts

Spotify Podcasts

Google Podcasts

Spreaker

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Haha I feel like everyone is afraid to spoil the announcements.

There is a new sponsor and a baby kak on the way!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Became a dad yesterday and the show must go on!

Dave @Vigilante Happe was awesome enough to fill in for me in today’s episode.

I have already listened to it, and it is excellent.

We also have another surprise guest host for Wednesday!

I expect to be back on the digital airwaves Friday!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have found that many Americans are EXTREMELY patriotic

You will find this to be less and less the case going forward.

I used to say, I love my country, but I hate my government.

Now I just tolerate my country, the government, and its people who continue to elect clowns in all levels of government. The country died some years ago when the media became the mouthpiece for the corporate/political class - and what we have left is a majority of obedient sheep ruled by fear and whatever agenda is put forth.

The days of "liberty and freedom" are long gone. The population prefers comfortable slavery over uncomfortable freedom.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I had been back and forth about this for a little while, but I finally decided to rip the band aid off. I killed the text message community thing. There are a number of reasons why, but it wasn’t something I was using like I should/could, it didn’t end up being as interactive as I would have liked, and community has unacceptable terms of service for my long term investment in the platform. It’s going to be weird not saying the number on the show!

I’m shaking things up. Many of you know I’ve, for the most part, left Twitter as well. Those of you who have added me on Facebook, also know I don’t use it either.

I have decided to be the leader here instead of doing “what I’m supposed to do.” It may pay off, or it may slow growth. Whatever it does, it is authentic. You know what isn’t? Me on countless platforms that are owned by people I would almost consider civil war opposition.

So I changed the master description of the radio show…

Welcome to the Kyle Keegan Radio Show!

With over 300 episodes of KKRS, I broadcast the virtue of entrepreneurial ambition and mutual exchange. This is the radio show that embraces producing entrepreneurs and occasionally puts the prevailing woke, ESG (corporate communism) on trial.

My show is not the onepreneur show. My show is not the "4-Hour Workweek." I am about building businesses that are bigger than just me and living the life of a producer, leader and capitalist. Quite simply, it's the show I would want to listen to.

ATTENTION: We are no longer doing the social media dog and pony show. I will no longer cave to an expectation to “be” places on the internet. I will “be” where I want to “be.”

The only two places to interact with the show are Telegram and MJ DeMarco's Fastlane Forum. Unlike the “hustle bro” crowd of endless scattered “content.” I am not going to ask listeners to follow me all over the internet. You’re welcome.

I have a podcast, a website, a Telegram, and an active presence on the best entrepreneurship forum on the internet. That's enough.

I would rather spend time on these platforms with excellence than spending hours being the product of some communist’s business.

Tomorrow, part two of the leadership series will publish! “Leaders Inspire.” Hopefully this move was, at some level, “inspiring” to you!

Last edited:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Mind sharing in a generic way what your intial message to the COO was?

Hi Name,

[complement on his company's product.]

I'm interested in [blank] (I used 13 words)

If that idea appeals to you, let's set up a call,

Thanks,

I've been trying to limit my emails to three sentences. All of them.

A CEO had this in his email sig, and I loved it. Efficient, clear, to the point. Sentenc.es - A Disciplined Way To Deal With Email

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Kyle and Dave, you literally taught us gold with the "TOP DOWN" approach.

Sent an email to Walmart Canada's COO at 1 am last night. Got an email back at 7 am this morning with the Sr Director for the category we're in cc'ed... talk about work ethic though, COO of Walmart Canada replying to an email at 7 am.

Added a screenshot. Still need to perfect my email skills, but it worked!

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

The biggest point I made in this show is the circles of influence vs circle of concern. The mainstream media's goal is to infect you with their cancer. The cancer is "concern" for things outside of your influence. They want you to get carried away in their river rapids of division. They tell us that you aren't "informed" unless you listen to them... Bullshit.

The mainstream media right now reminds me of Jim Cantore standing on the beach with a hurricane approaching in a weatherproof suit, leaning over acting like he is fighting the wind and seeing a 5 year old walking by in the background as if nothing's happening.

Focus on what you can influence. Concern yourself with less.

View: https://twitter.com/gourdnibler/status/1040678572262916096?s=20

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

The biggest point I made in this show is the circles of influence vs circle of concern. The mainstream media's goal is to infect you with their cancer. The cancer is "concern" for things outside of your influence. They want you to get carried away in their river rapids of division. They tell us that you aren't "informed" unless you listen to them... Bullshit.

The mainstream media right now reminds me of Jim Cantore standing on the beach with a hurricane approaching in a weatherproof suit, leaning over acting like he is fighting the wind and seeing a 5 year old walking by in the background as if nothing's happening.

Focus on what you can influence. Concern yourself with less.

View: https://twitter.com/gourdnibler/status/1040678572262916096?s=20

Haven't listened yet, but want to.

I can tell you that having no TV, disabling any "news alerts" (Apple likes to ding you with their BS) and all other news/world events/drama has elevated my happiness to another level. Cultural ignorance is bliss.

As soon as I get settled into my workplace, I need to fire this episode up.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

This is a great addition to your Radio Show @Kak. And good on you @thechosen1 for putting yourself out there. That may have been uncomfortable but a great way to get out of your comfort zone and get going.

Very interesting when you break apart a business. I think this makes the show immediately “applicable” and memorable to all entrepreneurs. The skills and advice is transferable.

My favourites:
1. Leverage partnerships. It’s about the address book of the other guy, not some small investment like $10k
2. Expand the product types. Always a good advice when you start with just one.

And it’s good to see Kyle pushing Tyler to commit to a progress report in a month. Pretty big push to get going.

“Be impossible to ignore”. :)

So, how do you find people you want to connect to? 500 emails, phone call after phone call. Become known. It works to get attention. You must just aim to get the attention (even if it is a no). It’s an interesting perspective!
Follow up to my interview with @Kak :

Today I drove about an hour to meet with the VP and manager of a popular sporting goods store. I showed him my product and explained the benefits to his customers and why it serves a need that other products don’t fill.

He wanted one!! He said it was exactly what he needed for his boat and for his home because he lives on the coast! He took one to put on display in the store for now to collect feedback until he sends it to the headquarters of the sporting good chain.

He warned me that I should be ready to meet orders.

Wow.

All this from sending messages on LinkedIn.

Kyle’s advice is right!! Just don’t stop calling, emailing, messaging, and networking.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Kak @Vigilante

I didn’t know which thread to write this in but it’s for both of you.

Thanks for taking action and showing the truth in two of my favourite phrases:

“People listen to experts, they follow leaders.” (Dan Gallapoo)

“Tell me what you’ve done and I’ll tell you who you are.” (Unknown)

For a few weeks I was finding the forum a bit tedious with too much arguing and complaining and not much action taking (in my humble opinion as a forum member). I’ve been grateful for the ignore thread feature.

Now you guys, plus a few other progress threads, are showing what it means to be leaders. You’re forging ahead and your energy is infectious.

I think there’s a definite buzz about the forum recently and your two threads have played a big part in generating it.

Thanks guys.

Also... it’s entertaining watching you bounce off each other and spur each other on. This is a good example of what it means to have someone to mastermind with. You don’t sit round having kumba-yah moments, or talk about grandiose plans you will get round to doing. You can talk about what you’ve *done* to spur each other on. Thanks for letting people see that.

For those reading and following, and especially those new to the forum: the progress threads are the most informative threads in the forum. You get a chance to look over someone’s shoulder in real time. You get to see how they think, and how they assess, act, and adjust.

If you’re new and don’t have a progress thread then I urge you to create one. Don’t worry about looking dumb or falling flat on your face. That’s expected and part of the process. It’s how you pick yourself up and keep going that will define you.

Pick a direction. Get started. Keep going.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
DANG IT.

It looks like I lost a bet in spectacular fashion to Kyle today. I still have time before he is able to announce it a week or more from now, so I could still pull a rabbit out of a hat but WOW! You all won't believe what the Kill Bigger radio show is on the cusp of.

I have my work cut out for me.

Let's just put it this way... Dave and I had a bet... Who would land the first "A-Lister" guest.

So the "black rectangle" prevails again. You guys are not going to believe who is coming on the Kill Bigger Radio Show.

Anyway, this is big league and I am glad I have this progress thread to share it in. I will make the big announcement later this week on the show and post it in here thereafter.

You will also get a front row seat to me in a high pressure meeting. I really wouldn't be surprised if this launches the thread into GOLD territory, but I will leave that up for the powers that be to decide. ;)

Last edited:

BlindSide

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Mar 16, 2017
Los Angeles
HOW do you do it? What are your top tips?
Man, so much goes into prospecting for new customers. Top tips:

1. Leverage the existing technology that's out there today to find decision-makers. LinkedIn search for titles you sell to (ex: If I'm selling software that helps companies gather insights into where they could save money, I'm prospecting the VP of Procurement). Use tools like hunter.io to get direct e-mails. Use automated replies to get direct phone lines. Tools like Seamless.ai to get direct contact info.

2. If you get them on the phone, be professional and get to it. I prefer to ask for permission, some don't. Provide value up front, an insightful question they haven't thought of before.. some way to gather interest and keep the conversation going.

"Hi Dave, Tyler calling from ____. Thank you for taking my call. Do you have a few moments?"

Dave: Sure.

"Thanks Dave. The reason for my call is ____"I see you are getting back into the podcasting space. I listened to your recent episode on What To Do If You're Fired, I really enjoyed the to-the-point advice and throwing your ego aside. I'm curious, as you've voiced concerns a few times on making sure the audio is dialed-in and not picking up background noise, have you heard of ____?"

3. The first objection is usually a lie. "I don't have budget." "I'm busy." "We have this." You need to come up with some prepared responses to overcome these. I prefer to acknowledge the objection, and then ask another question.

Dave: "Tyler, I'm busy. Haven't heard of you, and don't have time right now. Send me an e-mail."

Tyler: "Of course Dave, I understand that your a very busy man. Happy to send over some material. I just wanted to ask, how are you tracking how much each of your episodes are being listened to by your audience?"

Some people dislike this. The reality is often (NOT ALWAYS), if they answered the phone, they have time to talk. You just came across as an annoying salesman, and haven't delivered enough value to continue the conversation yet.

4. You really just need to stand out. Make your e-mails personalized. When you get someone to pickup, don't throw a canned pitch. Make sure they know that you know who they are, what they do, possible interests, etc. Can you do a quick demo of your product and customize it to the individual? Get Loom, record yourself and screen-share the demo, and send it to them. E-mail line could be something like: Built this app for you, Dave. Your responsibility is to figure out how to leverage your messaging and product/service to make it unique and stand out from the noise in their e-mail/phone/voicemail.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.