The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kyle Keegan Radio Show

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
1. I just poured my soul out in a Kill Bigger show for you all that Kyle will be releasing here in a bit

2. I might have made a completely inappropriate reference to an "explosive" package that Kyle had to put into proper context

3. Kyle makes a huge A-list announcement at the end of his show

4. There's a few minutes of outtakes that I know he has recorded that will never make it on to the public part of the show, but I would not be surprised to see it haunt me later in exclusive content at some point

Great time talking about getting past the gate keepers to the decision makers. If he releases the video, you will be able to see that I am ALL IN emotionally in these shows.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
EPISODE 9 IS LIVE! Reaching the "Unreachable" with Dave Happe.

Just listen to it. It needs no introduction. We also make an announcement of sorts at the end... ;)

Apple

Google

Spotify

YouTube

Spreaker

Enjoy!

In other news VPN was the culprit. The audio with Dave is nice and clean after we "invited" big brother.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
2. I might have made a completely inappropriate reference to an "explosive" package that Kyle had to put into proper context

You have to be specific when you start talking about explosions these days. :rofl:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Wow! It seems like everytime I check the podcast on Spotify there’s always a new episode! Keep it going!! Time to listen to the conversation with @Andy Black and then with @Vigilante.

By the way, I love these hour long episodes! Definitely takes more time, but I’m listening at 2x, doesn’t seem that long to me. :)

Great job!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Wow! It seems like everytime I check the podcast on Spotify there’s always a new episode! Keep it going!! Time to listen to the conversation with @Andy Black and then with @Vigilante.

By the way, I love these hour long episodes! Definitely takes more time, but I’m listening at 2x, doesn’t seem that long to me. :)

Great job!

YES!

This was a BIG week of content for the Kill Bigger radio show. "They" say you should do a show per week, maybe two... It is my show, "they" and their endless analysis can shove it. I will do 15 shows in a week at some point just to show everyone what I think about their best practices.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I wanted to leave this book here for anyone to get their creative juices running:
How to Get a Meeting with Anyone

Like Kyle mentions, business is an art, and getting a meeting with someone is likewise. In this book, the author talks about various creative methods that they used to get a meeting with a person and get past the gatekeeper.

note: The author does talk about his cartoon company a lot, trying to sell you on getting him to make you cartoons in order to meet specific people. Besides the selling, the book is pretty good.

Great episode, Dave, Kyle!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
We have EPISODE 7 available now!

It is HARD to believe that I have only been officially live for like 10 days. This is really turning out to be fun for me. I will let you guys in on a little secret... This is out of my comfort zone. I never in a million years expected to want to do something like this. I decided to flat out obliterate my comfort zone... I now LIVE outside of my comfort zone. I am growing more and more comfortable with this as time goes on.

Episode 7 features a guest and my friend @MTEE1985 ... Together we discuss finance, investing, what current events mean for investors, and... He talks about a billion dollar startup he is a part of.

I fully understand it is a lot... But the content is good, so speed it up if you have to because you won't want to miss it.

Also, my apologies for the quality of the Skype call... I need to do some research and get some higher fidelity audio with my guests. I will not stop improving until everything is perfect. I am literally going all in... I started with a simple digital USB mic... Now I am looking at a professional XLR setup... I have super high end podcast editing software now. Guys... We are going big. Like not just big... BIGGER.

Mike Travis: Investing and Finance Part One of a Billion

Apple Podcasts

Spotify Podcasts

Google Podcasts

Spreaker

Enjoy!

By the way... The man is a prophet... Bearish on Tuesday... Massive sell off on Thursday.

Gold? It is down less than one percent, but it is 5% up on your typical managed portfolio today. That delta alone is probably not far off of some people's average yearly gains.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I bought some JCPenney stock today. That’s one you can only buy if you can write off the entire investment.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Ladies and Gentlemen. On June 22nd I am pleased and thrilled to welcome the Libertarian Candidate for President of the United States on the Kill Bigger Radio Show.... Jo Jorgensen.

She talks a lot about privacy, liberty and criminal justice in her platform. We are going to chat about business policy, capitalism and tax reform.

It will be an incredibly cool show that I am looking forward to.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Ladies and Gentlemen. On June 22nd I am pleased and thrilled to welcome the Libertarian Candidate for President of the United States on the Kill Bigger Radio Show.... Jo Jorgensen.

She talks a lot about privacy, liberty and criminal justice in her platform. We are going to chat about business policy, capitalism and tax reform.

It will be an incredibly cool show that I am looking forward to.

Gold when you deliver.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Gold when you deliver.

I will deliver. The first of many big time shows.

On another note... Today is a record download day for us. Over 105 listens in one day because there will undoubtedly be a lot more before midnight! That is spectacular for just being at this for two weeks. The "average" new podcast gets like 140 views in a month or something like that according to @Vigilante

I am excited about what is to come! I am going to make this huge.

Bear with me... I still think my sound quality sucks. I am jumping in and getting all of the bugs worked out. The shows are still valuable, but I am not going to stop improving until I have the production quality of Tim Ferris. The new mic should get here tomorrow.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I will deliver. The first of many big time shows.

On another note... Today is a record download day for us. Over 105 listens in one day because there will undoubtedly be a lot more before midnight! That is spectacular for just being at this for two weeks. The "average" new podcast gets like 140 views in a month or something like that according to @Vigilante

I am excited about what is to come! I am going to make this huge.

View attachment 33444

Bear with me... I still think my sound quality sucks. I am jumping in and getting all of the bugs worked out. The shows are still valuable, but I am not going to stop improving until I have the production quality of Tim Ferris. The new mic should get here tomorrow.

bigly

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I bought some JCPenney stock today. That’s one you can only buy if you can write off the entire investment.

Be sure you use the phrase “write off” formally here at the fastlane forum or JScott will turn your life upside down. :rofl:

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
The Unreachable episode with Dave made my day.

Defying conventional wisdom, breaking down limiting beliefs, Dave's story with that unique attention grabbing tactic, the banter between you two, and reiterating the importance of hammering the phone.

It wasn't missing anything.

BlindSide

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Mar 16, 2017
Los Angeles

Defying conventional wisdom, breaking down limiting beliefs, Dave's story with that unique attention grabbing tactic, the banter between you two, and reiterating the importance of hammering the phone.

Agreed. Great job @Vigilante and @Kak.

Ive been in enterprise B2B sales for 2 years now, I think it’s a fantastic lesson for most entrepreneurs in terms of getting a job. Sales at this level forces you into uncomfortable situations daily, and teaches you that it’s not as crazy as you think.

I've experienced, and seen, CIOs of the largest companies take cold calls and have in-depth conversations. I've setup countless meetings with decision-makers for the outside sales teams. It’s an incredible skill to acquire.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Agreed. Great job @Vigilante and @Kak.

Ive been in enterprise B2B sales for 2 years now, I think it’s a fantastic lesson for most. Sales at this level forces you into uncomfortable situations daily, and teaches you that it’s not as crazy as you think.

Ive experienced, and seen, CIOs of the largest companies take cold calls and have in-depth conversations. Ive setup countless meetings with decision-makers for the outside sales teams. It’s an incredible skill to acquire.

HOW do you do it? What are your top tips?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Thank you. YOU are our fuel.

BlindSide

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Mar 16, 2017
Los Angeles
HOW do you do it? What are your top tips?
Man, so much goes into prospecting for new customers. Top tips:

1. Leverage the existing technology that's out there today to find decision-makers. LinkedIn search for titles you sell to (ex: If I'm selling software that helps companies gather insights into where they could save money, I'm prospecting the VP of Procurement). Use tools like hunter.io to get direct e-mails. Use automated replies to get direct phone lines. Tools like Seamless.ai to get direct contact info.

2. If you get them on the phone, be professional and get to it. I prefer to ask for permission, some don't. Provide value up front, an insightful question they haven't thought of before.. some way to gather interest and keep the conversation going.

"Hi Dave, Tyler calling from ____. Thank you for taking my call. Do you have a few moments?"

Dave: Sure.

"Thanks Dave. The reason for my call is ____"I see you are getting back into the podcasting space. I listened to your recent episode on What To Do If You're Fired, I really enjoyed the to-the-point advice and throwing your ego aside. I'm curious, as you've voiced concerns a few times on making sure the audio is dialed-in and not picking up background noise, have you heard of ____?"

3. The first objection is usually a lie. "I don't have budget." "I'm busy." "We have this." You need to come up with some prepared responses to overcome these. I prefer to acknowledge the objection, and then ask another question.

Dave: "Tyler, I'm busy. Haven't heard of you, and don't have time right now. Send me an e-mail."

Tyler: "Of course Dave, I understand that your a very busy man. Happy to send over some material. I just wanted to ask, how are you tracking how much each of your episodes are being listened to by your audience?"

Some people dislike this. The reality is often (NOT ALWAYS), if they answered the phone, they have time to talk. You just came across as an annoying salesman, and haven't delivered enough value to continue the conversation yet.

4. You really just need to stand out. Make your e-mails personalized. When you get someone to pickup, don't throw a canned pitch. Make sure they know that you know who they are, what they do, possible interests, etc. Can you do a quick demo of your product and customize it to the individual? Get Loom, record yourself and screen-share the demo, and send it to them. E-mail line could be something like: Built this app for you, Dave. Your responsibility is to figure out how to leverage your messaging and product/service to make it unique and stand out from the noise in their e-mail/phone/voicemail.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Man, so much goes into prospecting for new customers. Top tips:

1. Leverage the existing technology that's out there today to find decision-makers. LinkedIn search for titles you sell to (ex: If I'm selling software that helps companies gather insights into where they could save money, I'm prospecting the VP of Procurement). Use tools like hunter.io to get direct e-mails. Use automated replies to get direct phone lines. Tools like Seamless.ai to get direct contact info.

2. If you get them on the phone, be professional and get to it. I prefer to ask for permission, some don't. Provide value up front, an insightful question they haven't thought of before.. some way to gather interest and keep the conversation going.

"Hi Dave, Tyler calling from ____. Thank you for taking my call. Do you have a few moments?"

Dave: Sure.

"Thanks Dave. The reason for my call is ____"I see you are getting back into the podcasting space. I listened to your recent episode on What To Do If You're Fired, I really enjoyed the to-the-point advice and throwing your ego aside. I'm curious, as you've voiced concerns a few times on making sure the audio is dialed-in and not picking up background noise, have you heard of ____?"

3. The first objection is usually a lie. "I don't have budget." "I'm busy." "We have this." You need to come up with some prepared responses to overcome these. I prefer to acknowledge the objection, and then ask another question.

Dave: "Tyler, I'm busy. Haven't heard of you, and don't have time right now. Send me an e-mail."

Tyler: "Of course Dave, I understand that your a very busy man. Happy to send over some material. I just wanted to ask, how are you tracking how much each of your episodes are being listened to by your audience?"

Some people dislike this. The reality is often (NOT ALWAYS), if they answered the phone, they have time to talk. You just came across as an annoying salesman, and haven't delivered enough value to continue the conversation yet.

4. You really just need to stand out. Make your e-mails personalized. When you get someone to pickup, don't throw a canned pitch. Make sure they know that you know who they are, what they do, possible interests, etc. Can you do a quick demo of your product and customize it to the individual? Get Loom, record yourself and screen-share the demo, and send it to them. E-mail line could be something like: Built this app for you, Dave. Your responsibility is to figure out how to leverage your messaging and product/service to make it unique and stand out from the noise in their e-mail/phone/voicemail.

I wish the forum still had awardable speed points, because this post would have earned some.

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
Jacksonville, North Carolina
@Kak,

Great show. I’m excited to see where this goes. Is your CEO day episode supposed to have 28 minutes of silence on it? I feel like there is something missing. I checked it on the Apple Podcast app and YouTube and both had your introduction and then nothing. Just silence.

B_Mac

Redneck Oligarch
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Apr 10, 2017
Southwest Virginia
@Kak,

Great show. I’m excited to see where this goes. Is your CEO day episode supposed to have 28 minutes of silence on it? I feel like there is something missing. I checked it on the Apple Podcast app and YouTube and both had your introduction and then nothing. Just silence.
Yes it is. He said you had planned on dedicating 37 minutes to listening to the episode, but he purposely let the file run for 30 extra minutes of silence. Those 30 minutes are for CEO time. Instead of packing boxes or setting up something, you should have used those 30 minutes for big picture, long term, strategic thinking about your business.

BTW, I think things like this are very valuable. I often take the time to sit in silence and just think. Sometimes about business, sometimes about life.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Kak,

I listened to it and it wasn’t just an intro, but there was a lot of silence - deliberately.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I listened to it and it wasn’t just an intro, but there was a lot of silence - deliberately.

Yes!

The point of the show was to step away from the task work and “take a CEO day.” The silence was to help. A listener that downloaded that show was going to commit 37 minutes to it. That way they would at least take 30 minutes to think bigger. To think like a CEO.

We all, myself included, get caught up in the task work and can go days or even weeks without thinking big picture for the company. That sucks. CEO should be your primary role as an entrepreneur. What’s next is paramount.

Andy and I talked about momentum. How stuff happens when you are moving. How do you keep moving?

I only talked for about 7 minutes. Then I stuck some outro music at the very very end to make the computer ok with it. I mentioned this in the show.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Today we have a big milestone! We have hit the 1000 downloads mark! This is a blast! I am incredibly humbled to have a radio show enjoyed by so many, right out of the gate.

2 weeks to 1000 downloads. Incredible.

More fun to come!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.