The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kyle Keegan Radio Show

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I have someone working for me right now on a project. My short term ROI is a loss, but that’s only tolerable because my long term ROI on her labor is 10,000x. The fact that I am upside down today is simply part of my educated risk towards an ROI she will never share in. There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s capitalism. But we are not equal winners simply because my investment pays a calculated, deferred payout.

But what happens if the business fails and never makes a profit? There are many businesses where after a few years, the employees made $100k and the owner lost all of their invested money. I don't see where this argument can take into account what an employee or owner makes.

If a person simply wants to own a house and making a good living, that person can be 100% happy earning a paycheck. How is that not a win-win for both employee and employer? It really depends on the employee's goals. You can't say that person is losing just because you think your way is better or provides more freedom for them. That is you projecting your beliefs onto someone else who may or may not have the same beliefs.

I really don't understand your logic in this argument at all. So I guessing I'm voting for Kak.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
There is no degree of fairness required nor should there be. But in order for capitalism to be fully manifest and successful, there has to be unskilled labor that serves to benefit the risk taker.

It is unequitable by design, but the blessing is that those in servitude to the capitalist can rise above it and become successful entrepreneurs and business owners.

capitalism requires a division of labor. Owners who take the risk, and workers who serve at the pleasure of and for the profit of the owner UNTIL and UNLESS they become a risk taker owner entrepreneurs themselves.

Hence a man isn’t truly “free” when the fruits of his labor are designed to enrich somebody else. He has only achieved mastery of capitalism when the fruits of his labor enrich himself.

I disagree with the unskilled labor line. How do you say that developers for Google are unskilled labor? Are the players in the NBA unskilled?

Workers serve at the pleasure of themselves and the owner. Lebron James is not playing to appease the owner. He's playing to make millions of dollars for himself.

Some players in the NBA have no desire to start a business. They will collect a paycheck for years and then retire and live freely. I would argue that they thought the division of labor was fair during their career.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Did you listen to the show? Thats not really what we were talking about.

You’re talking about extreme outliers but I failed to convince you otherwise. I should have paid more attention in debate class. There’s nothing left to parse here.

Kyle let me know your charity and I will write the check. You win. Well played, sir.

View: https://youtu.be/RRzsv4vHNDs

Last edited:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Moving this right along... Today, I am excited to announce the newly finished home page of KBRS!

www.killbigger.com

Special thanks to @Katherine for her help in creating it and @Bekit for the ground work! It is my best website by far!

It is now extremely easy to leave voice messages for the show as it is embedded right on the website. I am super stoked!!!!

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Did you listen to the show? Thats not really what we were talking about.

You’re talking about extreme outliers but I failed to convince you otherwise. I should have paid more attention in debate class. There’s nothing left to parse here.

Kyle let me know your charity and I will write the check. You win. Well played, sir.

View: https://youtu.be/RRzsv4vHNDs

Yes I did listen to it. I was very confused by your points. I think Kyle’s point was very clear. He answered your main point about the guy working in China vs the guy working in the USA. We have choices here in the USA.

A person has a choice to get a job or not. They choose a job because they need money to pay for things. I just don’t understand why you don’t see someone getting paid as a win.

You said when you go to your first day at work you are 100% serving your boss. Well then why do you get paid any money when you go to work? Why don’t you just go work for free? Why doesn’t the sandwich maker work for free?

I also don’t think that my examples are outliers. You can take it the opposite way to a 1 person business. There’s no division of labor for an artist making a painting. But it’s still capitalism.

Let’s say he can either buy new brushes for each painting or hire a brush cleaner. So he’s now dividing his labor (creating a job out of thin air) and pays John $15k a year. You’re saying that this is now a win-lose? The other alternative is that he orders new brushes from Amazon each month and John is jobless.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Moving this right along... Today, I am excited to announce the newly finished home page of KBRS!

www.killbigger.com

Special thanks to @Katherine for her help in creating it and @Bekit for the ground work! It is my best website by far!

It is now extremely easy to leave voice messages for the show as it is embedded right on the website. I am super stoked!!!!
Looks great. Well done @Kak @Katherine and @Bekit.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
I totally agree. This was your best show yet. Can't wait to see how you top this.

P.S. "Republicrats" is my new favorite word.

Agree, great show!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
OK so in this thread, I am going to document an experiment. As someone that is interested in business-to-business sales, I am going to try to get some kind of deal with SiriusXM... Their business channel, without KBRS, pretty much sucks. This is where I come in. They are clearly struggling to find good content.

I fully 100% realize that this is a TALL order for a podcast that has only been out for a month.

I do not care.

I am going to pick apart their hierarchy and talk to who I need to talk to and I am not going to stop until I get a meeting.

So where am I at this point? As of today, I have been blown off by their contact us form and the corporate phone number. No real surprise there, but it is always worth a try. I am at stage ZERO with this.

Next step... Opening dialogues with anyone and everyone I can find that works there and offer to fly to NYC on my dime for a sit-down. Of course, they will probably divert to Zoom, but almost anyone can appreciate that gesture and I find that I get FAR more accomplished in person.

My first victim has the title: Senior Director, Podcast Production and Operations... Sounds promising. We will find out.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
OK so in this thread, I am going to document an experiment. As someone that is interested in business-to-business sales, I am going to try to get some kind of deal with SiriusXM... Their business channel, without KBRS, pretty much sucks. This is where I come in. They are clearly struggling to find good content.

I fully 100% realize that this is a TALL order for a podcast that has only been out for a month.

I do not care.

I am going to pick apart their hierarchy and talk to who I need to talk to and I am not going to stop until I get a meeting.

So where am I at this point? As of today, I have been blown off by their contact us form and the corporate phone number. No real surprise there, but it is always worth a try. I am at stage ZERO with this.

Next step... Opening dialogues with anyone and everyone I can find that works there and offer to fly to NYC on my dime for a sit-down. Of course, they will probably divert to Zoom, but almost anyone can appreciate that gesture and I find that I get FAR more accomplished in person.

My first victim has the title: Senior Director, Podcast Production and Operations... Sounds promising. We will find out.

Offer to do some free shows for them, could be a way to sneak in.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Episode 29... The REAL New Normal...

...is live for your listening pleasure! :rofl:

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Some behind the scenes scoop stuff here... The command center/studio got an upgrade this week, but not before I had to Kill it Bigger.

I got the foam... But command strips SUCK ROYALLY. What a joke. Some of them even came off of the wall. The Amazon reviewers that swore by this are imbeciles.

I try to whole a$$ everything I do... This was half-assed... So, I went to the hardware store and bought a sheet of 1/4" plywood and got the table saw out.

I used Locktite spray adhesive to the back of the foam and mounted it to the rough side of the OSB:

View: https://youtu.be/SJigD9lkopI

Then I used an 18 gauge pneumatic brad nailer to shoot through the foam and affix these larger panels to the wall. They are NOT coming down unless I want them to. One day, if they do need to come down, it will require minimal patchwork.

Now it looks like this:

View: https://youtu.be/APlO90vgUVw

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Some behind the scenes scoop stuff here... The command center/studio got an upgrade this week, but not before I had to Kill it Bigger.

I got the foam... But command strips SUCK ROYALLY. What a joke. Some of them even came off of the wall. The Amazon reviewers that swore by this are imbeciles.
View attachment 33939

I try to whole a$$ everything I do... This was half-assed... So, I went to the hardware store and bought a sheet of 1/4" plywood and got the table saw out.

I used Locktite spray adhesive to the back of the foam and mounted it to the rough side of the OSB:

View: https://youtu.be/SJigD9lkopI

Then I used an 18 gauge pneumatic brad nailer to shoot through the foam and affix these larger panels to the wall. They are NOT coming down unless I want them to. One day, if they do need to come down, it will require minimal patchwork.

Now it looks like this:
View attachment 33940

View: https://youtu.be/APlO90vgUVw
Love it! Love the behind the scenes footage too. Thanks for sharing @Kak.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Post a link to that phone on Amazon

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Win – win can’t reconcile the fact that 80% of Americans consistently state that they hate their job. If most felt it was a win-win that percentage would be near 0% and nobody would ever quit their job. The vast majority of Americans, typically represented around 80% in surveys over the last several decades have routinely reported they hate their jobs, hate the company they work for, and wish they could do something differently.

To whom does that sound like a win-win arrangement? Eight out of every 10 employees routinely states that it is not win-win. You have to objectively look at data over theory.

Whose fault is it if they hate their job?

Whose responsibility is it to find a job they enjoy and find and gain value in?

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
I am not sure what's "unraveling" here... But it isn't my argument.

I am actually shocked we have had no one weigh in on who won this debate! We need votes to determine who owes the $20.

My gain is not at the expense of anyone. It is at the gain of my employees. It is at the gain of my customers. It is at the gain of my investors. That is the true essence of capitalism.

Obviously you won. You are an uncorrupted capitalist and get it from the first axiom to the end result.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Episode 29... The New Normal...

...is live for your listening pleasure! :rofl:

View attachment 33937

The new normal? At the expense of fueling your bootlickers, we probably should get on the phone and do it again. You've embraced full Karen.

Go back and listen to the INSIDERS call. There was one thing that MJ and I agreed on (amongst many) that the "new normal" was not a phrase that should EVER enter into the American lexicon.

You think you're pivoting and embracing a trend. Appeasement is unbecoming. We're not changing America permanently because of a ideological agenda tied to an annual virus.

The new normal? I thought I knew you, Karen. I'd be happy to fire up the microphones and record another segment that sycophants would continue to shine your shoes over, but this time we should probably post it on my platform so that we get a cross section of people to tune in.

The new normal? You're embracing the new normal? What the HELL has happened to America in just a few short months? You've bought into this.

You disclaimed it 10x, before you proceeded to embrace it. The remnant will continue to advocate for reopening America. Here's where the pitchfork crowd that has assembled here will embrace your message of the "new normal" but you can have them.

The new normal. LOL. No thanks. We're not allowing the Karens to destroy the best financial system ever created in the history of the world over a virus, an election, and liberalism. SHOVE the new normal. The remnant is going to push through AMERICA.

I still love you, but you will NOT sell out...meanwhile you should hold off on developing your Parler account because the new normal is on Facebook. So much for "uncorrupted capitalism" LOL

Waiting for one specific new normal mask wearing fan to run to your defense in 10...9....8....7....

Last edited:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
The new normal? At the expense of fueling your bootlickers, we probably should get on the phone and do it again. You've embraced full Karen.

Go back and listen to the INSIDERS call. There was one thing that MJ and I agreed on (amongst many) that the "new normal" was not a phrase that should EVER enter into the American lexicon.

You think you're pivoting and embracing a trend. Appeasement is unbecoming. We're not changing America permanently because of a ideological agenda tied to an annual virus.

The new normal? I thought I knew you, Karen. I'd be happy to fire up the microphones and record another segment that sycophants would continue to shine your shoes over, but this time we should probably post it on my platform so that we get a cross section of people to tune in.

The new normal? You're embracing the new normal? What the HELL has happened to America in just a few short months? You've bought into this.

You disclaimed it 10x, before you proceeded to embrace it. The remnant will continue to advocate for reopening America. Here's where the pitchfork crowd that has assembled here will embrace your message of the "new normal" but you can have them.

The new normal. LOL. No thanks.
16123757.jpg

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
If we are going to do this, I will need to you agree to the ground rules first, in defense of your pivoting to "the new normal"

You cannot say :
"We're all in this together"
"Unprecedented"
"Essential workers"
"Stay home, stay safe"
"Kids over 2 need to wear masks per the CDC guidelines"
during our discussion

and I will agree to not besmearch you by calling you
"Karen"

We will talk about conditioning, behavioral priming, and conformity.

I can make some time this afternoon, and if you are available we can record it on "Karen Free Radio" which is my new tagline for the Mind Your Business Radio Show.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
What Timmy said (or posted rather)

Gentleman start your engines! This is going to be a good one

5:49AM in Florida. Triggered. Capitulation is not becoming. I am not going to allow America to lose one of the good guys to the mushy middle.

ca·pit·u·la·tion
/kəˌpiCHəˈlāSH(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce

noun
  1. the action of surrendering or ceasing to resist an opponent or demand.

He was bothered by me advocating for upward mobility which exists only in capitalism, but then he goes full Karen towards the new normal. I will win him back.

He can't NOT participate in the discussion. His cheerleaders can go ahead and preemptively poll for his debate win on the call that hasn't occurred yet, but meanwhile I will do the yeomans work of winning him back to the good side of the force.

It can be a one minute call if he will simply abandon embrace of the fictitious "new normal." Otherwise, we're going the full 10 rounds.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@Vigilante im not sure if you heard the repeated and blatant sarcasm in my voice... But I think the new normal is Karen dipshittery too. :rofl:

Sure I will talk about it, with you, but I made fun of the new normal... Also, I talked about what has changed for business. Not as someone that is excited about it, but as someone that has resigned defeat and just wants to make money at this point. If the population is 90% idiot, I’m not going to win a culture war.

Maybe this should have been titled "The REAL New Normal" because it is mostly talking about business and financial trends that are likely to stick around for a while.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.