The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kyle Keegan Radio Show

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I just listened to the one with you and Brittany. Talk about a fantastic power couple! Get the doggos barking in the next episode to really get the whole gang in there.

The sound quality is fantastic! Keep doing what you are doing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

20 episodes in a month already? SUPER impressive.

This is awesome work @Kak. Already binged through a few.

When the time comes, will be sure to leave a message.

Already have a burning question but want to make sure it hasn't been asked.

Cheers!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
20 episodes in a month already? SUPER impressive.

This is awesome work @Kak. Already binged through a few.

When the time comes, will be sure to leave a message.

Already have a burning question but want to make sure it hasn't been asked.

Cheers!

Mike... is there such thing as too many?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Take two with Yaron Brook this afternoon! Should be an EPIC show. For those of you that don't know who he is...

He is the chairman of the Ayn Rand Institute

He is the host of the Yaron Brook Show on YouTube

He is the author of these bestselling books:
View attachment 33835

View attachment 33836
View attachment 33837

This should be a fun one. If we make it happen, the KBRS show will be up tonight!

EPISODE 23 IS UP: Equal is Unfair with Yaron Brook

The episode was epic. Loved it from start to finish. I am STOKED.

So I haven't given PocketCast enough love. It is DEFINITELY the best podcast app for Android users with no Spotify. Huge spike from them today!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
EPISODE 23 IS UP: Equal is Unfair with Yaron Brook

The episode was epic. Loved it from start to finish. I am STOKED.

So I haven't given PocketCast enough love. It is DEFINITELY the best podcast app for Android users with no Spotify. Huge spike from them today!

This show was your best yet. Absolutely incredible.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'd say the only issue with it is there's too many (great) episodes to choose from.

Not sure if @Kak has a site yet, but having a "Start Here" page can help new listeners narrow down their choices by most recommended or to explore episodes by category. Then listeners can go down the rabithole from there.
It can be a lot to keep up with at this stage, but we don’t have to listen the moment they’re published. It’s like @Phikey ‘s “120 videos in 120 days” thread. I couldn’t possibly keep up consuming them at the rate he’s producing them, but he’s building a library, and getting better and better each day. I even found one of his videos when I was doing a search on Google.

So I don’t think there can be too much. People will have to start getting selective about which to listen to, but there will be more and more breadcrumbs leading back to Kyle’s hub.

I like the tale of the ceramics teacher setting half the class the task of creating as many pots as possible, while the other half of the class were tasked with creating their best pot. The first set of students created the most pots (as expected), but also created the best pots.

Then we have the incredible work from Valier in his YouTube thread, and of course MJ and his books. They take a different approach. That’s what’s so interesting. There’s many ways to make it work, so long as we just start, and keep going.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I'd say the only issue with it is there's too many (great) episodes to choose from.

Not sure if @Kak has a site yet, but having a "Start Here" page can help new listeners narrow down their choices by most recommended or to explore episodes by category. Then listeners can go down the rabithole from there.

There will come a time where I go a week without posting anything. It will be because I am traveling or just too busy to screw around with it.

Having a catalog of over 100 mostly evergreen episodes by then will help my listeners continue to fold KBRS into their routine.

That, and it is honestly part of my routine to just strike while the iron is hot. I get inspired by whatever I did that day and I just record a show on it.

I like this pace so far!

Thanks for the suggestion! I am going to do that with the forthcoming site.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Really enjoyed the Yaron Brook show. I'm close to finishing Atlas Shrugged so I was most eager to hear his views that may have been in-line with the book -- I don't know, I assume that would be so.

He went off the rails a little bit with his comments about tracking people with the coronavirus. I'm glad you sort of called him out on it because he went way extreme on trying to relate it to rapists or drunk drivers. It changed my perspective of him a little bit, but I really believe his view on the coronavirus is more or less his fear of possibly being higher risk or unknowingly getting it from someone. At the very least, it was good that you picked up on it and changed the subject.

Great shows, though! I look forward to listening to them on my car rides to and from work.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
He went off the rails a little bit with his comments about tracking people with the coronavirus. I'm glad you sort of called him out on it because he went way extreme on trying to relate it to rapists or drunk drivers. It changed my perspective of him a little bit, but I really believe his view on the coronavirus is more or less his fear of possibly being higher risk or unknowingly getting it from someone. At the very least, it was good that you picked up on it and changed the subject.

Yeah that was interesting to me, but everyone probably has views that others will disagree with.

My point about the government showing up, if you got drunk, to make sure you don't drive, was really where I was going with it. Just because I am sick doesn't mean I should be treated like a criminal. Just like someone that wanted to drink a bit doesn't make them a drunk driver, even if they own a car.

I should have asked him if he supports interlock breathalyzers in every car for every person. Or GPS governors that force everyone to follow the speed limits. Where do you draw the line? It would be tremendously interesting to hear what he has to say because he is a man that has given some SIGNIFICANT thought to these topics.

I think we both believe that the only true role for government is to protect our rights. That is a sliding scale.

We will probably do this again.

The show was honestly more interesting for that exchange.

Last edited:

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Most governments recognize that there is an acceptable level of driving after drinking alcohol. In my state, the BAC level is .08%, although, one can still be charged with DUI even under that level if they aren’t capable of safely driving a vehicle. Drugs are a different ballgame.

I work in a related government profession and even I say we don’t want big government. I tell people all the time it’s not my job to tell people how to live their life. My job is to enforce laws while preserving and protecting the freedoms of everyone, including their civil rights.

I don’t have the platform to speak freely but I will say that people don’t want big government. They “think” they do but they really don’t. The federal government should be there to keep our country safe from outside forces and to help preserve our integrity. It’s not to tell us how to live or think.

This isn’t meant to be a political debate and can end here. But my point is that Yaron talked about capitalism and freedom, but then wanted to restrict people’s movements and track them with the virus. COVID does not mean death. People die every year from the regular flu strain and nobody is calling for masks, tracking devices, and quarantines. Should we put trackers on people who don’t get the yearly flu vaccine? Make them quarantine until the next flu season?

Either way, I enjoyed the talk. I would be interested in hearing more from him again regarding themes pulled from the book. I’ve heard of the Ayn Rand Institute but don’t know anything about them. I still have about 200 pages to go in Atlas Shrugged.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
We had a bit of an inspirational one today guys... EPISODE 24 is available!

Short and sweet the topic is "Paying Dues?"

You know where to find it!

Knuffix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 25, 2014
@Kak : In your "Think Bigger" thread you have talked about writing a post about "The MASSIVE power of partnerships... Going toe to toe with giants". Will you do this post as a podcast?

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Wow Kyle, Episode 23 with Yaron Brook has been far my most FAVORITE episode. I'm wondering how you got in touch with Mr. Brook, haha.

I don't know how to describe my feelings about this episode.

Frustration?
Sadness?
Inspirational?

A mix of those emotions. I never knew about the Concorde before this interview and after hearing about it I decided to do watch some YouTube videos. Here's one:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeEB2Lxbfa4

The video gave me the same feeling as when I watched SpaceX's recent connection with the ISS gave me (sending people to the ISS). I was inspired but also sad after watching the Concorde video. It feels like in today's day and age, there's less progress being made like the ones being done by SpaceX or the one in the Concorde.

You two were talking about iPhones in the interview. Your iPhone has much more memory, is faster, and and powerful than what was on Apollo 11: Could an iPhone fly me to the moon?. We literally landed people on the moon with technology that was severely below what an iPhone has. I'm rambling a little bit with these facts but what I'm trying to get at is that... Anybody right now basically doesn't have to worry about memory, speed, and how powerful.

You don't have the same limitations as the Apollo 11 team did. They would kill to have what we have now. But what is being done? We have all this power but we aren't progressing. It's sad to see how much we progressed in the past and now we're barely progressing at all.

But because nobody is progressing... it's inspirational. A bit weird, right? It's motivating because in my mind I think, "wow... nobody is progressing. I have to be the one to do something, lead us into something great/innovate or create something even better..".

As for the Coronavirus aspect, I don't want to get too into it because that wasn't the main topic of the interview. But in South Korea, they didn't use braclets, but instead used an application that a person would fill out (this app was like a diary which would ask you questions about how you were feeling that day and if any new symptoms have developed). And they would call in at random times to check where you're at. Unfortunately what some people would do is leave their phones at home and go out, infecting others.

It's hard to explain my feelings about this interview. Kind of like I have a hard time explaining my feelings about Atlas Shrugged. But I love everything you guys talked about. It's very inspirational, motivates/inspires me to be a leader in something new. Push the limits, work towards something new and even better than the past, and change the lives of people.

Also good points on how the government gets into our business too much. Restricting us.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Episode 25!

We are a quarter of the way to 100 episodes! Incredible, it feels like yesterday I didn't have a radio show.

The topic of the day is SEO and I have an expert in the space, he has quite an impressive SEO firm out of Canada. We also had some great discussions about long term vs short term and overall legitimacy.

It is on all of your apps and YouTube below. (If I am missing one, PLEASE let me know.)

It is short and sweet... Enjoy!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoYm2i25SA4

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
In my experience, these people are responding to email at all hours of the day. Anecdotally there seem to be a lot of 9 and 10pm replies
Well, I met with the VP of a smaller company (90 employees) yesterday and he's meeting with the owner today. Didn't waste time with lower level people. If they buy in then I've just landed an account worth at least $150K-$225K/yr.

Also didn't waste time on "I'm not ready for this yet" or "I don't have the skill set yet" mindset that @Kak mentions in his "Paying Dues" show. (And yes, man, you should go back and change the title. ;) )

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@Kak : In your "Think Bigger" thread you have talked about writing a post about "The MASSIVE power of partnerships... Going toe to toe with giants". Will you do this post as a podcast?

DONE

Episode 26 is LIVE

The Power of Partnership!

In this episode, I address something I have been meaning to address for a long time. The Power of Partnership. We aren't talking about business partners, we are talking about strategic partnerships. What is a strategic partner? How can strategic partners help your business? Also, find out what I am pissed off about and also a little bit about Robinhood on this episode of KBRS.

Awaken with JP is who I was refering to as hilarious in the show...

Last edited:

Knuffix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 25, 2014
DONE

Episode 26 is LIVE

The Power of Partnership!

In this episode, I address something I have been meaning to address for a long time. The Power of Partnership. We aren't talking about business partners, we are talking about strategic partnerships. What is a strategic partner? How can strategic partners help your business? Also, find out what I am pissed off about and also a little bit about Robinhood on this episode of KBRS.

Thank you. Gonna listen to it on YT in a minute.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Someone asked me today...

What is the difference between a "radio show" and a podcast?

I had to think about that for a bit and this is what I came up with:

In the true sense of the word "radio," the show would be pushed out of a transmitter to your AM, FM, or XM receiver. We are not currently "over the air." This is something we are interested in though.

I still think there is a difference. With a podcast, it is common that the host will pop in every once in a while and create some content. On the other hand, with a radio show, I believe it becomes something the listeners can count on. Something they can fold into their routine. Instead of being a media source where consumers are pleasantly surprised by new content, I want KBRS to be something that can be counted on to provide new content.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Someone asked me today...

What is the difference between a "radio show" and a podcast?

I had to think about that for a bit and this is what I came up with:

In the true sense of the word "radio," the show would be pushed out of a transmitter to your AM, FM, or XM receiver. We are not currently "over the air." This is something we are interested in though.

I still think there is a difference. With a podcast, it is common that the host will pop in every once in a while and create some content. On the other hand, with a radio show, I believe it becomes something the listeners can count on. Something they can fold into their routine. Instead of being a media source where consumers are pleasantly surprised by new content, I want KBRS to be something that can be counted on to provide new content.
Good point about the regular schedule. Makes sense.

I also think if you eventually change it to “The Kill Bigger Show" then it easily sits on iTunes and YouTube (it can be audio and video). I know there's video podcasts. I don't think this is a big deal mind you. I think that if it's on YouTube as a Radio Show then we expect to see mics and a studio setup for sound. You may not even be talking to camera.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Good point about the regular schedule. Makes sense.

I also think if you eventually change it to the "Kill Bigger Show" then it easily sits on iTunes and YouTube (it can be audio and video). I know there's video podcasts. I don't think this is a big deal mind you. I think that if it's on YouTube as a Radio Show then we expect to see mics and a studio setup for sound. You may not even be talking to camera.

I want a full-blown, foam on the walls, multi-microphone, conference table, Joe Rogan style, 4k studio. I will get it too.

This will be massive. Mark my words right here. This entire process will be documented from the very first episode.

It will just be one of the many offices we have in my future global headquarters building.

Knuffix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 25, 2014
I want a full-blown, foam on the walls, multi-microphone, conference table, Joe Rogan style, 4k studio. I will get it too.

This will be massive. Mark my words right here. This entire process will be documented from the very first episode.

It will just be one of the many offices we have in my future global headquarters building.

The Joe Rogan show but for Capitalism & Entrepreneurship. GOD DAMN!

(Incidentally, Joe tends to be a bit like what MJ DeMarco decribes, as in "full blown capitalists making lots of money and suddenly flirting with communism. damn shame!)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The Joe Rogan show but for Capitalism & Entrepreneurship. GOD DAMN!

(Incidentally, Joe tends to be a bit like what MJ DeMarco decribes, as in "full blown capitalists making lots of money and suddenly flirting with communism. damn shame!)

You don't have to worry about me with this evil seductress.

I have had a similar problem with Buffett, Dalio, Dimon and Cuban.

Last edited:

Knuffix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 25, 2014
You don't have to worry about me with this evil seductress.

I have had a similar problems with Buffett, Dalio, Dimon and Cuban.

I don't know you that well but my gut feeling told me from the beginning that you won't have this problem. Godspeed!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Diving off the deep end and ordering some acoustic foam... I will find some way for my office to still look cool even with foam.

I can NOT handle the echo. Also got a 9x6 persian rug... Even though I hate rugs.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.