The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Keeping Focus On The Right Lane

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
I'm in the process right now of starting a web design company, not as Fastlane, more or less for experience in running a business and sales. I also want to use it to get in contact with more businesses and find needs, as per the Idea Extraction method.

I just got 5 9-5 job offers in a two day span, but I'm staying true and keeping my time open for my business and learning. Every time I start thinking "Maybe I'll just work for 6mo and then do it." I come here for a nice brisk slap in the face.

Thank you for being here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Are you currently working a job elsewhere? You mentioned you got offers, but not sure if that just means you were at another job and these offers came along, or if you are "unemployed." How are you supporting yourself while you build your web design? I hear you on the slap in the face. I spend endless amounts of time looking for things to just get me out of a 9-5 enough to cover basic expenses...but really, like MJ said, all that time could be spent providing value and scaling.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Are you currently working a job elsewhere? You mentioned you got offers, but not sure if that just means you were at another job and these offers came along, or if you are "unemployed." How are you supporting yourself while you build your web design? I hear you on the slap in the face. I spend endless amounts of time looking for things to just get me out of a 9-5 enough to cover basic expenses...but really, like MJ said, all that time could be spent providing value and scaling.
Part-time overnight to pay for bills. I majorly downsized my expenses to learn more. It's a big shift, but in the long run I know it will be worth it. Now I split rent with roommates, only pay for my phone, Internet and food.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.